[VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader

Showing 1-29 of 29 messages
[VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Phil Sturgeon 9/18/13 9:09 AM
The PSR-4 Autoloading vote is upon us. It has been in Review for the required two weeks, and another two weeks for good measure.

This is an Acceptance Vote. It is the first time we've done one of these under the new workflow. The idea now is that if this vote passes: it's official.

The voting period is going to last for two weeks, and finish at 16:00 (4pm) UTC on October 2nd 2013.

+1 from PyroCMS
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Don Gilbert 9/18/13 9:21 AM
+1 from Joomla.
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader pmjones 9/18/13 9:11 AM
+1 from Solar/Aura

--
Paul M. Jones
pmjo...@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Alexander Makarov 9/18/13 12:54 PM
+1 from Yii.
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Taylor Otwell 9/18/13 1:52 PM
+1 from Laravel
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Leo Feyer 9/19/13 12:09 AM
+1 from Contao

Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader André R. 9/19/13 12:32 AM
+0 from eZ Publish

(the spec looks ok good, but unfortunately we will end up with two autoload standards)
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Jordi Boggiano 9/19/13 7:50 AM
+1 from Composer
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Don Gilbert 9/19/13 8:14 AM
Leo, thank you for you support and interest in participating. Please keep in mind, however, that your vote will not be counted in the final total, as Contao has yet to be accepted as a represented project to the FIG.

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:09:46 AM UTC-5, Leo Feyer wrote:
+1 from Contao

Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Larry Garfield 9/19/13 10:01 PM
+1

--Larry Garfield, Drupal

Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Karsten Dambekalns 9/23/13 12:23 AM
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Larry E. Masters 9/23/13 11:56 AM
+1 CakePHP

--
Larry E. Masters

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:09:23 AM UTC-5, Phil Sturgeon wrote:
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Michael Dowling 9/23/13 12:28 PM
AWS votes +0
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Kris Wallsmith 9/24/13 3:33 PM
+1 from Assetic

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Phil Sturgeon <em...@philsturgeon.co.uk> wrote:

Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Bernhard Schussek 9/25/13 5:30 AM
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Nils Adermann 9/25/13 4:11 AM
+1 from phpBB

On 09/18/2013 06:09 PM, Phil Sturgeon wrote:
> The PSR-4 Autoloading vote is upon us. It has been in Review for the
> required two weeks, and another two weeks for good measure.
>
> *Proppsed
> PSR: *https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/psr-4-autoloader/psr-4-autoloader.md
> *Meta
> Document:* https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/blob/master/proposed/psr-4-autoloader/psr-4-autoloader-meta.md
>
> This is an Acceptance Vote. It is the first time we've done one of these
> under the new workflow. The idea now is that if this vote passes: it's
> official.
>
> The voting period is going to last for two weeks, and finish at 16:00
> (4pm) UTC on October 2nd 2013.
>
> *+1 from PyroCMS*
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader John Mertic 9/26/13 6:59 PM
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Lukas Kahwe Smith 9/27/13 6:19 AM
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Guilherme Blanco 9/27/13 8:46 AM
-1 from Doctrine
--
Guilherme Blanco
MSN: guilher...@hotmail.com

Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Mike van Riel 10/1/13 12:45 PM
+1 from phpDocumentor

(To be honest: I believe the mechanics are sound but the way it is written down does not sufficiently describe purpose usage and reasoning; I believe the document lacks body. Unfortunately I was too busy to respond in time so: too late I guess :))

On 09/18/2013 06:09 PM, Phil Sturgeon wrote:

Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Evert Pot 10/1/13 12:57 PM
+1 from SabreDAV
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Pádraic Brady 10/2/13 2:29 AM
+1 from Zend Framework

Paddy

On 18 September 2013 17:09, Phil Sturgeon <em...@philsturgeon.co.uk> wrote:

Pádraic Brady

http://blog.astrumfutura.com
http://www.survivethedeepend.com
Zend Framework Community Review Team
Zend Framework PHP-FIG Representative
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Phil Sturgeon 10/2/13 4:42 AM
Ok guys, this is going to be an unexpected action but it's something that needs to be done.

I am pulling this Acceptance vote.

Voting is closed, and all votes here are void.

The reasoning for this is quite simple: while people are generally supporting the idea (and the vote would have passed in 3 and a half hours) there has been some troubling feedback from a few members which I feel inclined to support. PSR-4 is going to be a huge thing, and if we pass it half done then we are doing a disservice to the PHP-FIG and the entire PHP community in general.

The concern is that while the idea is technically sound, the wording is confusing, sometimes open-ended and the doc does not stand up on its own merits.

Cal Evans said:

> I understand it enough to say I am in favor of it. However I'm not sure I could write code matching it without some trial and error.

This is exactly the issue.

Bernhard and Mike vR also say that if they both had more time they could provide pull requests that would clear up their own issues with the document. I cannot happily allow a vote to pass which will let this document be set in stone forever, just because folks were busy this week.

Mike is going to be at PHPNW in a few days as will I. We'll get some of this sorted, and this also gives Bernhard time to have his pull request sent in too.

I'm sorry about the last minute madness, but I feel like it is literally my job to make these calls as co-ordinator for this PSR.

Sorry Paul.

Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Drak 10/2/13 4:46 AM
+1 Phil - my feelings exactly. I would very much like to have seen the input of Bernhard and Mike and I felt there are some rough edges too. This is the right thing to do. It's clear PSR4 would pass, but it needs to pass in the best state and not second best. Well done for stepping up here. PSR4 will be like a fine whiskey in the end.

Drak

Cal Evans said:

> I understand it enough to say I am in favor of it. However I'm not sure I could write code matching it without some trial and error.

This is exactly the issue.

Bernhard and Mike vR also say that if they both had more time they could provide pull requests that would clear up their own issues with the document. I cannot happily allow a vote to pass which will let this document be set in stone forever, just because folks were busy this week.

Mike is going to be at PHPNW in a few days as will I. We'll get some of this sorted, and this also gives Bernhard time to have his pull request sent in too.

I'm sorry about the last minute madness, but I feel like it is literally my job to make these calls as co-ordinator for this PSR.

Sorry Paul.

Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Justin Hileman 10/2/13 11:37 AM

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 7:46 AM, Drak <dr...@zikula.org> wrote:
+1 Phil - my feelings exactly. I would very much like to have seen the input of Bernhard and Mike and I felt there are some rough edges too. This is the right thing to do. It's clear PSR4 would pass, but it needs to pass in the best state and not second best. Well done for stepping up here. PSR4 will be like a fine whiskey in the end.

If PSR4's fine whisky when it's done, what does that make the caching PSR? That one's been aging in one form or another for *years* :P

:+1: good call Phil. Better to slow it down a bit than push something through that we already think will need clarification.

--j

Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Evert Pot 10/2/13 11:43 AM
On Oct 2, 2013, at 7:37 PM, justin <jus...@justinhileman.info> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 7:46 AM, Drak <dr...@zikula.org> wrote:
> +1 Phil - my feelings exactly. I would very much like to have seen the input of Bernhard and Mike and I felt there are some rough edges too. This is the right thing to do. It's clear PSR4 would pass, but it needs to pass in the best state and not second best. Well done for stepping up here. PSR4 will be like a fine whiskey in the end.
>

> If PSR4's fine whisky when it's done, what does that make the caching PSR? That one's been aging in one form or another for *years* :P

The caching PSR I would describe as a forgotten loaf of bread.

Evert
Re: [VOTE][Accept] PSR-4: Autoloader Phil Sturgeon 10/3/13 6:21 AM
The caching PSR I would describe as a forgotten loaf of bread.

Correct.

PSR-4 has just one or two oddities that need to be cleared up and we have a plan to get that done. It's staying in Review so nothing major is going to happen, and it can go back in for a vote shortly. So it's not going to age all that much longer, we're just going to clarify and simplify.
More topics »