git-cheetah broken in Git-1.8.3-preview20130601

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
git-cheetah broken in Git-1.8.3-preview20130601 phil...@gmail.com 6/20/13 12:53 PM
Just tried upgrading to 1.8.3 and the git-cheetah plugin is broken.  None of its entries show up on the explorer menu at all, though it seems to have the dll loaded.  I had to fall back to the simple menu instead.  Cheetah works in 1.8.0, though the duplicate entry bug from installing the plugin into both the user and global registry hives I reported back in 2011 is still there.

Re: [msysGit] git-cheetah broken in Git-1.8.3-preview20130601 Karsten Blees 6/21/13 2:26 AM
Am 20.06.2013 21:53, schrieb phil...@gmail.com:
> Just tried upgrading to 1.8.3 and the git-cheetah plugin is broken.  None of its entries show up on the explorer menu at all, though it seems to have the dll loaded.  I had to fall back to the simple menu instead.  Cheetah works in 1.8.0, though the duplicate entry bug from installing the plugin into both the user and global registry hives I reported back in 2011 is still there.

Several options:
1. Add <git-install-dir>\cmd to your PATH or install with the "Run Git from the Windows Command Prompt" option
2. Build your own installer from the current HEAD (i.e. including [1]) or wait for the next official preview release
3. Use this installer [2] (includes a few other changes, though)

[1] https://github.com/msysgit/Git-Cheetah/commit/c8dc8456
[2] https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxXUoUg2r8ftekFkcFJDRFdhNTA/edit?usp=sharing