Building a video server with nodejs

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Building a video server with nodejs jg 3/4/10 8:41 AM
Has anyone thought of building a video server with nodejs? Perhaps to
serve streaming flvs and other video formats?
Re: Building a video server with nodejs billywhizz 3/4/10 9:18 AM
have a look at my code here: http://github.com/billywhizz/scratch. i
knocked it together a good while back and haven't updated for latest
node releases, but it's got the beginnings of a youtube downloader and
flv stream server in there if you have a dig...
Re: [nodejs] Re: Building a video server with nodejs Marak Squires 3/4/10 9:27 AM
I've been talking to a few people about building a RTMP library for node.js. Unfortunately, I haven't really met anyone who is good enough to pull it off.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/rtmp/

Re: [nodejs] Re: Building a video server with nodejs ryan 3/4/10 9:47 AM
On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Marak Squires <marak....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been talking to a few people about building a RTMP library for
> node.js. Unfortunately, I haven't really met anyone who is good enough to
> pull it off.
> http://www.adobe.com/devnet/rtmp/

I suspect to do this, node needs better throttling. (Working on it!)

Re: [nodejs] Building a video server with nodejs Michael Jackson 3/4/10 12:18 PM
It's not Node, but Nginx has a streaming FLV module. It looks like it's not very complete yet though.

--
Michael J. I. Jackson
http://mjijackson.com/

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 9:41 AM, jg <guerr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone thought of building a video server with nodejs? Perhaps to
serve streaming flvs and other video formats?

Re: [nodejs] Building a video server with nodejs Marak Squires 3/4/10 12:25 PM
Yeah I mean being able to seek through an FLV is a very small subset of what the RTMP protocol can offer.

The best open-source server right now is http://osflash.org/red5
Re: [nodejs] Building a video server with nodejs NeCkEr 3/4/10 5:37 PM
@Marak

Sorry disagreeing you, but i think that erlyvideo a Erlang RTMP server(http://github.com/erlyvideo/erlyvideo) its much better than red5 but are just my 2cent's...

i would love to see a RTMP server in top of nodeJS! :)