Wiring or Software Setup problem?

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
Wiring or Software Setup problem? tau 1/4/12 3:03 PM
Hello Andrej,

i am trying to connect my mk2 controller with the screw terminal
adapter to some old MIR-Stepperdriver cards (uStep2).

I have connect the GND, Step, Dir Signals as well as the E-Stop
signals from the Ctrl connector to the various Stepper cards.

So far the steppers get a holding torque when i push the E-Stop button
on the software. I haven't managed to jog or operate them by G-Code.

Any hint what i might be missing (signal or software setting wise) for
the final success?

Thank you!
Re: [planet-cnc] Wiring or Software Setup problem? Andrej 1/4/12 3:11 PM
Hi

Did you notice in manual, that "S" on screw adapter is direction and "D"
is step.
I'm sure you did this wrong.

Best regards
Andrej

Re: Wiring or Software Setup problem? tau 1/4/12 3:47 PM
Andrej,

thank you for your quick response.

I am positive that i did wire it correctly since this was the first
thing that caught my eye when i read it on your website and since the
naming is 'opposed' to common sense I just rechecked. And yes, i
attached DIR from stepper card to S and CLK to D.
Re: [planet-cnc] Re: Wiring or Software Setup problem? Andrej 1/4/12 10:07 PM
Plese send some detailed pictures of your connections (controler to motor driver) to my email.
If pictures are good and show all connections then usually I can spot what is wrong.