Alcatel One Touch Fire discontinued?

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Alcatel One Touch Fire discontinued? jerzyg...@gmail.com 1/27/14 12:24 PM
The news broke that Alcatel is officially discontinuing its One Touch Fire phone on Firefox OS 1.1 and there will be no version 1.2: http://firefox-os.com/alcatel-one-touch-fire/24543-no-official-upgrade-firefox-os-1-2-alcatel-one-touch-fire.html
It's been just half a year since its introduction. Can Mozilla confirm that?
Re: Alcatel One Touch Fire discontinued? Jose Maldonado 1/27/14 4:26 PM

jerzyg...@gmail.com escribió:
> The news broke that Alcatel is officially discontinuing its One Touch Fire phone on Firefox OS 1.1 and there will be no version 1.2: http://firefox-os.com/alcatel-one-touch-fire/24543-no-official-upgrade-firefox-os-1-2-alcatel-one-touch-fire.html
> It's been just half a year since its introduction. Can Mozilla confirm that?

I dont think so...but thats very bad news :(
Re: Alcatel One Touch Fire discontinued? Thomas Ho 1/27/14 4:42 PM
It's been confirmed that there won't be a 1.2 upgrade, but Mozilla is
encouraging TCL/Alcatel to provide 1.3 upgrade.

Thomas

於 2014/1/28 上午8:26, Jose Maldonado 提到:

Re: Alcatel One Touch Fire discontinued? jerzyg...@gmail.com 1/27/14 5:26 PM
Hurray, we are saved! When will the 1.3 upgrade be ready?
Re: Alcatel One Touch Fire discontinued? Karl Dubost 1/27/14 6:09 PM

Le 28 janv. 2014 à 05:24, jerzyg...@gmail.com a écrit :
> The news broke that Alcatel is officially discontinuing

*officially* where?  The site below seems to be a fan site. I don't have any information, but there is a big jump from a "fan forum" to "official". :)

--
Karl Dubost, Mozilla
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/moz

Re: Alcatel One Touch Fire discontinued? Julien Wajsberg 1/27/14 6:09 PM
Le 28/01/2014 02:26, jerzyg...@gmail.com a écrit :
> Hurray, we are saved! When will the 1.3 upgrade be ready?

1.3 release is not ready from Mozilla yet ;)
I guess you'll need a little more patience.

Re: Alcatel One Touch Fire discontinued? jerzyg...@gmail.com 1/27/14 7:48 PM
The news originates from this e-mail posted on Polish forum: http://forum.myfirefoxos.pl/watek-Nie-b%C4%99dzie-Firefox-OS-1-2-dla-Alcatel-One-Touch-Fire?pid=2162#pid2162
Seems official.