Catch a configuration error in Play! Framework 2.0.4

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
Catch a configuration error in Play! Framework 2.0.4 David Horscroft 1/29/13 1:58 AM

My Play! 2.0.4 web application currently connects to several RDS MySQL databases, with the configuration file as such:

    # Africa
    db.afr.url="jdbc:mysql://<africa-server>:3306/users"
    db.afr.driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    db.afr.user=user1
    db.afr.password=****
    db.afr.logStatements=true

    # Europe
    db.eur.url="jdbc:mysql://<europe-server>:3306/users"
    db.eur.driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    db.eur.user=user1
    db.eur.password=****
    db.eur.logStatements=true

This works perfectly, while all the databases are running. However, if one of the databases is down (for whatever reason) the entire application fails, throwing a Configuration error (Cannot connect to databases [afr]).

How would I catch the Configuration Error on startup to catch and ignore/log these messages instead of killing the server completely? I've looked into using Global.java's onError() override but I'm having no luck there.

Thanks, David