how do you prevent locking when you bring up a new node? --- without a snapshot

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
how do you prevent locking when you bring up a new node? --- without a snapshot Mark Niel 9/20/12 3:27 PM
Hello,

Let's say I have a 3 cluster system with one of them being an arbiter.

One of the nodes (not the arbiter) does a hard crash that is unrecoverable.
How do you sync it without locking if you don't have a snapshot?

I know we can do snapshots, and I believe there is a extrabackup with galera option.
Let's assume you can't snapshot it for whatever reason.
Does adding the new node lock the primary node? The arbiter doesn't have the data, so there is only one node with data.

Thanks!
Mark

Re: how do you prevent locking when you bring up a new node? --- without a snapshot Alexey Yurchenko 9/21/12 12:46 AM
in that case you should use xtrabackup snapshot transfer. It is
practically non-blocking (unless you have significant data in myisam
tables)

--
Alexey Yurchenko,
Codership Oy, www.codership.com