We are working to bring back resolvers in Brazil

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
We are working to bring back resolvers in Brazil Shen Wan 9/24/13 7:13 PM
Dear Google Public DNS users,

Currently queries to Google DNS from Brazil (and maybe other South American countries as well) are handled by resolvers in the United States. Consequently you may experience longer latency than before. We are sorry about this inconvenience to you and are working to restart resolvers in Brazil in the near future.
We are working to bring back resolvers in Brazil mad...@gmail.com 10/17/13 1:58 PM
Can you confirm this is a reaction to Pres Rousseff's statements about subjecting companies like Google to local privacy laws and local storage of user data?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/12/net-us-usa-security-snowden-brazil-idUSBRE98B14R20130912

Re: We are working to bring back resolvers in Brazil Shen Wan 10/23/13 11:56 AM
This question is off the topc of DNS. It was forwarded to Google's Public Affairs department and answered there.

On Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:58:23 PM UTC-4, mad...@gmail.com wrote:
Can you confirm this is a reaction to Pres Rousseff's statements about subjecting companies like Google to local privacy laws and local storage of user data?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/12/net-us-usa-security-snowden-brazil-idUSBRE98B14R20130912

Re: We are working to bring back resolvers in Brazil souza.pau...@gmail.com 11/22/13 4:14 PM
Please, come back to Brazil, we need Google Public DNS. I beg you restart resolvers in Brazil quickly. Our poor ISP's DNS resolvers is kind of rubish, putting our web so down!

Em terça-feira, 24 de setembro de 2013 23h13min44s UTC-3, Shen Wan escreveu:
Dear Google Public DNS users,

Currently queries to Google DNS from Brazil (and maybe other South American countries as well) are handled by resolvers in the United States. Consequently you may experience longer latency than before. We are sorry about this inconvenience to you and are working to restart resolvers in Brazil in the near future.
Re: We are working to bring back resolvers in Brazil Willy Sarahan 8/4/14 5:38 AM
Any news about the DNS come back to Brazil?

Thanks

Em terça-feira, 24 de setembro de 2013 23h13min44s UTC-3, Shen Wan escreveu:
Dear Google Public DNS users,

Currently queries to Google DNS from Brazil (and maybe other South American countries as well) are handled by resolvers in the United States. Consequently you may experience longer latency than before. We are sorry about this inconvenience to you and are working to restart resolvers in Brazil in the near future.
Re: We are working to bring back resolvers in Brazil Bharat Kumar 8/23/14 10:36 PM
I see occassional latencies from India. I use Google's public DNS because my ISP (MTNL) just doesn't have the gas any time!
If Chrome says couldn't resolve DNS (with 8.8.8.8), I really wouldn't know where to go.