B2G mochitests now use mochitest.ini manifests instead of b2g.json

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
B2G mochitests now use mochitest.ini manifests instead of b2g.json Andrew Halberstadt 3/13/14 7:21 AM
For awhile now we've been using these hacky JSON based manifests to
enable and disable mochitests on B2G. Now, thanks to the work of an
awesome contributor (vaibhav1994), all the B2G mochitests are using the
mochitest.ini format. This allows us to annotate tests with metadata,
like whether the test should be skipped or not.

What does this mean for you? If you are enabling/disabling, or adding a
new mochitest, you now need to edit the 'mochitest.ini' file which lives
in the same directory as your test file.

For example, if I want to disable
dom/media/tests/mochitest/test_dataChannel_basicAudio.html on emulators,
I'd open up dom/media/tests/mochitest/mochitest.ini, find the
corresponding entry and add a skip-if (or fail-if) line below:

     [test_dataChannel_basicAudio.html]
     skip-if = toolkit == 'gonk'

Here is a quick cheat sheet of b2g related skip-if/fail-if syntax:

b2g emulator/device: toolkit == 'gonk'
b2g desktop only:    buildapp == 'b2g' && toolkit != 'gonk'
all b2g platforms:   buildapp == 'b2g'

For more information, see the following documentation:
*
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mochitest#Add_an_entry_to_mochitest.ini
*
https://ci.mozilla.org/job/mozilla-central-docs/Tree_Documentation/buildsystem/test_manifests.html
* http://mozbase.readthedocs.org/en/latest/manifestdestiny.html
*
https://ci.mozilla.org/job/mozilla-central-docs/Tree_Documentation/buildsystem/mozinfo.html

Cheers,
Andrew

p.s There is still one patch that needs to land before we can completely
remove the b2g.json files. Until we do so, please consider them obsolete.
Re: B2G mochitests now use mochitest.ini manifests instead of b2g.json Ryan VanderMeulen 3/13/14 8:01 AM
Glory hallelujah! Thanks to you, Joel, and Vaibhav for getting this work
done.