NHibernate 3.3.1.GA released

Showing 1-11 of 11 messages
NHibernate 3.3.1.GA released Oskar Berggren 6/11/12 11:12 PM
NHibernate 3.3.1.GA is now available for download from Sourceforge and Nuget.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nhibernate/?source=directory

A big thanks to everyone that contributed to this release!

Summary of changes:

This is a mini-release to fix a number of regressions plus some other
small issues and features where the risk of negative impact was deemed
low. In particular NHibernate now handles oversized byte arrays on MS
SQL Server in a safer way by preventing silent truncation, some LINQ
improvements, and support of some new features from MS SQL Server
2012.

There are no known breaking changes.

Full list of changes:
[3.3.1GA] https://nhibernate.jira.com/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&version=11140

/Oskar
Re: NHibernate 3.3.1.GA released Oskar Berggren 6/11/12 11:21 PM
Could someone update the download link, etc, on nhforge, please?

/Oskar

2012/6/12 Oskar Berggren <oskar.b...@gmail.com>:
Re: [nhibernate-development] NHibernate 3.3.1.GA released Alexander I. Zaytsev 6/12/12 12:04 AM
Thanks, Oskar. Also I would like to release 3.4 Alpha1 in case there are some possible breaking changes.

2012/6/12 Oskar Berggren <oskar.b...@gmail.com>

Re: [nhibernate-development] NHibernate 3.3.1.GA released Johannes Gustafsson 6/12/12 12:28 AM
May I ask: If there are no breaking changes, why do you increment the assembly version? This makes it harder to do drop in replacements of the old version.

2012/6/12 Alexander I. Zaytsev <hazzik...@gmail.com>

Re: [nhibernate-development] NHibernate 3.3.1.GA released Oskar Berggren 6/12/12 12:32 AM
2012/6/12 Johannes Gustafsson <johan...@gmail.com>:
> May I ask: If there are no breaking changes, why do you increment the
> assembly version? This makes it harder to do drop in replacements of the old
> version.

From what I can tell, this is the way it's been done before. Though
I've also had some thoughts... Perhaps we should indeed treat the
AssemblyVersion as an API version and put the "software version" in
just a text field. Does this affect nuget?

/Oskar
Re: [nhibernate-development] NHibernate 3.3.1.GA released Oskar Berggren 6/12/12 12:34 AM
2012/6/12 Alexander I. Zaytsev <hazzik...@gmail.com>:
> Thanks, Oskar. Also I would like to release 3.4 Alpha1 in case there are
> some possible breaking changes.

Isn't it a bit early for that still? I'm hoping to do more ISet<>/.Net4 changes.

/Oskar
Re: [nhibernate-development] NHibernate 3.3.1.GA released Oskar Berggren 6/12/12 12:46 AM
2012/6/12 Oskar Berggren <oskar.b...@gmail.com>:
To clarify, I have more .Net4 changes prepared, but it needs cleanup
before i push. And so far I'm aiming to using conditional compiles, so
building for .Net 3.5 would still be an option.

/Oskar
Re: [nhibernate-development] NHibernate 3.3.1.GA released Ramon Smits 6/12/12 12:58 AM

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Johannes Gustafsson <johan...@gmail.com> wrote:
May I ask: If there are no breaking changes, why do you increment the assembly version? This makes it harder to do drop in replacements of the old version.

It has an incremented revision which is allowed and needed to see if this release is different. Drop in replacement still works fine with binding redirects if needed.

NHibernate is using (AFAIK) Semantic Versioning, also see http://semver.org/

--
Ramon
Re: [nhibernate-development] NHibernate 3.3.1.GA released Alexander I. Zaytsev 6/12/12 1:13 AM

Now we have 2 versions: just released NH 3.3.1 and in active development vNext or NH 3.4 (or it may be NH 4.0) discussion here: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/nhibernate-development/rQ25oTwT2d4/discussion list of pending fixes here: https://nhibernate.jira.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+NH+AND+fixVersion+%3D+vNext+AND+status+%3D+Resolved

There may be some breaking changes and so I hope that early alpha will be released soon.

2012/6/12 Johannes Gustafsson <johan...@gmail.com>

Re: [nhibernate-development] NHibernate 3.3.1.GA released Johannes Gustafsson 6/12/12 1:21 AM
If you only increment the file version but leave the assembly version for minor updates then drop in replacements would be easier and you would still be using SemVer IMHO. Binding redirects can sometimes be painful to configure correctly.

Anyway, just a thought. Great work BTW!

2012/6/12 Ramon Smits <ramon...@gmail.com>

Re: [nhibernate-development] NHibernate 3.3.1.GA released Ramon Smits 6/12/12 1:52 AM
If you only increment the file version but leave the assembly version for minor updates then drop in replacements would be easier and you would still be using SemVer IMHO. Binding redirects can sometimes be painful to configure correctly.

Agreed :-)