[VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR

Showing 1-29 of 29 messages
[VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Pádraic Brady 8/13/13 7:50 AM
Hi all,

This is the Entrance Vote for a Caching PSR. Refer to the Meta Document (listed below) for additional details. The purpose of this vote is to establish whether PHP-FIG members are generally interested in publishing a PSR on the topic of caching. Whether you agree or disagree with the pre-draft proposal should not influence your vote. Should the vote pass, the proposal will move into a draft status where everyone can start debating it, sending in pull requests or proposing alternative approaches.

Please refer to the PSR Review Workflow bylaw to familiarise yourself with the new process: https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/bylaws/004-psr-workflow.md

Pre-Draft Caching Proposal Information

Pull Request: https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/149
Meta Document: https://github.com/Crell/fig-standards/blob/Cache/proposed/cache-meta.md
PSR Pre-Draft Text: https://github.com/Crell/fig-standards/blob/Cache/proposed/cache.md

The Working Group

Editor: Larry Garfield
Contributors: Paul Dragoonis & Robert Hafner
Sponsors: Pádraic Brady (Coordinator) & John Mertic

Voting

Voting commences immediately and all elligible votes must be cast by 14:50 UTC on Tuesday, the 27th of August. Voting will end early should all members cast their votes prior to the deadline. I will call the vote shortly after the cutoff point is reached. A quorum of votes must be cast in order for the vote to be valid.

Refer to the Voting bylaw for more information: https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/bylaws/001-voting-protocol.md

There are now three Entrance Votes in progress on the list, so remember to cast votes for all of the others too!

Paddy

Pádraic Brady

http://blog.astrumfutura.com
http://www.survivethedeepend.com
Zend Framework Community Review Team
Zend Framework PHP-FIG Representative
Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Pádraic Brady 8/13/13 8:24 AM
Recording my own vote before I forget!

+1 from Zend Framework

Paddy
Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Larry Garfield 8/13/13 8:54 AM
+1 (obviously)

--Larry Garfield, Drupal

On 8/13/13 9:50 AM, P�draic Brady wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is the Entrance Vote for a Caching PSR. Refer to the Meta Document
> (listed below) for additional details. The purpose of this vote is to
> establish whether PHP-FIG members are generally interested in publishing
> a PSR on the topic of caching. Whether you agree or disagree with the
> pre-draft proposal should not influence your vote. Should the vote pass,
> the proposal will move into a draft status where everyone can start
> debating it, sending in pull requests or proposing alternative approaches.
>
> Please refer to the PSR Review Workflow bylaw to familiarise yourself
> with the new process:
> https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/bylaws/004-psr-workflow.md
>
> *Pre-Draft Caching Proposal Information*
>
> *Pull Request:* https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/149
> *Meta Document:*
> https://github.com/Crell/fig-standards/blob/Cache/proposed/cache-meta.md
> *PSR Pre-Draft Text:*
> https://github.com/Crell/fig-standards/blob/Cache/proposed/cache.md
>
> *The Working Group*
>
> *Editor:* Larry Garfield
> *Contributors:* Paul Dragoonis & Robert Hafner
> *Sponsors:* P�draic Brady (Coordinator) & John Mertic
>
> *Voting*
>
> Voting commences immediately and all elligible votes must be cast by
> 14:50 UTC on Tuesday, the 27th of August. Voting will end early should
> all members cast their votes prior to the deadline. I will call the vote
> shortly after the cutoff point is reached. A quorum of votes must be
> cast in order for the vote to be valid.
>
> Refer to the Voting bylaw for more information:
> https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/bylaws/001-voting-protocol.md
>
> There are now three Entrance Votes in progress on the list, so remember
> to cast votes for all of the others too!
>
> Paddy

> P�draic Brady
>
> http://blog.astrumfutura.com
> http://www.survivethedeepend.com
> Zend Framework Community Review Team
> Zend Framework PHP-FIG Representative

Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Jordi Boggiano 8/13/13 9:00 AM
+1
Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR CalEvans 8/13/13 10:49 AM
+1

=C=

Read this book before you hire a
developer to build your website.
Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Phil Sturgeon 8/13/13 10:50 AM
+1 from PyroCMS
Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Fabien Potencier 8/13/13 1:03 PM
+1

Fabien

On 8/13/13 4:50 PM, P�draic Brady wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is the Entrance Vote for a Caching PSR. Refer to the Meta Document
> (listed below) for additional details. The purpose of this vote is to
> establish whether PHP-FIG members are generally interested in publishing
> a PSR on the topic of caching. Whether you agree or disagree with the
> pre-draft proposal should not influence your vote. Should the vote pass,
> the proposal will move into a draft status where everyone can start
> debating it, sending in pull requests or proposing alternative approaches.
>
> Please refer to the PSR Review Workflow bylaw to familiarise yourself
> with the new process:
> https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/bylaws/004-psr-workflow.md
>
> *Pre-Draft Caching Proposal Information*
>
> *Pull Request:* https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/149
> *Meta Document:*
> https://github.com/Crell/fig-standards/blob/Cache/proposed/cache-meta.md
> *PSR Pre-Draft Text:*
> https://github.com/Crell/fig-standards/blob/Cache/proposed/cache.md
>
> *The Working Group*
>
> *Editor:* Larry Garfield
> *Contributors:* Paul Dragoonis & Robert Hafner
> *Sponsors:* P�draic Brady (Coordinator) & John Mertic
>
> *Voting*
>
> Voting commences immediately and all elligible votes must be cast by
> 14:50 UTC on Tuesday, the 27th of August. Voting will end early should
> all members cast their votes prior to the deadline. I will call the vote
> shortly after the cutoff point is reached. A quorum of votes must be
> cast in order for the vote to be valid.
>
> Refer to the Voting bylaw for more information:
> https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/bylaws/001-voting-protocol.md
>
> There are now three Entrance Votes in progress on the list, so remember
> to cast votes for all of the others too!
>
> Paddy

> P�draic Brady
>
> http://blog.astrumfutura.com
> http://www.survivethedeepend.com
> Zend Framework Community Review Team
> Zend Framework PHP-FIG Representative

Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR William Durand 8/13/13 1:03 PM
+1

--
William Durand | http://www.williamdurand.fr

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 10:03 PM, Fabien Potencier <fabien.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1

Fabien

On 8/13/13 4:50 PM, Pádraic Brady wrote:
[...]

Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Michael Dowling 8/13/13 1:04 PM
+1 from AWS

Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Paul Dragoonis 8/14/13 3:43 AM
and +1 from PPI Framework

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Dowling, Michael <mtdo...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 from AWS

Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Taylor Otwell 8/14/13 8:37 AM
+1 From Laravel
Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Drak 8/14/13 1:41 PM
+1

On 13 August 2013 15:50, Pádraic Brady <padrai...@gmail.com> wrote:

Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Guilherme Blanco 8/15/13 10:01 PM
-1

Reasons:
1- Classes and method naming

2- Interface is tied to expirable caches only

3- Does not allow to customize calls while fetching or storing items

4- Multiple responsibilities on interface for Item

5- Clear method should not exist.

--
Guilherme Blanco
MSN: guilher...@hotmail.com

This is an entrance vote. You're voting against any consideration of any caching PSR. Debate over the DRAFT content will take place after the vote.

Paddy

Pádraic Brady
Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Karsten Dambekalns 8/16/13 1:31 AM
Hi.

Pádraic Brady wrote:
> This is the Entrance Vote for a Caching PSR. Refer to the Meta Document
> (listed below) for additional details. The purpose of this vote is to
> *Pre-Draft Caching Proposal Information*
>
> *Meta Document:*
> https://github.com/Crell/fig-standards/blob/Cache/proposed/cache-meta.md
> *PSR Pre-Draft Text:*
> https://github.com/Crell/fig-standards/blob/Cache/proposed/cache.md

+1 from TYPO3 Flow.

But expect some resistance on the actual proposal ("each cache entry is
retrieved as an object" collides with "used to improve performance" and
I, too, miss a defined way to set items.)

Regards,
Karsten

Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Pádraic Brady 8/16/13 4:49 AM
Don't worry. We have a batch of Borg nanites we've wanted a test subject to try out for us ;)

Pádraic Brady
http://blog.astrumfutura.com
Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Guilherme Blanco 8/16/13 6:23 AM
Hi,

Based on Paddy's comment, then I'd switch my vote to +1.
I just feel that it seems confusing of voting to a document that is attached to the voting process but it should not be considered.

Guilherme Blanco
MSN: guilher...@hotmail.com
GTalk: guilhermeblanco
Toronto - ON/Canada
Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Nils Adermann 8/16/13 6:48 AM
+1

On 08/13/2013 04:50 PM, P�draic Brady wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is the Entrance Vote for a Caching PSR. Refer to the Meta Document
> (listed below) for additional details. The purpose of this vote is to
> establish whether PHP-FIG members are generally interested in publishing
> a PSR on the topic of caching. Whether you agree or disagree with the
> pre-draft proposal should not influence your vote. Should the vote pass,
> the proposal will move into a draft status where everyone can start
> debating it, sending in pull requests or proposing alternative approaches.
>
> Please refer to the PSR Review Workflow bylaw to familiarise yourself
> with the new process:
> https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/bylaws/004-psr-workflow.md
>
> *Pre-Draft Caching Proposal Information*
>
> *Pull Request:* https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/149
> *Meta Document:*
> https://github.com/Crell/fig-standards/blob/Cache/proposed/cache-meta.md
> *PSR Pre-Draft Text:*
> https://github.com/Crell/fig-standards/blob/Cache/proposed/cache.md
>
> *The Working Group*
>
> *Editor:* Larry Garfield
> *Contributors:* Paul Dragoonis & Robert Hafner
> *Sponsors:* P�draic Brady (Coordinator) & John Mertic
>
> *Voting*
>
> Voting commences immediately and all elligible votes must be cast by
> 14:50 UTC on Tuesday, the 27th of August. Voting will end early should
> all members cast their votes prior to the deadline. I will call the vote
> shortly after the cutoff point is reached. A quorum of votes must be
> cast in order for the vote to be valid.
>
> Refer to the Voting bylaw for more information:
> https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/bylaws/001-voting-protocol.md
>
> There are now three Entrance Votes in progress on the list, so remember
> to cast votes for all of the others too!
>
> Paddy

> P�draic Brady
>
> http://blog.astrumfutura.com
> http://www.survivethedeepend.com
> Zend Framework Community Review Team
> Zend Framework PHP-FIG Representative

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/CALwr1Gm-QL5_yRbECsByh4GugzwQAGhsk3k89mKxwhXE3TyV0A%40mail.gmail.com?hl=en.
Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Phil Sturgeon 8/16/13 7:17 AM
You're voting in the idea that we want to have a Cache proposal at some point. The exact document is completely subject to change, big or small.

We're just saying "Yes, the PSR wants to have a little group of people working on Caching."

Create a new thread with your feedback, or grab Larry on IRC to see if he can work any of your content in. Or create new threads for each point, or find existing threads talking about those points (there are a LOT of threads starting "[Cache]").

But, we don't talk about stuff here :)
Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Phil Sturgeon 8/16/13 7:18 AM
I used all the wrong words in there.

1. You're voting in the idea that we want to have a Cache PSR at some point
2. We're just saying "Yes, the FIG wants to have a little group of people working on Caching."

I need a coffee.
Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Lukas Kahwe Smith 8/18/13 12:09 PM
+1 from Jackalope

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
sm...@pooteeweet.org

Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Don Gilbert 8/19/13 1:47 PM
+1 from Joomla
Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Pádraic Brady 8/27/13 12:01 AM
Last chance to vote today!

Paddy

Pádraic Brady
Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Mike van Riel 8/27/13 1:26 AM
Thanks for the reminder, I just noticed that phpDocumentor hadn't voted yet.

+1 from phpDocumentor

Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Pádraic Brady 8/28/13 4:24 AM
Hi all,

The results of the vote follow:

Yay: 16
Nay: 0
MIA: 11

With 59% of member projects having voted, we have a quorum and the Entrance Vote is passed. In accordance with the new workflow bylaw, the Caching PSR is now in its Draft stage and will be designated PSR-6.

During the Draft stage you may discuss, debate, eviscerate and propose changes to the PSR. Once the Editor and Sponsors agree that the proposal is complete and the meta document is complete and objective, it may be taken to the Review stage for member projects to consider whether it is ready for an acceptance vote.

Thanks to everyone who voted!

Paddy
Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Larry Garfield 8/28/13 9:55 AM
Yay!  Thanks, Paddy.  I'll open up some discussion threads for what I
consider the still-outstanding questions in the next 48 hours or so, as
well as add some example code to the meta doc to help clarify the
expected usage patterns.

--Larry Garfield

On 8/28/13 6:24 AM, P�draic Brady wrote:
> [...]
>     https://github.com/Crell/fig-standards/blob/Cache/proposed/cache.md
>
>     *The Working Group*
>
>     *Editor:* Larry Garfield
>     *Contributors:* Paul Dragoonis & Robert Hafner
>     *Sponsors:* P�draic Brady (Coordinator) & John Mertic
>
>     *Voting*
>
>     Voting commences immediately and all elligible votes must be cast by
>     14:50 UTC on Tuesday, the 27th of August. Voting will end early
>     should all members cast their votes prior to the deadline. I will
>     call the vote shortly after the cutoff point is reached. A quorum of
>     votes must be cast in order for the vote to be valid.
>
>     Refer to the Voting bylaw for more information:
>     https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/bylaws/001-voting-protocol.md
>
>     There are now three Entrance Votes in progress on the list, so
>     remember to cast votes for all of the others too!

Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Phil Sturgeon 8/28/13 12:01 PM

Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Paul Dragoonis 8/29/13 4:35 AM
YAS!

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Phil Sturgeon <em...@philsturgeon.co.uk> wrote:

Re: [VOTE][Entrance] Caching PSR Robert Hafner 9/3/13 10:59 AM
Fantastic to hear this! This was a great email to see coming back from vacation. I'm looking forward to get this draft up to something you'll all want to use.

More topics »