Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile

Showing 1-125 of 125 messages
Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 11/12/13 12:19 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce an option for you to gain more exposure for your photography and discover other great photographers by linking your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile.

You can read more about this in our blog post, and on this FAQ page.  Please note...
  • You need to be using the new Panoramio design.  If you're still using the classic design, consider switching by clicking on the "new design" invitation at the top of any Panoramio photo page.
  • You'll also need a Google+ account.  If you don't already have one, you can upgrade your Google account via the prompt at the top of most Panoramio pages.
Have questions or feedback about this option?  We welcome your posts in this thread :).
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Draken 11/12/13 12:31 PM
Can the Panoramio account be linked to a Google+ page?

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 11/12/13 12:37 PM
Yes, but only that's the first Google account linked to the Panoramio account.

Here are the steps:
1) Create a Google account if that hasn't been done already.
2) Upgrade to Google+ (again, if not already done)
3) Create a +Page (e.g., "Draken's Photo Emporium, Inc.")
4) In the Google+ settings, add a password to this +Page, essentially making it its own full Google account.
5) Sign in to that new Google+ Page account.
6) Visit Panoramio.com and then follow the prompt to connect that (+Page) profile to Panoramio.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile IPAAT 11/12/13 12:38 PM
Can the Panoramio account be linked to a Google+ page?

Yes, I want it too.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile RoarX 11/12/13 12:44 PM
"Yes, but only that's the first Google account linked to the Panoramio account."

What do you mean here? First?

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 11/12/13 12:47 PM
If you are already logging into Panoramio with a Google account, then only that Google+ profile can be linked to your Panoramio account.

For instance, if you're using foo...@gmail.com to log into Panoramio, you can only connect your foobar@gmail Google+ profile to your Panoramio account.  At this time, you can't change the Google account you've connected to Panoramio, or change the connection from a standard Google account to a Google +Page account.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Draken 11/12/13 12:48 PM
At the risk of sounding dumb, I don't find where to add a password to the +Page.

Are the Google+ settings the ones at the left on the drop-down menu?
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 11/12/13 12:53 PM
  • Go to http://plus.google.com, and select Pages on the lefthand nav (hover over Home)
  • Click Manage under the relevant Page.
  • Then click Settings, and look for "Setup a password"
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile RoarX 11/12/13 1:03 PM
So, basically, nobody who have connected Panoramio to a Google account (and thus using the same login to both) and have already signed up for G+ can do a G+ page connection? Or?

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:47:27 PM UTC+1, Adam Lasnik wrote:
If you are already logging into Panoramio with a Google account, then only that Google+ profile can be linked to your Panoramio account.

For instance, if you're using foo...@gmail.com to log into Panoramio, you can only connect your foobar@gmail Google+ profile to your Panoramio account.  At this time, you can't change the Google account you've connected to Panoramio, or change the connection from a standard Google account to a Google +Page account.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 11/12/13 1:08 PM
Correct.  For folks who've already linked a Google account to Panoramio, it's not possible to link a Google+ Page to the same Panoramio account.  We spent a lot of time exploring this possibility to enable switching, but in the end weren't able to implement it at this time, sorry :\.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile RoarX 11/12/13 1:13 PM
But YouTube offers me a list of pages I can click and connect to, I'm also using the same login there. Why aren't the same system used for Panoramio???

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:08:52 PM UTC+1, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Correct.  For folks who've already linked a Google account to Panoramio, it's not possible to link a Google+ Page to the same Panoramio account.  We spent a lot of time exploring this possibility to enable switching, but in the end weren't able to implement it at this time, sorry :\.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Draken 11/12/13 1:16 PM
Very sorry to hear that since it was precisely what I wanted to do. Besides, it would have been a fine way of keeping the privacy of all those of us who are using nicknames on Panoramio. We complied by linking our Panoramio accounts to Google+ accounts when we were asked to do it and finally we have no choice. Very unfair.

El martes, 12 de noviembre de 2013 18:08:52 UTC-3, Adam Lasnik escribió:
Correct.  For folks who've already linked a Google account to Panoramio, it's not possible to link a Google+ Page to the same Panoramio account.  We spent a lot of time exploring this possibility to enable switching, but in the end weren't able to implement it at this time, sorry :\.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 11/12/13 1:20 PM
We definitely do recognize the frustrations re: the inability to switch connected accounts, and will continue to see whether this can be changed, but we're unlikely to be able to implement this, at least in the short term.  And yes, we did examine the YouTube implementation, but were not able to implement this for Panoramio.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Daniela Brocca 11/12/13 1:22 PM
Then why is there the link to connect? Trying the answer is Connecting to Google+ failed.

Il giorno martedì 12 novembre 2013 22:08:52 UTC+1, Adam Lasnik ha scritto:
Correct.  For folks who've already linked a Google account to Panoramio, it's not possible to link a Google+ Page to the same Panoramio account.  We spent a lot of time exploring this possibility to enable switching, but in the end weren't able to implement it at this time, sorry :\.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 11/12/13 1:27 PM
Hmm!  This is the second case we've seen and our team is looking into it; thanks for letting us know!
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Matthew Walters 11/12/13 2:18 PM
I also get the "connect to google plus failed" message. Safari on iPad.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Wim Constant 11/12/13 3:32 PM
I also tried to connect, Connection failed, the link to connect disappeared AND I lost my avatar.
Using Google Chrome version 31.0.1650.48 m on a desktop PC, Windows 7
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 11/12/13 3:33 PM
We're still working on fixing this, and I'll reply back here the moment it's done.  Thanks for your patience!
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 11/12/13 3:39 PM
Whew... fixed!  Connecting your Google+ profile to your Panoramio account should now work.

Do note that your forum avatar photo may not change over for a few days, but don't worry, it'll come along eventually :)
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Chris M Gray 11/12/13 3:46 PM
Hi Wim, it looks like you need to add an avatar photo at Google+.

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:31:16 PM UTC-8, Wim Constant wrote:
I also tried to connect, Connection failed, the link to connect disappeared AND I lost my avatar.
Using Google Chrome version 31.0.1650.48 m on a desktop PC, Windows 7
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Wim Constant 11/12/13 4:00 PM
I tried to make a new avatar, but the top half of the settings page also disappeared.
I can try it at Google+ (I don't know if I'm connected and the link is gone)

Op woensdag 13 november 2013 00:46:09 UTC+1 schreef Chris M Gray:
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 11/12/13 4:07 PM
Hi Wim,

To reassure, you're now connected; other photographers can follow you now by the link on your profile.
As Chris noted, you'll want to add a profile photo on Google+, and then that same avatar will near-instantly show up as your Panoramio avatar.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Wim Constant 11/12/13 4:38 PM
Thanks, Chris and Adam.

It worked, I have an avatar again.
But now I'd like to know how to go back from Google+ to Panoramio.
So far I closed Google+ an logged in on Panoramio again, but I think there must be a short-cut.
And another question:  Just below the statistics I tell something about myself. If I should want to change that, how do I do that?

Op woensdag 13 november 2013 01:07:51 UTC+1 schreef Adam Lasnik:
Hi Wim,

To reassure, you're now connected; other photographers can follow you now by the link on your profile.
As Chris noted, you'll want to add a profile photo on Google+, and then that same avatar will near-instantly show up as your Panoramio avatar.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Chris M Gray 11/12/13 5:32 PM
I'm not sure I understand your first question.

It's a good point about the box to edit your description.  I will make sure it's added back in the next version.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Mark Goho 11/12/13 6:39 PM
Just linked my account to my local business page!

Before:

After:

Thanks team!!!

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Wim Constant 11/13/13 2:01 AM
Hi, Chris,

When I am in Google+ and I want to go to Panoramio, I look for a direct connection.
It is possible to direct to my Picasa album, but not to Panoramio, as far as I have found out at this moment.
So my question: Is there a direct link or do I have to start Panoramio the way I always do?

Greetings, Wim

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:31:21 PM UTC-8, Wim Constant wrote:
Thanks, Chris and Adam.

It worked, I have an avatar again.
But now I'd like to know how to go back from Google+ to Panoramio.
So far I closed Google+ an logged in on Panoramio again, but I think there must be a short-cut.
And another question:  Just below the statistics I tell something about myself. If I should want to change that, how do I do that?

Op woensdag 13 november 2013 01:07:51 UTC+1 schreef Adam Lasnik:
Hi Wim,

To reassure, you're now connected; other photographers can follow you now by the link on your profile.
As Chris noted, you'll want to add a profile photo on Google+, and then that same avatar will near-instantly show up as your Panoramio avatar.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Tomas K☼h☼ut 11/13/13 3:24 AM
Hi Wim,

I am not sure this is the best way, but I have links to Panoramio within my profile (Profile -> About -> section Links):

You can edit and add here address of any site and choose title whatever you like.

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile zerega 11/13/13 3:49 AM

Hi,

just connected, but now on Panoramio my real name appears instead of my nick. Where can I change to my nick name on Panoramio?
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Tomas K☼h☼ut 11/13/13 6:14 AM
Zerega, I think it's too late for you, but you will find the answer here:
http://www.panoramio.com/help/gplus-faq
Special attention to G+ user names policies:
(you shall use your real name, otherwise your account might be suspended).

On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:49:37 PM UTC+1, zerega wrote:

Hi,

just connected, but now on Panoramio my real name appears instead of my nick. Where can I change to my nick name on Panoramio?
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Draken 11/13/13 3:58 AM
zerega

I don't think that's possible, which transpires from the previous posts. Have you read them all?

El miércoles, 13 de noviembre de 2013 08:49:37 UTC-3, zerega escribió:

Hi,

just connected, but now on Panoramio my real name appears instead of my nick. Where can I change to my nick name on Panoramio?
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile zerega 11/13/13 4:57 AM
Transpires is the right word. In micrograms through micromillimeter sized glands.

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Draken 11/13/13 8:55 AM
Other than greater visibility (or exposure –pun intended– as the blog points out), which are the advantages of linking the Panoramio account to the Google+ profile?

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile © Tom Cooper 11/13/13 11:03 AM
I don't know if this is an advantage or not, but your account now shows up in my list of favorites as being in my G+ circles. =:-O

Tom

On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:55:02 AM UTC-6, Draken wrote:
Other than greater visibility (or exposure –pun intended– as the blog points out), which are the advantages of linking the Panoramio account to the Google+ profile?

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 11/13/13 1:29 PM
Draken, for now the value is all about increasing connections amongst photographers... including the feature that Tom noted.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile vkalathil 11/14/13 1:32 AM
Thanks for finally giving me a reason to use the new Panoramio design. I have been avoiding it completely because of the bad aesthetics. There is still a lot of room for improvement there, but the ability to link with G+ is a redeeming factor for me. I hope a mobile app is in the works.

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:19:48 PM UTC+1, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce an option for you to gain more exposure for your photography and discover other great photographers by linking your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile.

You can read more about this in our blog post, and on this FAQ page.  Please note...
  • You need to be using the new Panoramio design.  If you're still using the classic design, consider switching by clicking on the "new design" invitation at the top of any Panoramio photo page.
  • You'll also need a Google+ account.  If you don't already have one, you can upgrade your Google account via the prompt at the top of most Panoramio pages.
Have questions or feedback about this option?  We welcome your posts in this thread :).
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Hiking Mike 11/15/13 9:42 AM
Shoot, I love the new Panoramio design, but I am still reluctant to enable my Google account to be a Google+ account. And the fact that if I link Panoramio to Google+, I can't use my HikingMike account name anymore and I don't have a choice of using a separate icon image for Panoramio than for Google+. What if I want to have a hiking related icon in Panoramio but a more general icon in G+ (because my Panoramio account will be all hiking related photos for me)? I may have to consider using different Google accounts for this - one my HikingMike persona and another my regular self. But there is still the problem that I don't want to use my real name!

So this stuff about linking instead to a Google+ Page.... does that mean you don't link to a personal Google+ account at all (besides related by being Page admin)? That means you are still anonymous right because the Google+ Page is administered anonymously? What shows up for your Panoramio account name then? The Google+ Page name (and icon)?

The fact that all this is irreversible scares the crap out of me. What if I want to link to a Google+ Page later but I've linked to my Google+ Profile first? What if I decide to use a different Google account to keep things separated? Scary.

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:19:48 PM UTC-6, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce an option for you to gain more exposure for your photography and discover other great photographers by linking your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile.

You can read more about this in our blog post, and on this FAQ page.  Please note...
  • You need to be using the new Panoramio design.  If you're still using the classic design, consider switching by clicking on the "new design" invitation at the top of any Panoramio photo page.
  • You'll also need a Google+ account.  If you don't already have one, you can upgrade your Google account via the prompt at the top of most Panoramio pages.
Have questions or feedback about this option?  We welcome your posts in this thread :).
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Hiking Mike 11/15/13 11:43 AM
Oh well nevermind on some of that I just read this below so that removes most of my choice.

"If you are already logging into Panoramio with a Google account, then only that Google+ profile can be linked to your Panoramio account.

For instance, if you're using foo...@gmail.com to log into Panoramio, you can only connect your foobar@gmail Google+ profile to your Panoramio account.  At this time, you can't change the Google account you've connected to Panoramio, or change the connection from a standard Google account to a Google +Page account."

So since I'm logging into Panoramio with a Google account, I can not change that, and if I ever do Google+, that is the only Google+ I can link. All I can choose now is to use Google+ or not and if so link to Panoramio or not. Hmm

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 11/15/13 12:56 PM
HikingMike, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the new design (thanks!), and I do have to confirm your understanding of the current way the Panoramio <--> Google+ Profile connection tool works.  We definitely understand that many would like to connect a different account or page, and have explored these options, but aren't able to support connection changes at this time, sorry!
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Hiking Mike 11/15/13 3:36 PM
Thanks for the reply Adam!  Ok that's good to know. I imagine with the big push for Google+ that's just the way things are going. I'm glad to hear Panoramio has thought about allowing that kind of thing at least. I know something like that is often one of the tough problems that isn't high on the priority list.

Yes the new design is wonderful, and really pleasing but still pretty functional. I think I'm liking it better than flickr's new design a bit.
A couple things I noticed though (sorry off topic) -
1. This must be a bug. When going through my photos clicking the left arrow on the photo pages to get to the more recent ones - when I get to the last one, the right arrow is grayed out instead of the left arrow, and when I click the left arrow it goes to a "Not Found" page. Looks like a simple bug graying out the wrong arrow. Actually now that I try, the same thing happens on the other end of my photos - my first one.
2. I probably would prefer when clicking on photos in groups that they go to the photo page rather than the slideshow view, since I like to post comments. There's just way more you can do on the photo page. That might just be a preference thing, maybe you are wanting people to slideshow through group photos.

On Friday, November 15, 2013 2:56:39 PM UTC-6, Adam Lasnik wrote:
HikingMike, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the new design (thanks!), and I do have to confirm your understanding of the current way the Panoramio <--> Google+ Profile connection tool works.  We definitely understand that many would like to connect a different account or page, and have explored these options, but aren't able to support connection changes at this time, sorry!
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Pierre M. 11/21/13 10:38 AM
I agree with you Draken .

remind 1984..

Le mardi 12 novembre 2013 22:16:31 UTC+1, Draken a écrit :
Very sorry to hear that since it was precisely what I wanted to do. Besides, it would have been a fine way of keeping the privacy of all those of us who are using nicknames on Panoramio. We complied by linking our Panoramio accounts to Google+ accounts when we were asked to do it and finally we have no choice. Very unfair.

El martes, 12 de noviembre de 2013 18:08:52 UTC-3, Adam Lasnik escribió:
Correct.  For folks who've already linked a Google account to Panoramio, it's not possible to link a Google+ Page to the same Panoramio account.  We spent a lot of time exploring this possibility to enable switching, but in the end weren't able to implement it at this time, sorry :\.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile HAMANA 11/21/13 11:21 AM
The idea is wonderful, however, I now appear under several different names and don't know how to correct that. Also, why can the font size not be adjusted in Panoramio, so I can read the messages. The thumbnails are so small that I can no longer identify the photo without opening it.

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:19:48 PM UTC-5, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce an option for you to gain more exposure for your photography and discover other great photographers by linking your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile.

You can read more about this in our blog post, and on this FAQ page.  Please note...
  • You need to be using the new Panoramio design.  If you're still using the classic design, consider switching by clicking on the "new design" invitation at the top of any Panoramio photo page.
  • You'll also need a Google+ account.  If you don't already have one, you can upgrade your Google account via the prompt at the top of most Panoramio pages.
Have questions or feedback about this option?  We welcome your posts in this thread :).
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile AXOTA 11/23/13 5:10 AM
Is this the reason why I cant return to Classic?  If it is..it's a fail

On Tuesday, 12 November 2013 21:08:52 UTC, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Correct.  For folks who've already linked a Google account to Panoramio, it's not possible to link a Google+ Page to the same Panoramio account.  We spent a lot of time exploring this possibility to enable switching, but in the end weren't able to implement it at this time, sorry :\.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Daniela Brocca 11/23/13 7:25 AM
That's has nothing to do with the classic view.

http://www.panoramio.com/do/disable_acrylic_ui    here you have it for the time being.

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile me&mymac 11/23/13 7:55 AM
Daniela,

Thanks for that link.

I have a question: Is it me, or is it the new version? To view my photos on the map (Google Earth?), I can see them when I zoom in using the Classic view. However, I cannot see (all of) them when using the new Panoramio view. :-(

Can someone kindly explain why?

Thanks, Martin.

On Saturday, 23 November 2013 15:25:31 UTC, Daniela Brocca wrote:
That's has nothing to do with the classic view.

http://www.panoramio.com/do/disable_acrylic_ui    here you have it for the time being.

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile df3vi 11/23/13 8:41 AM
I assume you talk about the Google Maps embedded in Panoramio. Both classic and acrylic version are working fine for me (tested with my photos, and new photos).
There is no big difference, just the icons changed to the other side...

One thing went wrong in the acrylic version: The link to the GE-klm ("your photos in GE") is outside of the browser window, you just can see the GE globe on the right side.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile df3vi 11/23/13 8:45 AM
You can zoom the whole page (fonts and pictures) with CTRL and +/- keys, this should work on any browser.
Adjusting the font size (in IE) works on almost no web page at all in my experience.
(unknown) 11/23/13 9:35 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile AXOTA 11/23/13 12:16 PM
Thanks for that Daniela ;)  one of the wonders of modern technology

On Saturday, 23 November 2013 15:25:31 UTC, Daniela Brocca wrote:
That's has nothing to do with the classic view.

http://www.panoramio.com/do/disable_acrylic_ui    here you have it for the time being.

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Hamid Reza Malmir 11/27/13 11:38 AM
Hi Adam,
My Panoramio account is linked to a Google account. But I never use this Google account.
I want to disconnect current link and connect my Panoramio account to another Google account that is my primary Google+ account for share my photos on the web.
Is it possible?
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 11/27/13 12:02 PM
Hamid, unfortunately it's not possible to change this at the moment, but we've gotten feedback from many that this would be desired, so we'll consider it for future updates.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Draken 12/10/13 3:04 PM
Since linking Panoramio to a Google+ account seems to be irreversible, why don't we take the chance to build a strong Panoramio community on Google+?  Together we stand, divided we fall.

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile © Tom Cooper 12/11/13 6:29 AM
Draken,

Is that the Panoramio (unofficial) community I am currently owner of?  I can't use G+ at the office to check your link myself.

Tom

On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 5:04:09 PM UTC-6, Draken wrote:
Since linking Panoramio to a Google+ account seems to be irreversible, why don't we take the chance to build a strong Panoramio community on Google+?  Together we stand, divided we fall.

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Draken 12/11/13 6:36 AM
I don't know.

I imagine the one you are the owner of is the Unofficial Page.

I am following both,
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile hvbemmel 12/11/13 7:25 AM
well, there is always https://www.facebook.com/groups/panoramiogroup/ which seems to work rather nice? Oh sorry, cursing in the church? ;-)

Op woensdag 11 december 2013 15:36:40 UTC+1 schreef Draken:
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Draken 12/11/13 7:33 AM
Is it a new website?  ;–)
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile © Tom Cooper 12/11/13 9:49 AM
Farcebook?  What is this "Farcebook?"  <Sarcastic>Is this place where they collect all your information and share it with the US Government?  Because I am sure Google will never do such a thing.</Sarcastic>

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 9:25:49 AM UTC-6, hvbemmel wrote:
well, there is always https://www.facebook.com/groups/panoramiogroup/ which seems to work rather nice? Oh sorry, cursing in the church? ;-)
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Draken 12/11/13 10:24 AM
If they all do the same (and I think they do), why are there so many angry birds here? Why are some users comparing one company with another if they all do the same (collect all your information)?  If you don't like your information to be collected (and I don't) don't use the internet and start a revolution. Or canvass against it, storm the streets, fight for your rights, press your representatives, but please don't dream you are going to achieve a substantial change in this respect insulting moderators and Team members alike on Panoramio for heavens' sake!!!

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Luud Old 12/11/13 2:23 PM
Mod. edit. Draken
Unrelated issue. Stay on topic!!

Op woensdag 11 december 2013 19:24:10 UTC+1 schreef Draken:
If they all do the same (and I think they do), why are there so many angry birds here? Why are some users comparing one company with another if they all do the same (collect all your information)?  If you don't like your information to be collected (and I don't) don't use the internet and start a revolution. Or canvass against it, storm the streets, fight for your rights, press your representatives, but please don't dream you are going to achieve a substantial change in this respect insulting moderators and Team members alike on Panoramio for heavens' sake!!!

(unknown) 12/11/13 2:29 PM <This message has been deleted.>
(unknown) 12/11/13 2:53 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile HAMANA 12/11/13 4:31 PM
Switching wasn't bad, isn't bad, that I lost my username is! In GE my old user name shows on every photo, but I can't retrieve it or change my current name.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Roger Heath - No Views 12/11/13 9:49 PM
Anyone care to comment on this recent news item:
"The key is the PREF cookie from Google:

Google assigns a unique PREF cookie anytime someone's browser makes a connection to any of the company's Web properties or services. This can occur when consumers directly use Google services such as Search or Maps, or when they visit Web sites that contain embedded "widgets" for the company's social media platform Google Plus. That cookie contains a code that allows Google to uniquely track users to "personalize ads" and measure how they use other Google products."

Is this where Panoramio is going - users being tracked through their Google+ account, and that's why real names are required?

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Panamon-Creel 12/12/13 6:06 AM
Googles explanation of the cookies they use

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 11:49:23 PM UTC-6, Roger Heath wrote:
Anyone care to comment on this recent news item:
"The key is the PREF cookie from Google:

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Draken 12/12/13 6:50 AM
Panamon-Creel

Does anyone know whether  we –Panoramio users– are currently tracked through our Panoramio accounts and the IP addresses?

Interesting link: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en-GB
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Panamon-Creel 12/12/13 7:36 AM
Draken, do you mean the tracking via the NSA taps that is one of the local or central nodes? :)
Fun aside, there are ways to track someone without any cookies or real names in G+ accounts if someone has the means and desire to do so.
Incognito mode certainly doesn't mask your IP ;)

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Pierre M. 12/12/13 6:28 PM
Hello Draken : if you post photos of your travels, they don't need to use cookies to track you. XD . everybody know where you go. So it's a false problem.

Tracking began during cold war ; another example :remember W. Mark Felt (watergate) !

It is the peculiarity which I like in panoramio: people who belong to this community have notices, share them, quarrel, come to an agreement. The critical mind and the personality of each always exists! And it it is a big strength!

And it sees itself in photos: if we took 100 people of panoramio with the same camera and as we ask them to photograph a sunset, you will have 100 different photos. Why? My opinion is that the critical mind and the creativity of each did not die. Nobody is in the same mold.
It's Great !
Of what think of it you? Everybody
(sorry for my english , here 03:27 am...)

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile ScrollLocke 12/16/13 10:22 AM
Hi.

I have one gmail that manages many G+ Business Pages.
Those Business pages do not have their own login (no individual email addresses associated with each).
They are only accessible through the main management email.

So - I want to create a Panoramio account that is only associated with one of my many Business Pages.
I read in an earlier post that you can add a password to a Business Page - making it a "full" account.
But I do not have that option.  It doesn't appear in my settings per each page.

How do I connect one of my managed Business Pages with one Panoramio account?

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Mislav Damjanić 12/20/13 10:37 AM
Hi there,

I have a question!

I have connected my Panoramio account with Google + and I don`t want that! How can I undo this. I want my Panoramio account  to be under a different name than my Google. Can you help?

Kind regards,

sain...@gmail.com

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:19:48 PM UTC+1, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce an option for you to gain more exposure for your photography and discover other great photographers by linking your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile.

You can read more about this in our blog post, and on this FAQ page.  Please note...
  • You need to be using the new Panoramio design.  If you're still using the classic design, consider switching by clicking on the "new design" invitation at the top of any Panoramio photo page.
  • You'll also need a Google+ account.  If you don't already have one, you can upgrade your Google account via the prompt at the top of most Panoramio pages.
Have questions or feedback about this option?  We welcome your posts in this thread :).
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Tomas K☼h☼ut 12/20/13 3:31 PM

On Friday, December 20, 2013 7:37:50 PM UTC+1, Mislav Damjanić wrote:
Hi there,

I have a question!

I have connected my Panoramio account with Google + and I don`t want that! How can I undo this. I want my Panoramio account  to be under a different name than my Google. Can you help?

Kind regards,

Sorry to say... In the explanation of this feature "Learn more" is written: this G+ integration is irreversible. Sometimes is better to read before and think twice. :-(
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile The Man in the Maze™ 12/27/13 2:20 AM
I know that this sounds bad but Frankly speaking there are so many technical issues and problems that I no longer have time or feel I want to report them since I begun to experience so many problems when the New Panoramio was launched and despite my best efforts to report issues and try to respolve them I have experienced even more and more problems.  I do feel that a bit more testing should have been done behind the doors before making drastic changes. I hope that with time all the issues will be sorted out.

By the way I can no longer receive private messages or notifications (God only knows where they go!!!) so please don't bother to send them as I can't read them. I can only read messages if sent directly to email address directly or under my pictures in my gallery. By reading this post and the problems experienced by other members I feel very concerned by the idea of linking my Panoramio account to Google + profile -
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Hans Sterkendries 12/27/13 2:45 AM
I don't think linking the two causes problems. However, in my opinion the team has, untill this day, failed to show the benefits and the process cannot be reversed. So my suggestion would be: wait as long as possible!

Op vrijdag 27 december 2013 10:51:09 UTC+1 schreef The Man in the Maze™:
By reading this post and the problems experienced by other members I feel very concerned by the idea of linking my Panoramio account to Google + profile -
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile © Tom Cooper 12/27/13 6:22 AM
I have a tendency to try new things.  But Hans's philosophy is the one I've been using here.  Wait as long as possible.

Tom
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile aisavery 1/1/14 11:43 AM
I've been reading through this forum for some time now and understand that it might be a possibility in the future to be able to reverse our linking of accounts - ?  If so, I fully support this exploration, as I apparently (am still somewhat confused) have two panoramio accounts (one with hotmail email address, one with gmail address) and would like to change over to just the gmail accoutn.  Question for now:  I can log into panoramio using either a hotmail email address or a gmail address, so would I be able to delete my hotmail panoramio account - or will that delete me entirely off of panoramio?   Part of my confusion arises from the fact that when I log in through gmail and try to join a forum, I am told that I don't have permission to do so.  When I tried a second time, logging in through gmail and clicking on this forum, my account avatar changed automatically to my hotmail avatar (I use two different avatars so that I can tell which account I'm in) with my old user name!  I also have the same problems as many of those above, in that I click on connect accounts and I am led in circles and cannot combine accounts.  Overall - much confusion with switch to google+.

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:19:48 PM UTC-8, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce an option for you to gain more exposure for your photography and discover other great photographers by linking your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile.

You can read more about this in our blog post, and on this FAQ page.  Please note...
  • You need to be using the new Panoramio design.  If you're still using the classic design, consider switching by clicking on the "new design" invitation at the top of any Panoramio photo page.
  • You'll also need a Google+ account.  If you don't already have one, you can upgrade your Google account via the prompt at the top of most Panoramio pages.
Have questions or feedback about this option?  We welcome your posts in this thread :).
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Germaine Greer 1/5/14 11:23 AM
Does it mean that from now on we need to link our Panoramio account to Google+ account?  Beginning January1, 2014, i cannot upload any new pictures to my Panoramio account and cannot figure out why.  It seems that I still have plenty of space on my account but cannot upload any new pictures.

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:19:48 PM UTC-5, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce an option for you to gain more exposure for your photography and discover other great photographers by linking your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile.

You can read more about this in our blog post, and on this FAQ page.  Please note...
  • You need to be using the new Panoramio design.  If you're still using the classic design, consider switching by clicking on the "new design" invitation at the top of any Panoramio photo page.
  • You'll also need a Google+ account.  If you don't already have one, you can upgrade your Google account via the prompt at the top of most Panoramio pages.
Have questions or feedback about this option?  We welcome your posts in this thread :).
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Tomas K☼h☼ut 1/5/14 12:32 PM
No, link to G+ is optional at the moment.
I don't link my Panoramio profile and still can upload without problem.

What already might be mandatory is upgrade of Panoramio Account to Google Account (Google Account is not the synonym of G+), but you apparently have one - without Google Account, you would not be able to post here in the forum.

Did you try to upload from other device (PC), or disable browser plugins, to clean the browser cache, turn on Javascript, log out and login back?

On Sunday, January 5, 2014 8:23:27 PM UTC+1, Germaine Greer wrote:
Does it mean that from now on we need to link our Panoramio account to Google+ account?  Beginning January1, 2014, i cannot upload any new pictures to my Panoramio account and cannot figure out why.  It seems that I still have plenty of space on my account but cannot upload any new pictures.

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile motorhand 1/6/14 11:35 PM
If Google wants to have more Panoramio-User in this G+ then Panoramio should do some things:

repair option: make the field for name longer. Now the original user-name inside the brackets is cut off and not readable.

best option: let us keep our panoramio user-name, without G+ name.

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile zerega 1/7/14 3:53 AM
+1
Antonio Cristerna 1/15/14 2:12 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Ticino Turismo 1/30/14 6:01 AM
Hi,
has anything changed meanwhile? We use a google account (ticino...@gmail.comto log in to Panoramio (http://www.panoramio.com/user/4594400), and that account had a google + profile, Now we deleted that profile, so we only have a google + page (https://plus.google.com/+ticinoturismo ). We wish to link that page to our panoramio account: as far as I understand, that's not possible...right? Or is there a way? Thank you :-)

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:08:52 PM UTC+1, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Correct.  For folks who've already linked a Google account to Panoramio, it's not possible to link a Google+ Page to the same Panoramio account.  We spent a lot of time exploring this possibility to enable switching, but in the end weren't able to implement it at this time, sorry :\.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Tom Waugh 1/31/14 7:54 AM
I've also just come on here for the first time this year to add more pictures to my Panoramio account and can't find the link to do so.

I do have a G+ account but haven't linked it yet as I understand that it isn't mandatory. I'm using the latest version of Firefox and have JS activated, emptied cache etc-

Any ideas anyone?
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Daniela Brocca 1/31/14 8:00 AM
Use the camera above the page ;-)
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile davidcmc58 2/23/14 11:13 PM
If you love Panoramio at all, please DO NOT link your Pano accounts to G+ accounts. My feeling is that Google can and will shut down Panoramio when majority of Pano members' photos are converted into their G+ accounts. This G+ linking business is a trap. Don't do it!!
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Panamon-Creel 2/24/14 6:39 AM
Yeah and if you don't link with a G+ account guys in black suits and dark sunglasses come visit you and zap your brain.

Reality check! IF big G brother has on its future roadmap to let go of Panoramio or assimilate it into something else then it will do so with or without the majority of  Pano users having linked to an G+ account. I guess you haven't learned on how it works from when the optional Google account was introduced here at Panoramio?  ;)
Personally I don't have my G+ account linked and will wait until it is absolutely necessary with the remote possibility that they get some of their issues resolved by then but I definitely don't do it with the false believe that it could save Panoramio in the G verse if they might decide to phase it out.

On Monday, February 24, 2014 1:13:51 AM UTC-6, davidcmc58 wrote:
If you love Panoramio at all, please DO NOT link your Pano accounts to G+ accounts. My feeling is that Google can and will shut down Panoramio when majority of Pano members' photos are converted into their G+ accounts. This G+ linking business is a trap. Don't do it!!
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Lady GooGoo La La 2/24/14 6:44 AM
Too late!

On Monday, February 24, 2014 9:39:28 PM UTC+7, Panamon-Creel wrote:
Yeah and if you don't link with a G+ account guys in black suits and dark sunglasses come visit you and zap your brain.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Draken 2/24/14 6:47 AM
Panamon-Creel, with all due respect, aren't you under NDA?

What is next? Are you going to disclose the info regarding neuralyzers?

El lunes, 24 de febrero de 2014 11:39:28 UTC-3, Panamon-Creel escribió:
Yeah and if you don't link with a G+ account guys in black suits and dark sunglasses come visit you and zap your brain.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Panamon-Creel 2/24/14 6:50 AM
maybe the man in black already visited me and by mistake also zapped my memory of the NDA
:)

On Monday, February 24, 2014 8:47:11 AM UTC-6, Draken wrote:
Panamon-Creel, with all due respect, aren't you under NDA?

What is next? Are you going to disclose the info regarding neuralyzers?

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile © Tom Cooper 2/24/14 9:17 AM
"We neither confirm nor deny zapping any moderator's memory of their NDA, of neuralyzers, or of the real purpose of the Google satellites."
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile davidcmc58 2/24/14 9:37 AM
Too late? Maybe. I feel that Google still values our photos somewhat as they are used in GE, GM and API's. As long as the majority of the photos stay within Panoramio and Panoramio only, Google will be more hesitant about shutting this site down. While the eventual death of Panoramio seems imminent, we as loyal Pano members must unite and resist til the last photo upload. I am a Google fan and I use many Google products including G+.  Actually, I would  recommend everyone to join G+ because it is a great photo sharing tool for family/party type photos. However, Panoramio deserves to survive and stand on her own feet. Let's not sentence her to death by linking our Pano accounts to G+!

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Tomas K☼h☼ut 2/24/14 11:43 AM
David, if I understand  correctly... I was at the meeting of moderators with site developers, Panoramio admins and heads, end they've brought there these thoughts:

They said've they understand and appreciate uniqueness of Panoramio. They want to support Panoramio community.
They don't want to dissolve Panoramio within G+ photos.
So far so good. At least they've said it... (or I think they've said it).

Let's see, how these statements will be executed. In fact, we cannot do much more. Perhaps we can change a bit a road how some Google & Panoramio goals are achieved, but I guess, we are not asked to define their goals in this forum.

Statements above does not mean Panoramio admins have no intention for tighter integration of Google products & communities and sharing the parts of common features between products (like they did with forum engine, Google Account, comments in YouTube etc).
All we and I can do is to help them to understand better the community needs, to point out mistakes, bugs and wrong particular decisions and help them to make corrections.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile hvbemmel 2/24/14 9:39 PM
David has mentioned the possibility of Panoramio going the way of Picasaweb some times before.

I always answered that according to the info we have, which partly is under NDA, Google wants to keep a geo-based, community-based photo site that is not a part of Google+ in the long term. This is the reason Panoramio became part of the Geo team. I can not force anybody to believe this info.

BTW this is independent of the way I feel about the mess Panoramio still is in. I trust this will be solved eventually, but it takes way too long.

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Hans Sterkendries 2/25/14 1:25 AM
I just wanted to contribute because I don't want it to to look like David is alone with his concerns.

I don't doubt the good intentions of the people in charge of Panoramio but like most users I don't have access to the confidential information and therefore I see things that raise my concerns.

I've added a few Panoramio users to my G+ account and now my wall is overflown by the pictures that I used to look at on Panoramio, people insist on "sharing" those pictures so I get extra notifications about them and I get invited to groups like "The Best of my country" every f*cking day. So I can't help but wonder how easy it would be to pull the plug on Panoramio if more and more people start using Google+ as another Panoramio...

And the fact that it's taking ages to clean up the mess this site has become is not helping to re-assure...

On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:39:41 AM UTC+1, hvbemmel wrote:
I can not force anybody to believe this info.

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Panamon-Creel 2/25/14 6:42 AM
Hans, if the way of sharing photos on G+ appeals to people then they will go there no matter if someone calls for a "G+ boycott" or not.
The danger doesn't come from G+,  instead it comes from Panoramio itself losing its appeal to existing as well as to new users therefore them going for other available options. The best thing an individual can do here is to forward their concerns via the Panoramio Feedback and also encourage other users to do so as well.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Peter van Lom 2/26/14 1:25 AM
Hi Hans,
Sharing is just a word. I try out a g+ account. An account not combined with PA. There I sometimes 'share' a link to a picture on PA or 500px. The intention is of course to draw potential viewers to my pictures on those sites. A minority of g+ users seem to 'share' all their pictures one at a time. Those users are quite irritating, I have to agree with you there. Otherwise albums are shared.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile JeffSullivanPhotography 4/22/14 3:13 PM
OK, I've linked the two accounts, but I don't see any obvious changes relative to exposure for images or discovery of other photographers.  Am I missing some detail?

One thing which could be interesting would be if Panoramio views counted towards the new Google+ "Views" count, as that could encourage Google+ users to participate on Panoramio and vice-versa.  Is that currently being done, or will it come in the future?

With additional metadata such as tags and locations Panoramio offers some interesting application opportunities not open to Google+ content at the moment, so I'd definitely like to see it stick around and perhaps gain some functionality.

Jeff

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:19:48 PM UTC-8, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce an option for you to gain more exposure for your photography and discover other great photographers by linking your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile.

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Paul J Battaiola 11/10/14 10:35 AM
Hi  Some how I wound up with two panaramio acts., one under Paul Battaiola uid 223961 Paul J Battaiola uid 79030325  how, what do I need to do to combine these into one account.. both accounts ask me if I want to "Create a Google Plus" account.. appreciate any help, please email me at annwa...@yahoo.com

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:19:48 PM UTC-7, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce an option for you to gain more exposure for your photography and discover other great photographers by linking your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile.

You can read more about this in our blog post, and on this FAQ page.  Please note...
  • You need to be using the new Panoramio design.  If you're still using the classic design, consider switching by clicking on the "new design" invitation at the top of any Panoramio photo page.
  • You'll also need a Google+ account.  If you don't already have one, you can upgrade your Google account via the prompt at the top of most Panoramio pages.
Have questions or feedback about this option?  We welcome your posts in this thread :).
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile hvbemmel 11/10/14 9:10 PM
This is already covered in the thread you opened. This thread is about attaching your account to Google plus
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Bluescape 3/10/15 2:10 PM
Hi there,

I found this page a moment ago because I'm looking for a way to unlink Panoramio from Google+. Is there a way to do it?

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:19:48 PM UTC+1, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce an option for you to gain more exposure for your photography and discover other great photographers by linking your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile.

You can read more about this in our blog post, and on this FAQ page.  Please note...
  • You need to be using the new Panoramio design.  If you're still using the classic design, consider switching by clicking on the "new design" invitation at the top of any Panoramio photo page.
  • You'll also need a Google+ account.  If you don't already have one, you can upgrade your Google account via the prompt at the top of most Panoramio pages.
Have questions or feedback about this option?  We welcome your posts in this thread :).
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Draken 3/10/15 2:20 PM
I don't think so.

El martes, 10 de marzo de 2015, 18:10:28 (UTC-3), Bluescape escribió:
Hi there,

I found this page a moment ago because I'm looking for a way to unlink Panoramio from Google+. Is there a way to do it?

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Tomas K☼h☼ut 3/10/15 2:21 PM

On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 10:10:28 PM UTC+1, Bluescape wrote:
Hi there,

I found this page a moment ago because I'm looking for a way to unlink Panoramio from Google+. Is there a way to do it?

No. See the link to FAQ in the opening post:

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:19:48 PM UTC+1, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce an option for you to gain more exposure for your photography and discover other great photographers by linking your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile.

You can read more about this in our blog post, and on this FAQ page.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Rovi 5/27/15 4:41 AM
Hi there!

What is the difference between Google account and +Page? I just clicked on button in Panoramio to link with google account and it offered me my gmail address I think. I clicked on it and it said "Connecting......." but never ended. I tried twice.
Sorry but I am not good in Google things. I did linking but not sure that it went ok.

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:37:04 PM UTC+1, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Yes, but only that's the first Google account linked to the Panoramio account.

Here are the steps:
1) Create a Google account if that hasn't been done already.
2) Upgrade to Google+ (again, if not already done)
3) Create a +Page (e.g., "Draken's Photo Emporium, Inc.")
4) In the Google+ settings, add a password to this +Page, essentially making it its own full Google account.
5) Sign in to that new Google+ Page account.
6) Visit Panoramio.com and then follow the prompt to connect that (+Page) profile to Panoramio.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile df3vi 5/30/15 2:56 AM
There are two things different when you link your account with G+:
- Your Panoramio name gets replaced by our G+ name
- There is (only visible for others" a Button to follow you on G+
Both happened on your page, so it is linked to G+
There are no further benefits from linking....
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile connectionfailure 1/22/17 4:59 PM
I just got this and ended up here. A post that's at least three years old and it's still not fixed. Clearly I'm in the minority here. Maybe my UID is too low? :D
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile hvbemmel 1/23/17 9:14 AM
Panoramio is closed, so we, all volunteers, only sparsly look in to this forum.
You can go to your Panoramio page, click the cogwheel right top next to your avatar and click settings
There you can link Panoramio to your G+ profile

On Monday, 23 January 2017 01:59:32 UTC+1, connectionfailure wrote:
I just got this and ended up here. A post that's at least three years old and it's still not fixed. Clearly I'm in the minority here. Maybe my UID is too low? :D
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Laura 1/30/18 11:42 AM
I have no idea where are my photos from panoramic. I linked my panoramio account, but I have nothing in my archive, where should I search for my panoramic photos
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Pierre M. 1/30/18 11:56 AM
Same here.... All photos lost ???
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Der alte Schwede 1/31/18 4:41 AM

Den tisdag 12 november 2013 kl. 21:19:48 UTC+1 skrev Adam Lasnik:
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce an option for you to gain more exposure for your photography and discover other great photographers by linking your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile.

You can read more about this in our blog post, and on this FAQ page.  Please note...
  • You need to be using the new Panoramio design.  If you're still using the classic design, consider switching by clicking on the "new design" invitation at the top of any Panoramio photo page.
  • You'll also need a Google+ account.  If you don't already have one, you can upgrade your Google account via the prompt at the top of most Panoramio pages.
Have questions or feedback about this option?  We welcome your posts in this thread :).
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Der alte Schwede 1/31/18 4:44 AM
Hello everyone, i have done exactly after instructions and most pictures were transfered to google plus. Today i hav recognized that google has deleted all of my pictures. Cam anyone explain why?
Regarde Tomas
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile df3vi 1/31/18 11:23 AM
Adam Lasnik went away from Panoramio long ago and has no resposibility at all.

However it seems there never ever has been anyone to take responsibility since at all, as Evan Rataport was a total failure, and then google refused to communicate with their users completely.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 1/31/18 11:47 AM
Believe me, I have lots of responsibilities nowadays :p ... but sadly none of them involve the Panoramio Community (or any other photo communities) and I miss y'all.

Do know that I've escalated this situation to the appropriate colleagues, and they've updated the Panoramio homepage to note this (emphasis mine):

What happened to my Panoramio data?

If your Panoramio profile was linked with your Google account, then all your Panoramio photos are being copied to your Google Album Archive at full resolution (this could take a few weeks). All other data has been permanently deleted.

So please be patient... and sorry for the confusion!
Re: [Panoramio Support] Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Pierre M. 1/31/18 11:48 AM
Thks a lot Adam!

Pierre

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Daniela Brocca 1/31/18 12:22 PM
Many thanks for the help , Adam. We all miss Panoramio and  the others friends . And the moderators meetings.

Best greetings, Daniela

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 2/1/18 11:03 AM
Pierre, Daniela, very welcome!
Re: [Panoramio Support] Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Pierre M. 2/1/18 11:09 AM
Adam
I am very happy to have spoken to you again. time flies quickly since you left Panoramio .. maybe we will discuss again in a new " Alphabet/Google adventure"
Bye
Pierre

Le 1 févr. 2018 20:03, "Adam Lasnik via Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)" <panoramio-questions-support+APn2wQde6uRGCBgOTZb7vfcHrN8ImePB67u_@googlegroups.com> a écrit :
Pierre, Daniela, very welcome!

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Tomas K☼h☼ut 2/2/18 1:30 PM
Thank you Adam for update and "poke".
At least Panoramio "crash-landing page" has been updated, so now there is less chance for confusion.
Also some update about the roadmap of putting Panoramio photos on maps again (Google Earth .exe, web & mobile app, Google Maps) would be fine. Becuase e.g. after short period of their presence on GE .exe they disappeared again.

I really don't appreciate this no-communication from team burying Panoramio and thank you for your "private" input again.
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Baycrest 2/4/18 2:29 AM
Thanks Adam for the update!
Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile df3vi 2/9/18 8:41 AM
Hello Adam.

Nice to read from you again :-)

Sorry if that could be misinterpreted, but I meant that you are not responsible for anything that happened to Panoramio.

Being patient is not so easy anymore when you have already been waiting fifteen months, and it was promised that the transition would take place before the final closure of Panoramio.
So more than fifteen months have passed by since the Panoramio page was crippled instead of being frozen, all data except for photos had been destroyed for no good reason and could not be saved - so the only thing to be done was copying some photos, and still Google has not yet managed to do this transfer in such a long time? Looks like they just started...

Regards, Patrick
Re: [Panoramio Support] Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 2/9/18 1:30 PM
Patrick, to clarify... I moved to a different team at Google years ago, so I have not had any say or control over what happens with Geo imagery for quite some time.  But of course I should (and do) share in responsibility for what happened with Panoramio during the time I was on the project.

I'll continue to poke and encourage Googlers working on Geo imagery, but broadly I do have faith that -- despite the delays -- the amazing photos you and others captured will be fully transferred as promised.

Regards,
Adam

Re: [Panoramio Support] Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Tomas K☼h☼ut 2/14/18 4:59 AM
Hi Adam, kudos for your effort in Panoramio (however, I suspect you were set on the track in the moment when Panoramio was already sentenced to death by higher management).

It would be nice of you to keep on poking responsible team members (especially the manager responsible for the photo migration?) to communicate with former Panoramio users.
Updated brief info on Panoramio page is more clear now, but there are still some FAQs waiting to be answered and pending bugs and mysteries about the road map and development to be communicated:

Google Maps -> Your Contribution -> Photos
Any improvements pending? In fact, this probably was intended as replacement of former public Panoramio photo gallery. But it is unusable.
- Displayed photos cannot be shared (share link leads to a black page)
- So as click to photo makes "fly to" map, but instead of full size photo black page appears
- "Endless" scrolling in the longer list of contributions makes no sense (try to reach the middle or the end of my gallery with ~5000 photos... try to find specific photo here... no chance!
- With respect to the previous issue, displaying photo "pins" on the map is a nice feature, but not effective (all pins are not displayed unless you reach the end of the gallery of your contributions). At least it would be useful to display all pins immediately and allow to roll up to specific gallery section on click on particular pin. We like to be able to find photos of author on the map and vice versa to see the photos of author from specific map location within gallery.
- No viewcounts displayed for Panoramio photos

Photos on Google Maps, Google Earth .exe, mobile and Chrome web client:
- When we will see our photos there again
- Any changes in photo selection criteria
- How you will manage the "popularity" (visibility) of the photos there
- Attribution of photos - easy chance to contact an author of the photo and communicate about the photo;
- Chance to provide more info about the photo (I wonder why all the comments and the descriptions... and even the titles were removed for map display and only "snap to" (POI) reference was maintained!)
- How to place on map new scenic photos in locations, where no POI to be assigned is nearby

Transfer to Albums Archive:
- When?
- How it will be organised?
  (one large album? Albums for every single day, or week or month? Or some smart use of former tags? Album migration controlled by user?)
- How photos in Album Archive and Maps will be connected? Does it mean deletion of the photo in Maps removes it also from Archive and vice versa?

Just a few thoughts that crossed my mind.
I guess other users can bring some more.
Is it really so hard to disclose the road map of future development and prepare maybe one page of extended info (obvious FAQs)?

Cheers, Tom

Dne pátek 9. února 2018 22:30:27 UTC+1 Adam Lasnik napsal(a):
Patrick, to clarify... I moved to a different team at Google years ago, so I have not had any say or control over what happens with Geo imagery for quite some time.  But of course I should (and do) share in responsibility for what happened with Panoramio during the time I was on the project.

I'll continue to poke and encourage Googlers working on Geo imagery, but broadly I do have faith that -- despite the delays -- the amazing photos you and others captured will be fully transferred as promised.

Regards,
Adam
Re: [Panoramio Support] Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Pierre M. 2/14/18 9:11 AM
Hello Thomas !
Happy to "see" you again !
Have you tried this ?

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/

Pierre

Re: [Panoramio Support] Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Tomas K☼h☼ut 2/15/18 7:54 AM
Hi Pierre, I am and I was always here. ;-)
Yes, I know Local Guides program and forum (I become the member), but... I am not attracted to it as I was to Panoramio,
so I am not much active there.
Information in LG forums are too much scattered and well - I do not know, if my questions about GM, GE etc. are answered there.

Dne středa 14. února 2018 18:11:14 UTC+1 Pierre M. napsal(a):
Re: [Panoramio Support] Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Pierre M. 2/15/18 8:56 AM
Hello Thomas
Like me. And I agree with you
Pierre

Re: [Panoramio Support] Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Hiking Mike 3/22/18 2:03 PM
Hi Adam,

Great to hear from you here. And I'm sorry I missed this post earlier.

But I had one question, maybe you know the answer. The migration of photos depended on the linking of the Panoramio account to a Google account... but I think I remember reading that it must be a Google+ enabled Google account. Is that correct? And if so, why that requirement?

Is it purely a reason related to data? Google prefers Google accounts to have Google+ details as well, so they make this a requirement? Or is it some kind of legal reasoning, something to do with terms and conditions or similar related to sharing photos?

Thanks for any help.
Re: [Panoramio Support] Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Adam Lasnik 3/23/18 2:35 PM
Tom, sorry for not catching your questions earlier; lots of good ones, and I don't know the answers at this time. I'll see what I can do to get some additional insights and encourage the new team to flesh out the FAQ a bit.

Mike, it's emphatically based on a mix of infrastructure and permissions issues.  And if a user decided not to connect a G+ enabled account, they can still have their photos go to an Album Archive instead of to Maps.

Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Giuseppe D'Ambrosio 3/30/18 1:41 AM
My name is Giuseppe, I have inserted in panoramio photos of places never photographed by anyone, like some lakes of Bolivia (san fernado, pinky ... created by me in maps maker). I have mapped with accuracy almost 1650 photos from all over the world, I have connected my account panoramio with google. Result: photos disappeared from maps and earth. on google archive appear some photos, choices I do not know with which criterion. I am very disappointed that I have been detecting working hours.

On Tuesday, 12 November 2013 21:19:48 UTC+1, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce an option for you to gain more exposure for your photography and discover other great photographers by linking your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile.

You can read more about this in our blog post, and on this FAQ page.  Please note...
  • You need to be using the new Panoramio design.  If you're still using the classic design, consider switching by clicking on the "new design" invitation at the top of any Panoramio photo page.
  • You'll also need a Google+ account.  If you don't already have one, you can upgrade your Google account via the prompt at the top of most Panoramio pages.
Have questions or feedback about this option?  We welcome your posts in this thread :).
Re: [Panoramio Support] Re: Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile Tomas K☼h☼ut 4/1/18 8:06 AM
Hi Adam,
OK, let's see.
One positive note: it's now clear that the transfer of photos to Google Archive has began (some users including me have their first Panoramio photos backup-ed at Google Archive, Google Photos and also reappeared on Google Maps, Earth (exe, web and mobile app).

Sorry for bitching again, but the way how it's implemented is... bad.

Album Archive
I was "hit" by two transfers, (on 7th and 14th March). About 300 and 70 photos of ~5 000 were transferred in first and second round.
OK. With this speed it will take not weeks, but months to transfer all Panoramio photos.

What makes me wonder is that way how are photos organized in Album Archive...
One album was created for every single photo, and the name of this album is based on the date of the transfer. So now I have about 300 albums named 2018-03-07 and 70 albums named 2018-03-14, each with a single photo. And it includes subset (only) of my photos taken during fall 2012 and summer 2013 and some also from summer 2015. So the album title is absolutely irrelevant. And more photos taken at the same period of time will be probably placed in new albums... all will be pretty mess, mixed in time (internally and with new photos added via Google Photos).
"Minor" issue is that the thumbnails of panoramatic photos are cropped and upscaled.
Next issue will be endless scrolling in Album archive... having main page populated with ~5000 photos will be frustrated for user trying to reach the end (and load on your servers).
Photos have no relevant EXIF and Panoramio information attached (no shooting date, no location) - only Panoramio title, camera model and exposure parameters are maintained correctly.

Google Photos gallery
Well, it's better here. ;-)
Transferred photos are snapped onto timeline with respect of their date of creation, so it's how it should be done.
I also received one valid suggestion from "assistant" to group the subset of transferred photos into one album (yeah, nice attempt how to help us to organize photos!) - but it was really trivial suggestion (all photos in this taken in one day and one place). Trouble is - not all photos from this session are transferred yet, so I suspect there will be more suggestions like this, breaking the photo session into more albums. :(
Again, I wonder about endless scrolling in Google Photos... At least I can jump quickly to the end or hover scrollbar along proportional timeline, but it seems to me - all thumbnails from the beginning to the current position must be fetched (redundant load on servers).

Google Earth web and mobile version
First transferred photos appeared here. But not all of them (which were formerly visible on Panoramio). OK, internal changes in selection criteria...
Longer titles of photos are cropped and there is no user friendly way how to read them (well, not everybody is aware that it is possible to right click elements on web page and "inspect" them).
Photos are "grouped" in one circle on map and there is no way how to explore real location of displayed photo.
Link from user name opens useless endless pane of User XY contribution - Photos on map (beginning of the endless pane, not scrolled onto selected photo)

Google Earth .exe version
Applies same as above + photo circles are limited to keep and display one photo thumbnail (middle size) only. So there is much less photos...
And there is no way how to open photo in full screen view.

Google Maps
My Contribution - photos thumbnails (photos from Panoramio) - when I click the thumbnail, it performs "fly by" to location on map, but only black screen instead of photo appears. Opening the same photo from Explore "runway" in the bottom of map does work well.
Implementation of "My contribution - Photos" is very poor and useless replacement of Panoramio gallery and Panoramio map with photos from reasons mentioned above.

I just wonder who did the design of this implementation. Or brought the upgrade to new infrastructure such design limitations? Anyway... it's surprising (in negative meaning).

Dne pátek 23. března 2018 22:35:52 UTC+1 Adam Lasnik napsal(a):
Tom, sorry for not catching your questions earlier; lots of good ones, and I don't know the answers at this time. I'll see what I can do to get some additional insights and encourage the new team to flesh out the FAQ a bit.

More topics »