MiXiM- Makefile error

Showing 21-45 of 45 messages
MiXiM- Makefile error Rajesh Reddy 4/5/12 1:38 AM
Hi,

I am using Omnetpp-4.2.2 and MiXiM 2.2.1. During the initial installation of MiXiM everything went fine, i was able to work on some examples and execute them without error. Th problem starts when i close omnetpp and restart it. If i try to run any examples, they run fine but Makefile of mixim has the following error

Description Resource Path Location Type
make: *** Config file '' does not exist -- add the OMNeT++ bin directory to the path so that opp_configfilepath can be found, or set the OMNETPP_CONFIGFILE variable to point to Makefile.inc.  Stop. Makefile /MiXiM line 37 C/C++ Problem

to get rid of this error i was uninstalling MiXiM and i run this sudo ldconfig command in the terminal(after cd omnetpp) and again install MiXiM . Doing this everytime seems ridiculous.

Could anyone please provide me permanent solution to this problem.

Thanks a lot,

Regards
Rajesh
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error Michael 4/5/12 5:07 AM
As you can see on the error message:

You do not start the OMNeT++ IDE with the OMNeT++ environment settings. The settings are set in the shell where you typed "./configure" and "make" to build OMNeT++.

I (and others) answered multiple times on the same error issue..
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error Rajesh Reddy 4/5/12 6:15 AM
Dear Mr.Michael,

I am sorry but i do not understand your explanation. I am a beginner in both linux and Omnetpp.

fyi - whenever i start omnetpp, i open the terminal enter the omnetpp-4.2.2 directory and i give the command omnetpp.

During installation omnetpp-4.2.2 directory is where i have given the ./configur and make commands to buils omnet++.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error Rudolf Hornig 4/5/12 6:23 AM
Before starting the IDE you must set the path correctly to contain omnetpp-4.2.2/bin

this can be done by entering

omnetpp-4.2.2 $ . setenv

Rudolf
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error raju 10/8/12 5:48 AM
if i type . setnev i got the path  like /home/raju/omnetppinstall/omnetpp-4.2.2

then what i have to do

pls pls give detail description so that it will help to all

every one has same problem...........
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error Rudolf Hornig 10/8/12 7:35 AM

On Monday, October 8, 2012 2:48:30 PM UTC+2, raju wrote:
if i type . setnev i got the path  like /home/raju/omnetppinstall/omnetpp-4.2.2

then what i have to do

I assume you have installed OMNeT++ correctly and tested if it's working by running an example from the samples folder?

if not -> read the installation guide.

Once your examples are running, you may continue with other frameworks (but not before)
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error raju 10/9/12 11:19 PM
sir my all examples are running perfectly no error in omnetpp .but when i am running mixim examples 2 examples are not running at all and others are running but the error

Description Resource Path Location Type
make: *** Config file '' does not exist -- add the OMNeT++ bin directory to the path so that opp_configfilepath can be found, or set the OMNETPP_CONFIGFILE variable to point to Makefile.inc.  Stop. Makefile /MiXiM line 37 C/C++ Problem

is present from the starting when i was building project..
sir pls give the exact solution  other wise i have to stop using omnetpp and mixim..
i have alredy spent 20 days on it
waiting for ur replay..
thank u sir
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error raju 10/9/12 11:24 PM
dear Mr.Michael when u are giving some solution pls try to give it clearly so that it will be help full .so pls give some clear solution..I THINK THERE IS PROBLEM IN MIXIM-2.2.1 VERSION THEREFORE SAME ERROR IS COMING FOR ALL ...
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error Michael 10/10/12 1:40 AM
What is your operating system? From where did you call the make command (IDE, command line)?
The error message says: the OMNETPP_CONFIGFILE environment variable is not set, which means that the environment of OMNet++ is not specified and the makefile can not use the tools from OMNeT++.

Please give more details then the simple error message, otherwise nobody can help you!
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error raju 10/10/12 4:30 AM
respected sir
                   i am using ubuntu 12.04 and omnet++4.2.2 and MiXim2.2.1.

first of all using IDE
                               1) i have installed omnet++4.2.2 successfully and run every examples .
                               2) then i wanted to import mixim on omnet++. so followed the procedure as mentioned file->import->existing project into workspace->select mixim->finish

                              3) till yet no error but when i did build project then this error came

Description Resource Path Location Type
make: *** Config file '' does not exist -- add the OMNeT++ bin directory to the path so that opp_configfilepath can be found, or set the OMNETPP_CONFIGFILE variable to point to Makefile.inc.  Stop. Makefile /MiXiM line 37 C/C++ Problem

                              4) still i can run some examplesof mixim.but the error is not removing..

so sir please pls pls pls help me (others friends also facing same problem)

5)for removing error i check the omnet++ bin directory path and i  already set it during omnetpp installation.

now USING COMMAND line
1) first i put the mixim into the omnetpp samples folder then i run following command

1. run the following command in the MiXiM root dir

make -f makemakefiles CONFIGNAME=gcc-debug

(you can alternatively also use the gcc-release configuration)

2. type "make all" to make the mixim library and binary

and to build the test networks

it done success fully and i can run the examples successfully still the error is present

sir please tell me how to remove the error..

Re: MiXiM- Makefile error raju 10/10/12 4:34 AM
dear rajesh could u solve the problem ..if yes please tell me the procedure u followed..
thank u
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error Michael 10/10/12 4:59 AM
first of all before you start the IDE or before you call make you need following steps (for bash):

cd /your/omnetpp/dir
. setenv
cd /your/working/dir
# start omnetpp or call make from this shell

Michael
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error raju 10/10/12 6:05 AM
thanks a lot for replay. sir for IDE what to do to remove error

i did the steps so no error in base but still  error is present in GUI
how to remove the GUI error?????????
thanks u
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error Michael 10/10/12 6:49 AM
I do not know what you mean with "how to remove the GUI error", but you need the same steps before you start the IDE/GUI! You must start the IDE/GUI from command line!!!
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error raju 10/10/12 9:44 PM

sir that error is coming in omnetpp ide (problems part)
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error raju 10/10/12 9:56 PM

when i follow the procedure and type make it shows like this  but when i type omnetpp the ide shows me like this
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error Michael 10/10/12 10:30 PM
If you type omnetpp then the IDE will be startet as background process. Is the OMNeT++-IDE picture the IDE startet from the command line, or not?
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error raju 10/10/12 11:21 PM
sir what is the meaning of this statement?
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error Michael 10/11/12 12:10 AM
You posted two images:
  • the first one shows the OMNet++-IDE (GUI)
  • the second one shows a console, where you build OMNeT++ there is no IDE here!? But you wrote "but when i type omnetpp the ide shows me like this",

I'm not sure if we talk about the same?! For me IDE means integrated development environment and should be here the OMNeT++-Eclipse-GUI. That's why I asked you if the first image is from the GUI which was started from the omnetpp command in image two, or not.

Re: MiXiM- Makefile error Rudolf Hornig 10/11/12 2:14 AM
One possibly problem:

Click window / preferences and choose the OMNeT++ page.

The omnet location path MUST be correctly point to the root of the omnetpp install
(also the image path must point to the image directory)

Rudofl
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error raju 10/11/12 4:32 AM
Dear sir
                  thanks a lot for ur replay.if i type omnetpp from command no error in omnetpp Eclipse GUI.

but but when i want to import mixim from omnet++IDE through the steps given in http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mixim/wiki/Installation site and follow the procedure the error occurs when i did BUILD PROJECT.so i want to remove that omnetpp Eclipse GUI error.

thank u sir .
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error Michael 10/11/12 5:03 AM
Can you make a screenshot of "MiXiM" - "Project Properties" - "OMNeT++" - "Makemake" settings page?
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error raju 10/11/12 10:09 PM

sending 2 screenshot as in one screenshot not possible to print all.
thanks sir

On Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:33:31 PM UTC+5:30, Michael wrote:
Can you make a screenshot of "MiXiM" - "Project Properties" - "OMNeT++" - "Makemake" settings page?
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error Michael 10/11/12 11:22 PM
Mhh, this is OK. I think the last try is to make a clean before the build: right click on MiXiM and do a clean. Sorry, but I think I can not help here anymore; it seams to be a problem in OMNeT++/IDE itself, not in MiXiM.
Re: MiXiM- Makefile error raju 10/12/12 5:53 AM
thanks a lot sir for ur help

thank uu