|Melbourne Ruby Notes - March||Mario Visic||3/27/14 7:35 PM|
Thanks for everyone who attended, those who helped out, our presenters as well as our sponsors, we couldn't do it without you.
Talks were recorded and will be up within the next few days at: http://vimeo.com/rubyau
__ __ _ _ ____ _
| \/ | ___| | |__ ___ _ _ _ __ _ __ ___ | _ \ _ _| |__ _ _
| |\/| |/ _ \ | '_ \ / _ \| | | | '__| '_ \ / _ \ | |_) | | | | '_ \| | | |
| | | | __/ | |_) | (_) | |_| | | | | | | __/ | _ <| |_| | |_) | |_| |
|_| |_|\___|_|_.__/ \___/ \__,_|_| |_| |_|\___| |_| \_\\__,_|_.__/ \__, |
* Thanks to Inspire9 for the awesome venue!
* Thanks to Envato, Lookahead Search and CareMonkey for filling us with delicious food!
* Thanks to Zendesk for the tasty beverages!
Upcoming Melbourne Ruby Events:
* Hack Night - Tuesday 8th April
* Presentations Night - Thursday 24th April
Other Upcoming Events:
* Rails Camp Australia 15 - Brisbane, May 10th-13th 2014. Tickets will be a ballot, registrations not yet open.
* Web Directions Code - Melbourne, May 1st/2nd 2014. Use MELBOURNERUBY code for $50 off.
* RailsGirls Next - Coming soon to Melbourne! Planning is afoot.
* RubyConf AU 2015 - Coming back to Melbourne! Dates to be confirmed.
* CSSConf & JSConf - April 8/9 in Melbourne.
* Decompress - Open community hack day after CSS/JSConfs at Melbourne Uni $10 - bargain.
* Book on how to build a gem, Branden Hillkurt, have a look!
* RailsGirls summer of code taking applications, railsgirlsummerofcode.com
* Envato is hiring, lots of roles, techjobs.envato.com
* Ferocia, mid to senior ruby developer he...@ferocia.com.au, fixing internet banking
* Locomote is hiring, multiple ruby roles, email fr...@locomote.com.au
* 99 Designs are hiring a ruby developer 99designs.com (look for the link)
* Matt from lookahead search is hiring ruby developers, he will buy you coffee or lunch ma...@lookahead.com.au
* Matthew Delves: ActiveSupport::Notifications
* Chris D'Aloisio: Rails and the Client
* Andrei Gridnev: Best practices for testing in Rails
Talks next month in April:
* Duncan Bayne: Building and debugging native Ruby extensions
* Pete Yandell: With Verbs
* Rhiana Heath: Accessibility, more than just alt tags
* Steve Gilles: So you’ve decided to run a RubyConf
Pat & Mario