New "meta-documentation" layout

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
New "meta-documentation" layout Eric Shepherd 2/25/14 9:40 AM
After a lot of discussions in #mdn and various meetings, including a
meeting to finalize things today, we've come up with a new hierarchy
for the layout of the MDN "meta-documentation." This is material about
how to contribute to and use MDN.

The largest goal of this project is to make onboarding new contributors
easier by having the main page immediately route new users to a
quick-start guide and guided tour to help them learn how to do what
they want to do.

You can see notes about the new hierarchy here:
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/MDN-meta-docs

--
Eric Shepherd
Developer Documentation Lead

Re: New "meta-documentation" layout Janet Swisher 3/8/14 5:00 AM
I've also started a spreadsheet for keeping track of "old" meta
documentation, and what we're going to do with it:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao_fDuA-PPFydFNvZGhFdXdoRFNmcnpMUF9SVVFuRkE&usp=sharing

On 2/25/14 6:40 PM, Eric Shepherd wrote:
> After a lot of discussions in #mdn and various meetings, including a
> meeting to finalize things today, we've come up with a new hierarchy
> for the layout of the MDN "meta-documentation." This is material about
> how to contribute to and use MDN.
>
> The largest goal of this project is to make onboarding new
> contributors easier by having the main page immediately route new
> users to a quick-start guide and guided tour to help them learn how to
> do what they want to do.
>
> You can see notes about the new hierarchy here:
> https://etherpad.mozilla.org/MDN-meta-docs

--
Janet Swisher <mailto:jREMOVE...@mozilla.com>
Mozilla Developer Network <https://developer.mozilla.org>