IOException: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2

Showing 1-8 of 9 messages
IOException: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2 Marcelo Magalhaes 3/13/12 11:35 AM
Hello everyone, I´m just starting with Play. I barelly ended the 1.2.4 tutorials and the 2.0 was released. So, I´m trying to run the "todolist" project directly from the command line, but there is the JAVAC problem happening every time I try to run the project.. I just installed the jdk 6u31 for windows but no changes were made...

Please, can anyone help me figure out what´s the problem? And congratulations for the creators, Play is a masterpiece!
Re: [play-framework] IOException: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2 Marcos Silva Pereira 3/13/12 2:52 PM
Can you run javac itself in prompt?

If not, you should set JAVA_HOME (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Setting+the+JAVA_HOME+Variable+in+Windows) and add JAVA_HOME/bin to your PATH.

Kind Regards,
--
http://about.me/marcospereira

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Marcelo Magalhaes <marcelot...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone, I´m just starting with Play. I barelly ended the 1.2.4 tutorials and the 2.0 was released. So, I´m trying to run the "todolist" project directly from the command line, but there is the JAVAC problem happening every time I try to run the project.. I just installed the jdk 6u31 for windows but no changes were made...

Please, can anyone help me figure out what´s the problem? And congratulations for the creators, Play is a masterpiece!

Re: [play-framework] IOException: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2 Krystian 4/3/12 4:52 AM
Hi, I set JAVA_HOME and can run javac manually. But still can't compile in play. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit with  java 64-bit 1.7.0_03.
Any idea?

regards,
Krystian
Re: IOException: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2 Cesar Devera 4/4/12 12:26 PM
I had the same problem.

the trick is your system %PATH%

in my case (and probably yours), I had both JRE and JDK in the path,
and the JRE was BEFORE the JDK.

I believe that Play was run by java.exe under JRE, and was looking for
javac.exe inside JRE too, ignoring the system %PATH%.

the solution was putting the java JDK BEFORE the JRE in the %PATH%.
this way, Play is run by java.exe under JDK, and then it looks for
javac.exe in the same path.

regards,

----
On 3 abr, 08:52, Krystian <krystian.rako...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I set JAVA_HOME and can run javac manually. But still can't compile in
> play. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit with  java 64-bit 1.7.0_03.
> Any idea?
>
> regards,
> Krystian
>
> W dniu wtorek, 13 marca 2012, 22:52:43 UTC+1 użytkownik Marcos Silva
> Pereira napisał:
>

> > Can you run javac itself in prompt?
>
> > If not, you should set JAVA_HOME (
> >http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Setting+the+JAVA_HOME+Var...)
> > and add JAVA_HOME/bin to your PATH.
>
> > Kind Regards,
> > --
> >http://about.me/marcospereira
>
> > On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Marcelo Magalhaes <
Re: IOException: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2 Johan Espinoza 5/17/12 2:25 PM
I do all you say anda nothing happen, please help me!
Look de image :D
Re: [play-framework] Re: IOException: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2 Mathias Clerc 5/17/12 10:38 PM
PATH is already set in your machine, you need to edit it and to *add*
the jdk path to it (or lots of things may break if you replace
everything)

then open a *new* command prompt and type :
echo %PATH%
it should show you what you have set in the first step

then type :
javac -version
it should tell you something like "javac 1.7.0_04"

if everything went well, you can use play

2012/5/18 Johan Espinoza <johanp...@gmail.com>:
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/play-framework/-/VBWSBuBEZZkJ.
Re: IOException: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2 Maxim Galushka 4/17/13 11:37 AM
Thanks for the trick @Cesar Devera - this works perfectly
Re: IOException: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2 The dev 7/29/13 8:06 PM
awesome suggestion it worked for me Thanks!