NHibernate 3.3.2.GA released

Showing 1-9 of 10 messages
NHibernate 3.3.2.GA released Oskar Berggren 10/22/12 12:43 PM
NHibernate 3.3.2.GA is now available for download from Sourceforge and Nuget.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nhibernate/?source=directory

A big thanks to everyone that contributed to this release!

Summary of changes:

This is a small release with a number of bugs fixed. It keeps the previous assembly version so it's a drop in replacement for 3.3.1.

There are no known breaking changes.

Full list of changes:
[3.3.2GA] https://nhibernate.jira.com/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&version=11640

/Oskar

Re: NHibernate 3.3.2.GA released Oskar Berggren 10/22/12 12:50 PM
Can someone please update the link on nhforge.org?

/Oskar

2012/10/22 Oskar Berggren <oskar.b...@gmail.com>

Re: NHibernate 3.3.2.GA released Luis Fernando 10/22/12 1:06 PM
Great news, thanks!!
Re: NHibernate 3.3.2.GA released cremor 10/22/12 11:03 PM
Thanks!

I've noticed that the partial fix for NH-3244 is missing in 3.3.2 so I'm wondering: Are there many other bugfixes in the master branch that were not merged to 3.3.2?

Or maybe the better question would be: Is the master branch as stable as 3.3.2 or are there any known bugs in master that aren't in 3.3.2?
Re: [nhibernate-development] Re: NHibernate 3.3.2.GA released Oskar Berggren 10/23/12 1:15 AM

2012/10/23 cremor <cre...@gmx.net>

Thanks!

I've noticed that the partial fix for NH-3244 is missing in 3.3.2 so I'm wondering: Are there many other bugfixes in the master branch that were not merged to 3.3.2?

The complete list of issues marked as resolved in master is a mix of bugs, features and tasks (currently 52 items):
https://nhibernate.jira.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+NH+AND+fixVersion+%3D+vNext+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

The main trigger for 3.3.2 was to limit the nuget dependency on Iesi.Collections, so that we can soon release Iesi.Collections 4 without breaking everyone that consumes NHibernate via NuGet. To make it more interesting I did pick a few fixes as well, but I wanted to get it done quickly so I didn't have time to look at all available fixes.

Or maybe the better question would be: Is the master branch as stable as 3.3.2 or are there any known bugs in master that aren't in 3.3.2?

On the one hand, there are thousands of test cases that are always run. Any failure here is usually fixed within hours. On the other hand, I suppose not many people use master, so when a regression or new bug does occur, it's more likely that you are the first one to hit it. Also, I expect that the master branch will target .Net 4 within a week or two.

You also have the option of course of branching from the 3.3.x branch and cherry-pick only the fixes that you actually need.

/Oskar

On Monday, October 22, 2012 9:43:35 PM UTC+2, Oskar Berggren wrote:
NHibernate 3.3.2.GA is now available for download from Sourceforge and Nuget.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nhibernate/?source=directory

A big thanks to everyone that contributed to this release!

Summary of changes:

This is a small release with a number of bugs fixed. It keeps the previous assembly version so it's a drop in replacement for 3.3.1.

There are no known breaking changes.

Full list of changes:
[3.3.2GA] https://nhibernate.jira.com/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&version=11640

/Oskar

Re: [nhibernate-development] Re: NHibernate 3.3.2.GA released RichB 10/23/12 1:29 AM
And by implication 3.3.2 is the last to target .Net 3.5*?

Richard
* pending unforeseen patches
Re: [nhibernate-development] Re: NHibernate 3.3.2.GA released Oskar Berggren 10/28/12 2:33 AM

2012/10/23 Richard Birkby <rbi...@gmail.com>

And by implication 3.3.2 is the last to target .Net 3.5*?

There are currently no plans for more releases in the NH 3 series, and it does look like NH 4 will require .Net 4.0.

On the other hand, it's always possible to do another 3.3.x release, or even a 3.4 with somewhat larger changes. This could be an excellent opportunity for someone without commit access to get more involved, by backporting work already done on the master branch and submit pull requests targeting the 3.3.x branch.

/Oskar

Re: [nhibernate-development] Re: NHibernate 3.3.2.GA released Oskar Berggren 10/30/12 1:31 AM
Because 3.3.2 is a minor release and changing the ISet<T> interface is a big breaking change. It's coming in NH 4 (there are several posts about previously on this mailing list).

/Oskar

2012/10/29 Moises Goncalves <jmoi...@gmail.com>
Why not consider the native .net framework Set interface, System.Collections.Generic.ISet<T>.
Almost everyone is migrating for .Net 4 for shared libraries.
I think that older releases are fine to be used with legacy systems.

Em segunda-feira, 22 de outubro de 2012 16h43min35s UTC-3, Oskar Berggren escreveu:
NHibernate 3.3.2.GA is now available for download from Sourceforge and Nuget.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nhibernate/?source=directory

A big thanks to everyone that contributed to this release!

Summary of changes:

This is a small release with a number of bugs fixed. It keeps the previous assembly version so it's a drop in replacement for 3.3.1.

There are no known breaking changes.

Full list of changes:
[3.3.2GA] https://nhibernate.jira.com/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&version=11640

/Oskar

Re: [nhibernate-development] Re: NHibernate 3.3.2.GA released Diego Mijelshon 10/29/12 1:42 PM
That's exactly what's happening in NH 4, which targets net40.