Cell Providers

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
Cell Providers patrick 10/2/12 4:19 PM
Is any one here familiar with the cell provider ting.com? I can't decide which I should go with Ting Republic wireless or virgin mobile. Any input is appreciated.
Re: [OMG] Cell Providers Dan Linder 10/2/12 5:02 PM
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:19 PM, patrick <patrick...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is any one here familiar with the cell provider ting.com? I can't decide which I should go with Ting Republic wireless or virgin mobile. Any input is appreciated.

When our contract with Verizon finally expires I'm going to look at Ting very closely, probably moving to them.  Their flexible plans and open tethering option are two big drivers for me.  Their data plans aren't the cheapest (1GB for $24, 3GB for $60), but again it's shared among the phones and tethering is allowed.

Plus their flexible plan feature - they will automatically go up and down as you use them - really entice me.

The only drawback is that the phones aren't subsidized so there is a big of a hit initially.  (But Ting is a Sprint MVNO so BYOD is coming...soon: https://ting.com/blog/byod-coming-soon-to-ting/)

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Sam
--
Sam Flint
flintfam.org/~swflint

I use Virgin Mobile, and have been very happy with the service, and find the plans very reasonable.  I currently pay $35 a month for unlimited data, messages and 300 minutes.  Their network isn’t very large though, even though I believe they use Sprint’s network.  Often when I am traveling I find large areas where I receive no service, like the entire state of South Dakota.