Problem with Spanish Yahoo Group Mailing List

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Problem with Spanish Yahoo Group Mailing List Paul Bartlett 4/9/12 5:03 PM
O 11.62 1347 / Win XP Pro SP3

I subscribe to about a dozen mailing lists hosted at Yahoo Groups. I have
an issue with only one of them, which actually seems to be hosted at Yahoo
Groups Spain, or something like that. I honestly am not sure. Most of the
postings from these groups are no issue. If I read a post in one of them
and then go on to another post, the first post is still there in a "read"
status, i.e., when I re-open the list, any posts I have already looked at
are still there but not bold face, indicating that I have already read
them but not deleted them.

However, one single newsgroup is different: posta...@yahoogroups.com .
If I receive a post from this group, once I go on to another post or
another mailing list, the original post is still there in bold face as if
I had not read it. But if I manually mark it as Read, it immediately
disappears from the view for that mailing list, unlike all other posts in
all other Yahoo Groups mailing lists I subscribe to. Nevertheless, it is
still accessible from the Received view. Again, this one single list seems
to be Yahoo Spain, although the discussion language itself as such is not
Spanish. (The group is about international auxiliary and/or other
artificial language, in which so-called "natural" languages, including
Spanish and English, are actually forbidden.) At the bottom of each post
are common lines in Spanish inserted by the server, including the
following:

| Enlaces a Yahoo! Grupos
|
| <*> Para visitar tu grupo en la web, ve a:

If someone, say, puts a file in the common files area of the group/list, I
have to login to Spanish Yahoo in order to reach it. My point is that only
this one Yahoo group / mailing list of all those I read through Opera
seems to "disappear" from the mailing list view when I mark it as read,
and it is the only one I subscribe to from "Spanish Yahoo" rather than
"regular Yahoo" (I don't know of any other way to describe them.) When I
look at all the message headers, I cannot see any meaningful difference in
the two groups of messages, and I cannot find any Opera settings that
would make posts persist in all the other Yahoo groups but not in the
"Spanish" Yahoo group. I am baffled. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

--
Paul Bartlett
> have an issue with only one of them, which actually seems to be hosted
> at Yahoo Groups Spain, or something like that. I honestly am not sure.
> [most of the rest of the post omitted fro brevity]

Playing around some more after I just made that last post, I have noticed
something. For all other Yahoo Groups I subscribe to listed in the part of
the panel indicated as "Newsgroups at <server name>," the one single group
I just posted about has an anomaly: when I right click on every other
Yahoo group / list and look at Properties, in the General tab the Name
field is completely blank. However, when I do the same for the group in
question, the Name field has a small icon in the field, although there is
no text. I am unable to clear the icon. I am wondering if somehow that
could be significant? Thanks.

--
Paul Bartlett