Submissions for Open Source Showcase and Summit happening at AppSec EU

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
Submissions for Open Source Showcase and Summit happening at AppSec EU Samantha Groves 4/15/14 3:31 PM

This one is a little easier. I need volunteer engagement on these two activities.

3. Need submissions for Open Source Showcase and Summit happening at AppSec EU.

- Summit Pagehttps://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Project_Summit_2014/Home

- OSS submission form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IKKpfDL66bnzXbCglyLx1wXA4OdPmVZUUsRg1NgsYhk/viewform

OSS is suffering this year. I am not sure why, but we have only received 2 submissions. We can’t let Adrian and team down. We need to get more people submitting to participate. Can you either submit yourself or spread the word? Thank you.

The summit is suffering with lack of submissions as well. I need more summit sessions as I currently only have 2 sessions listed, and possibly a third. Let me know if you would like to lead a session and/or please spread the word and drum up support for this. We want to make this mini summit better than the one at AppSec USA. https://www.owasp.org/images/c/c3/OWASP_2013_PROJECT_SUMMIT_REPORT.pdf

Re: Submissions for Open Source Showcase and Summit happening at AppSec EU Samantha Groves 4/15/14 3:34 PM
Basic information I need for the summit sessions are the following:

1. Session Name,
2. Length of Session,
3. Day you would like your session to take place,
4. Session Description,
5. Four session outcomes you would like accomplished,
5. name and contact information of session leader and any session assistants you will have,
6. who will be covering your participation/attendance at the summit
Re: Submissions for Open Source Showcase and Summit happening at AppSec EU Samantha Groves 5/2/14 12:48 PM
We now have enough submissions to the Opens Source Showcase. Thank you, Team. :-)

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:31:36 PM UTC-7, Samantha Groves wrote:
Re: Submissions for Open Source Showcase and Summit happening at AppSec EU Samantha Groves 5/2/14 12:49 PM
I still need more summit sessions. Please see the current ones here: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Project_Summit_2014/Home#tab=Tracks_and_Sessions

Pitch in where you can to make them better. You have all been a part of summits before so you know what to do. ;-)

Samantha
Re: Submissions for Open Source Showcase and Summit happening at AppSec EU Johanna Curiel 5/6/14 6:22 AM
I updated the summit with 3 projects I'll be presenting and talking
So now we are almost full ;-)

NinjaPingU
OWASP PCI Toolkit
OWASP PHPSEC + WebGoat Framework
Google Summer of Code

Re: Submissions for Open Source Showcase and Summit happening at AppSec EU Johanna Curiel 5/6/14 11:23 AM
NinjaPingU==> The main goal is to demo this relative brand new OWASP tool to the public and let the public feedback to us their experience.
They can also vote through Ohloh and rate the tool

OWASP PCI Toolkit==> Main Goal is to let the public understand what are PCI_DSS requirements and how important these are for the Credit Card companies. Show how the PCI-DSS scoping process can be much better understood using this tool  . SHow to  the public how important many OWASP guidelines are to the scoping process and to maintaining PCI-DSS compliance.
They can also vote through Ohloh and rate the tool

OWASP PHPSEC + WebGoat Framework==> These are two of the participating Google of Sumnmer of Code projects. This is a unique project that will help many PHP developers program a secure application. The WebGoatPHP is also a brand new project and we will show to the public how to test an insecure PHP website (WebGoatPHP) and how to use PHPSEC framework to patch important security vulnerabilities.
They can also vote through Ohloh and rate the tool

OWASP and the Google Summer of Code==> Show how much work OWASP has done as part of the Gsoc program in 2012, 2013, 1024, the actual projects and how the students can apply  to become part of the next Gsoc 2015.I'm a mentor and want to let the students and the public know how they can become part of it through OWASP.

Main outcomes for all sessions
  • Result of the session will be set on wiki for the project leaders to consider for their next release or improvements for the project
  • Promote incubator projects with potential
  • Get more students to participate as contributors and keep them motivated to participate in the next Gsoc 2015
Abbas, Guifre & Shivam, please feel free to comment

regards

Johanna

Re: Submissions for Open Source Showcase and Summit happening at AppSec EU Samantha Groves 5/21/14 10:39 AM
Awesome. Thank you Johanna