[Help] DarkOwl's ANSI troubles

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
[Help] DarkOwl's ANSI troubles Cptnobvious 5/16/12 6:36 PM
Before I start I should probably mention I don't know much more than
the basics when it comes to MOO coding.

I'm running WinMOO server with the most recent LambdaCore (1.8
something I believe).
First thing I really tried to do was set up ANSI. I didn't want a
bunch of things that I'd need to re-do.

Everything goes great until I have to enter this line
@chparent $player_class to $ansi_pc
The result is always:
Either you don't own the object, don't own the parent, or the parent
is not fertile.

I double checked to make sure I owned both objects and also tried @set
$ansi_pc.f to 1
Still no dice.

Anyone able to tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
Re: [MOO-talk] [Help] DarkOwl's ANSI troubles Katelyn Gigante (Kamahl) 5/18/12 3:50 AM

Check that $ansi_pc isn't a child of $player_class (recursive parents)
-Stephen

Re: [MOO-talk] [Help] DarkOwl's ANSI troubles Michael Munson 5/18/12 4:36 AM
Also obviously check to make sure the player installing it is a wizard.

Re: DarkOwl's ANSI troubles SmashTV 5/27/12 6:04 PM
I'm actually having the same problem.
Everything works fine until I try to:
@chparent $player_class to $ansi_pc

Looks like there is some protection on #0
I've tried everything I could think of.

Does the script not work with the LambdaCore-17May04.db?
Re: [MOO-talk] Re: DarkOwl's ANSI troubles Katelyn Gigante (Kamahl) 5/27/12 7:49 PM
Ok.  Can you @parents $player_class and @parents $ansi_pc, and post them here?

 - Stephen