[STICKY] ChromeCast Support

Showing 1-39 of 39 messages
[STICKY] ChromeCast Support David Villanueva 3/2/14 8:16 PM
Just checking if MX Pro support's ChromeCast streaming to big screen TV.

Thanks,

Re: ChromeCast Support Arjen van Hooydonk 12/10/13 3:47 AM
It can't at the moment as the SDK is not official and Google is not allowing third party apps to use stream. As soon as Google opens up Chromecast for everyone I am with you; please add the feature if possible (Chromecast was designed to stream online content, not local content).

On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:19:49 PM UTC+1, David Villanueva wrote:
Just checking if MX Pro support's ChromeCast streaming to big screen TV.

Thanks,

Re: ChromeCast Support CDBbrian 12/10/13 10:29 AM
I wasn't aware of those details before today... thanks for sharing that!
Re: ChromeCast Support Arjen van Hooydonk 12/11/13 4:49 AM
Avia now supports casting local content to the Chromecast so it is possible and Google supports it. So now only to wait until Google releases the SDK.
Re: ChromeCast Support CDBbrian 12/11/13 7:16 AM
Have a link to where you are reading this from for more details?

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 7:49:54 AM UTC-5, Arjen van Hooydonk wrote:
Avia now supports casting local content to the Chromecast so it is possible and Google supports it. So now only to wait until Google releases the SDK.
Re: ChromeCast Support Arjen van Hooydonk 12/11/13 8:07 AM
Re: ChromeCast Support CDBbrian 12/11/13 10:43 AM
Thanks!
Re: ChromeCast Support CDBbrian 12/11/13 8:45 PM
Related: http://www.wifiezcast.com/index_en.html
And the actual hardware: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miracast-ezCast-WiFi-DLNA-AirPlay-Wireless-HDMI-TV-Dongle-Receiver-Mediashare-/370959262282?pt=US_Internet_Media_Streamers&hash=item565ee5224a

This is a Miracast dongle, which is based on the Wi-Fi Direct Miracast protocol.  Did some research, and Chromecast doesn't support or follow the Miracast protocol yet.

This Miracast dongle basically turns any TV into a Miracast (wireless display) enabled TV!  Android 4.2 and up has wireless display support built into the OS (on devices with Wifi Direct).

The key benefit of Miracast is that it's not app specific! (unlike Chromecast, which needs apps to implement the API).

Check it out!

Re: ChromeCast Support CDBbrian 12/27/13 9:33 PM
Re: ChromeCast Support Edward Reese 1/5/14 10:57 PM
once the SDK and API are available will this be a PRO only feature?

On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:19:49 PM UTC-8, David Villanueva wrote:
Just checking if MX Pro support's ChromeCast streaming to big screen TV.

Thanks,

unk...@googlegroups.com 1/21/14 2:04 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: ChromeCast Support Edward Reese 2/3/14 11:03 AM
SDK is public nowCNET: Google opens Chromecast to all developers. http://google.com/producer/s/CBIw_bKM7BA
Re: ChromeCast Support CDBbrian 2/3/14 7:03 PM
Vince A. posted in another thread:

High Priority
  1. DLNA/Casting/Chromecast (various)
    1. NOTE: As of 02-Jan-2014, Chromecast API is not public yet, so developers can't use it.
As of 02-Feb-2014- it's been made available: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GoogleDevelopers/posts/eykWoy6sac3

Hope to see this implemented in the near future!
...and of course, thanks for what you've already done with this app.
Re: ChromeCast Support chuki dee 2/3/14 8:48 PM
Good know the SDK for ChromeCast is now available for devs

I look forward to ChromeCast support in MX Player :)

Re: ChromeCast Support Deoclides Neto 2/4/14 9:07 AM
Yeah, just download the sdk https://developers.google.com/cast/
Re: ChromeCast Support Badri 2/5/14 6:51 AM
Cant wait for MX Player's update that includes Chromecast support....
Re: ChromeCast Support Technical Support 2/5/14 12:12 PM
Hi,

This feature will be supported in the future but unfortunately this may take time because it requires runtime transcoding.
Currently MX Player has only decoding feature.

Thanks
Re: ChromeCast Support Victor Howard 2/5/14 5:00 PM
Take your time and get it right. MX is a great piece of software and I'd be happy to pay for Chromecast support.
But the sooner the better, of course.
Re: ChromeCast Support CDBbrian 2/5/14 11:00 PM
For some of the more common encodes of videos, you _might_ be able to get past this by just sending the file directly to the dongle and letting it try to decode on the dongle.

But for any of the less common formats, and for all 10-bit videos, then yes MX would have to transcode before it sends to Chromecast.  Take your time on this one!
Re: ChromeCast Support Josue Aristy 2/6/14 1:46 AM
Me and thousands of users  are wishing this app could play all formats directly to chromecast, just like it plays on our phones. I wish we could play avi, mpeg or flv videos from mx player to chromecast. It would be amazing.
Re: ChromeCast Support Ananya Gupta 2/6/14 1:41 PM
Count my vote in too. I suggest releasing a beta version in Google+

This will keep early adopters happy and give you the necessary feedback.

Thanks for a great app otherwise.

Re: ChromeCast Support chuki dee 2/6/14 4:45 PM
I agree with Edward Reese's question - I think Chromecast support should be a PRO only feature. It would make the PRO version that more special and deserving :)
Re: ChromeCast Support CDBbrian 2/6/14 9:08 PM
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 3:12:32 PM UTC-5, Technical Support wrote:
Side question: if you're going to be doing runtime transcoding for Chromecast (I assume to 8-bit H.264), then could the same transcoding also be used to send a DLNA stream?  MX could act as a Digital Media Server (DMS) or Digital Media Controller (DMC), sending a stream to a DLNA receiver (ie TV, DLNA dongle, EZCast dongle).

Many apps and devices and detect DLNA apps on Android. For example, EZCast ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.actionsmicro.ezcast ) can detect BubbleUPNP and let it act as a DMC to DLNA send to an EZCast dongle.

Doing so would expand the compatibility list of MX to both Chromecast devices and DLNA devices.
Re: ChromeCast Support Florian Kaiser 2/7/14 10:01 AM
The SDK is out of beta / public now.

I hope MXPlayer supports Chromecast soon.
Making this a premium feature seems legit for me (and I already got premium so I dont care).
Re: ChromeCast Support Salvatore Castellano 2/10/14 8:29 AM
Can't wait for this!!
Re: ChromeCast Support Jinhwan Lee 2/11/14 4:09 PM
Seriously, I am willing to pay for pro version if it supports chromecast.
Re: ChromeCast Support Tuyen Phan 2/24/14 6:29 PM
I'll pay and donate
Re: ChromeCast Support Luis Maia 2/26/14 5:07 AM
Me too.
Re: ChromeCast Support Brad Young 3/1/14 1:02 AM
And me. It is the best media app on android
Re: ChromeCast Support Aitor Durán López 3/1/14 10:25 PM
I can't wait for Chromecast support! First for video formats compatible with Chromecast, and later for all of them.
You are doing a great work guys.
Re: [STICKY] ChromeCast Support Stefano 3/19/14 8:50 AM
Hi all, it's possible use mx player with AllCast on Chromecast?
Re: [STICKY] ChromeCast Support CDBbrian 3/19/14 10:16 PM
On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:50:01 AM UTC-4, Stefano wrote:
Hi all, it's possible use mx player with AllCast on Chromecast?

The premise to that question isn't quite correct.  How Chromecast currently works is that it gets apps on your phone to send videos to it, and the Chromecast dongle itself will decode videos.  Basically the phone does nothing but forward videos to Chromecast.  Allcast app does exactly this.  Therefore, you don't "use" MX Player with Allcast.

On a side note, what the developer is planning on doing is make MX Player transcode videos.  What this means is MX will live convert any video file you have, into a format that Chromecast can play.  Then, MX will send this transcoded video to Chromecast.
Re: [STICKY] ChromeCast Support Stefano 3/21/14 11:39 AM
Thanks CDBrian for your answer, now I understand. so basically I can't play .mp4 and .mkv videos on chromecast, I hope in a future support with MX for transcode videos :)
Re: [STICKY] ChromeCast Support Marco Lo Duca 4/3/14 2:00 AM
Hi all,
what is the status of development of chromecast support on MXplayer?
Re: [STICKY] ChromeCast Support Paul Gibson 4/7/14 3:35 AM
Please get the transcoding working, really need MX player on Chrome cast
Re: [STICKY] ChromeCast Support Martijn Jongen 4/12/14 7:36 AM
A local transcoding would be great: even while this would drain the battery it will enable me to play video files stored on my LAN on the Chromecast! What would be really great is the control, FF / RW etc,
Re: [STICKY] ChromeCast Support Edward Reese 4/12/14 10:23 AM
what formats are currently supported? does anybody know?
Re: [STICKY] ChromeCast Support Florian Kaiser 4/12/14 10:51 AM
Re: [STICKY] ChromeCast Support CDBbrian 4/20/14 1:23 PM
Thread now moved to XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-player/sticky-mx-player-chromecast-t2725253

Please join us there!  Keep in mind that XDA accepts Google+ logins.
More topics »