WebAPI effort

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
WebAPI effort Jonas Sicking 8/17/11 1:37 PM
Announcing the WebAPI effort!

We invite our community to work with our newly formed WebAPI team on
closing the device API gap that exists today between the open web
platform and native APIs.

As with all other additions that we make to the web platform the goal
is for them to be available in all browsers. We believe that web
developers should have a consitent and reliable platform to build on.

We have gathered some information about this effort on our wiki:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI

We will hold a public project meeting every Tuesday 10am PDT (usually
7pm CET). Detailed instructions in the Wiki.

The initial API discussion will happen on the public mailing list at:

You can also subscribe to this mailing list through google-groups or
using a newsgroup. Details on the wiki above.

We aim to prototype and propose for standardization 2-3 new APIs every
quarter. Once we have a draft proposal that we like, and we have
verified it using experiments, the proposal will be submitted to the
W3C and discussed there.

You can also join us at irc.mozilla.org #webapi.

Mozilla has several full time openings on the Mozilla WebAPI team:
http://tinyurl.com/3lyzzc4

Looking forward to hearing from you to help build the next stage for
the web platform!

/ Jonas

Re: WebAPI effort ya knygar 8/17/11 2:24 PM
This is great, congratulations.

> 2-3 new APIs every quarter.

awesome, if combined with what W3C would do by itself,
could be a really fast evolution.

Re: WebAPI effort Robert Kaiser 8/18/11 11:03 AM
Jonas Sicking schrieb:

> We aim to prototype and propose for standardization 2-3 new APIs every
> quarter. Once we have a draft proposal that we like, and we have
> verified it using experiments, the proposal will be submitted to the
> W3C and discussed there.

Awesome.

> Mozilla has several full time openings on the Mozilla WebAPI team:
> http://tinyurl.com/3lyzzc4

Even more awesome!

Looking forward to seeing this bear fruit and make the web better!

Robert Kaiser

--
Note that any statements of mine - no matter how passionate - are never
meant to be offensive but very often as food for thought or possible