Meet-up at Captain J's on 7/21

Showing 1-48 of 48 messages
Meet-up at Captain J's on 7/21 r_me...@hotmail.com 6/11/13 5:14 PM
We're looking at setting up a meet-up on Sunday July 21st, time TBD.  Captain J's is on Capital Blvd. in Raleigh and has a very good traditional Chinese menu.
Re: Meet-up at Captain J's on 7/21 Terryg 6/11/13 8:10 PM
Excellent,  As long as we are around, we're in.

On Jun 11, 2013, at 8:14 PM, r_me...@hotmail.com wrote:

We're looking at setting up a meet-up on Sunday July 21st, time TBD.  Captain J's is on Capital Blvd. in Raleigh and has a very good traditional Chinese menu.

Re: Meet-up at Captain J's on 7/21 kari 6/12/13 2:23 AM
Kind of early for us to know too.
>--

Re: Meet-up at Captain J's on 7/21 Meredith L. 6/12/13 6:57 PM
Hello - hope everyone is well!   Not sure if we will be in town that
far out from now (summer is kind of an iffy time), but we'd love to
see everyone if we are here!    Bon appétit!

Meredith (Tehama on Chowhound)

ps - Happy Father's Day to all the daddys out there!

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:14 PM, <r_me...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> We're looking at setting up a meet-up on Sunday July 21st, time TBD.  Captain J's is on Capital Blvd. in Raleigh and has a very good traditional Chinese menu.

Re: Meet-up at Captain J's on 7/21 Kevin Yen 6/20/13 1:35 PM
Hey y'all!

My name is Kevin Yen.  I was the the one that mentioned Captain J's on chowhound and yelp.

According to one of my friends who dined there last night, the head chef comes from 66 Lu's Seafood in downtown flushing.   Some of you might know/have dined at that restaurant and according to my dad, that restaurant is one of the best in the area.  So now we've got a rare opportunity to have a truly authentic Chinese restaurant in Raleigh and I really would like all of you to enjoy while it lasts.  Just like Asian Grill in the past, quality would start to degrade once the financial trouble kicks in.  Chefs would have to find ways to cut corners and cutting corners equals inferior food.

I understand summer could be a bad time for everyone but I'd be greatly appreciated if y'all could reserve the july 21st evening for some Captain J's.

Thanks!

Re: Meet-up at Captain J's on 7/21 burgeoningfoodie 6/20/13 2:11 PM
Not familiar with that particular restaurant but am fairly well read on the authentic cuisine that comes out of flushing in general including dim sum. Wonder if the restaurant is planning a gradual conversion as that would be awesome.
Re: Meet-up at Captain J's on 7/21 Fabia Vera Fausta 6/20/13 3:24 PM
Wow, now I'd love to go!  but I have no car, would anyone be able to give my dad and me a lift, we live in Carrboro/Chapel Hill.
claudia (chowhound rory)