how to use redis PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE with nodejs by event driven?

Showing 1-12 of 12 messages
how to use redis PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE with nodejs by event driven? Jason.桂林(Gui Lin) 12/14/10 6:54 PM
how to use redis PUB/SUB with nodejs by event driven, I need an example, just like something like a chatroom or anything else.

--
Best regards,

Jason Green
桂林

Re: [nodejs] how to use redis PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE with nodejs by event driven? Shripad K 12/14/10 7:01 PM
Check this:

Specifically see socket.io/lib/client.js

Re: [nodejs] how to use redis PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE with nodejs by event driven? Jason.桂林(Gui Lin) 12/14/10 8:44 PM
Excellent. It looks very like socket.io,  is it a fork of Socket.IO-node

在 2010年12月15日 上午11:01,Shripad K <assortme...@gmail.com>写道:
Re: [nodejs] how to use redis PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE with nodejs by event driven? Shripad K 12/14/10 9:52 PM
Yes it is a fork of socket.io :) Sorry for no documentation. I will be adding it shortly. However, you can try the modified example app and also look at client.js and listener.js for the modifications.
Re: [nodejs] how to use redis PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE with nodejs by event driven? Nikhil 12/14/10 10:01 PM
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 8:24 AM, jason.桂林 <gui...@gmail.com> wrote:
> how to use redis PUB/SUB with nodejs by event driven, I need an example,
> just like something like a chatroom or anything else.

Here is a simple example https://gist.github.com/374881

Nikhil

Re: [nodejs] how to use redis PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE with nodejs by event driven? mjr 12/14/10 10:18 PM
On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 6:54 PM, jason.桂林 <gui...@gmail.com> wrote:
how to use redis PUB/SUB with nodejs by event driven, I need an example, just like something like a chatroom or anything else.

The node_redis test suite has a simple example of publish/subscribe:

as well as most other things you can do with Redis.

Re: [nodejs] how to use redis PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE with nodejs by event driven? Jason.桂林(Gui Lin) 12/14/10 10:30 PM
BTW, which node redis client should I use, I saw a lot redis client module for node in node wiki page.

2010/12/15 Matt Ranney <m...@ranney.com>

Re: [nodejs] how to use redis PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE with nodejs by event driven? Shripad K 12/14/10 10:34 PM
Use Matt's node_redis :) Its fast. Socket.IO-PubSub uses that.

2010/12/15 jason.桂林 <gui...@gmail.com>

Re: [nodejs] how to use redis PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE with nodejs by event driven? Jason.桂林(Gui Lin) 12/14/10 10:46 PM
you mean this one? https://github.com/mranney/node_redis/

在 2010年12月15日 下午2:34,Shripad K <assortme...@gmail.com>写道:
Re: [nodejs] how to use redis PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE with nodejs by event driven? mjr 12/15/10 10:35 PM
On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:46 PM, jason.桂林 <gui...@gmail.com> wrote:

Well, that's the one I use.  :)

If you run into issues with it, there is usually good support available on IRC or through an issue on github.

Re: [nodejs] how to use redis PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE with nodejs by event driven? Jason.桂林(Gui Lin) 12/23/10 10:13 AM
Here are typical results of multi_bench.js which is similar to redis-benchmark from the Redis distribution. It uses 50 concurrent connections with no pipelining.
The performance of node_redis improves dramatically with pipelining.
how to use pipelinling?

2010/12/16 Matt Ranney <m...@ranney.com>

Best regards,

Jason Green
桂林

Re: [nodejs] how to use redis PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE with nodejs by event driven? mjr 12/23/10 7:22 PM
2010/12/23 jason.桂林 <gui...@gmail.com>
how to use pipelinling?

Pipelining will just happen automatically in node under certain circumstances, because everything in node is non-blocking.  In many Redis clients, you need to wait for a response from every command before you can send another one.  In node_redis, you can send as many as you like as fast as you like, without waiting for them to complete.