|Installing playframework on MacOS||jumjum||4/29/12 7:50 PM|
I'm a recent switcher from Windows to MacOS. I can easily install play
on Windows, but on Mac... Let's just say I feel like I'm seeing a
computer for the first time. I'm total novice in mac world, and never
used it before.
Can anyone guide me on installing play framework on MacOS? I really
don't know basic commands when using terminal. Let's just say I
downloaded play framework binary into my Documents folder.
If someone could write a small tutorial "step by step for a complete
noob", I would really appreciate it. I have a week off from work,
planned on trying out text mate with playframewok, and I can't even
manage to do the most basic step of all :(
Thx in advance :)
|Re: Installing playframework on MacOS||biesior||4/30/12 2:17 AM|
Here it's described: http://www.playframework.org/documentation/2.0/Installing
MacOS is unix system, so you need to follow UNIX tips if any.
most of linux commands / samples / tutorials will be valid in MacOS terminal, there are sometimes exceptions, but basic commands are just the same
Also consider terminals replacement: http://www.iterm2.com it's just another terminal, isn't a bug deal, but working with iTerm is one just more comfortable than in standard terminal
W dniu poniedziałek, 30 kwietnia 2012 04:50:43 UTC+2 użytkownik jumjum napisał:
|Re: Installing playframework on MacOS||Alex Varju||4/30/12 2:23 PM|
1. Install Homebrew: https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew
2. From the terminal, type: brew install play
On Apr 29, 7:50 pm, jumjum <mileni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a recent switcher from Windows toMacOS. I can easily install play
> on Windows, but on Mac... Let's just say I feel like I'm seeing a> Can anyone guide me on installing play framework onMacOS? I really
|Re: Installing playframework on MacOS||ramil segarra||4/30/12 6:36 PM|
1. download the zip file and unzip to folder /Users/<youruser>/play.
2. add the path above to your .bash_profile, this can be found in your home dir /Users/<youruser>/. If not yet existing you can create the file .bash_profile by issuing the command "touch .bash_profile". The file should contain the text below:
3. to apply without restarting you can issue the command in terminal, "sh .bash_profile" .
hope this helps,
|Re: Installing playframework on MacOS||jumjum||4/30/12 6:47 PM|
Alex, thx for your help. Plain and simple. Now I'm set and ready to go.
Once again, I really appreciate it :)