Inactive/Active project audits

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
Inactive/Active project audits Samantha Groves 4/15/14 3:27 PM

Guys, I need to know if one of you is taking this on, and what you need from me/foundation to make it happen. Let me know. I will start in June, but if you want to pick this ops project up then please do let me know so we can give you what you need.

1. Inactive/Active project audits: This is similar to what I did last year for us. This is the first time it has ever been done at OWASP, and I was able to eliminate quite a few projects in this way. I believe this is what you are wanting to do Johanna, so let me share the spreadsheet of my my previous work:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllOCxlYdf1AdEdCYVJpdmZHaWJYZ055WHROa19qN3c&usp=sharing

You guys are actually already shared into this file so you should already have this information. My goal was to have 2 audits a year. It should be more, but the only one doing them was me, and I already have far too many responsibilities to do them efficiently so please have at it. If you can improve this, EVEN BETTER! I spoke to every single leader directly for this information, and I suggest you do the same, which is what I think you were already doing. Additionally, I gave the Leaders, 1 week to respond. If they did not, then they were marked Inactive. Please put the information you gather in a spreadsheet so we can update the status on our master list:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllOCxlYdf1AdGU4MlNpOWZsLWM2YXhpQzZLbnpndkE&usp=sharing

This is where I collect all of our project metrics/data. I am sharing so you know what is the currently available project data, and why it would be helpful to have this organized in spreadsheet mode. The next audit was scheduled to begin in June 2014, but I see no reason in waiting if you are willing to do it. :-)

Re: Inactive/Active project audits Dinis Cruz 4/15/14 4:55 PM

Just to set expectations, I have limited time to help with this over the next couple weeks

Re: Inactive/Active project audits Johanna Curiel 4/16/14 6:14 AM
Give me until next week to do a clean up of inactive projects, those who have not responded to your email and have no release

I'll provide a small report of the cleaning action.
Re: Inactive/Active project audits Dinis Cruz 4/16/14 6:17 AM

So Johanna, do you fell empowered ?

:)

Re: Inactive/Active project audits Johanna Curiel 4/16/14 6:27 AM
yes I do. Important is to report all actions too.

Yes I think we are moving fwd :)
Re: Inactive/Active project audits Samantha Groves 4/16/14 8:26 AM
Perfect! I am happy to hear that. :-) There is more coming your way today, then.. ;-)
--

Samantha Groves, MBA

OWASP Projects Manager

The OWASP Foundation

Phoenix, USA

Email: samanth...@owasp.org

Skype: samanthahz

OWASP Global Projects

Book a Meeting with Me

OWASP Contact US Form

New Project Application Form

Re: Inactive/Active project audits Samantha Groves 4/16/14 8:27 AM
I think the google groups are a good way of doing this for the task force.
--

Samantha Groves, MBA

OWASP Projects Manager

The OWASP Foundation

Phoenix, USA

Email: samanth...@owasp.org

Skype: samanthahz

OWASP Global Projects

Book a Meeting with Me

OWASP Contact US Form

New Project Application Form

Re: Inactive/Active project audits Samantha Groves 4/16/14 8:28 AM
It is totally ok. You have worked your butt off so come back to us when you can. :-)