Mongo-DB Default Value?

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Mongo-DB Default Value? Jake Steele 5/22/13 3:17 PM
I have a Table (Collection) that is going to be 20,000 columns (keys) all with values.

My question is, when I am creating this table, can I specify default values for a column, so if it is left out it would be set to 0.

Is that possible? Even a null would be fine.
Re: [mongodb-user] Mongo-DB Default Value? Sammaye 5/22/13 4:21 PM
technically due to how drivers work and all that the default value is null however, since mongodb has no pre-defined schema there is no support for defining types of fields as you do in SQL. This sort of stuff is done on the spot in the application.

See also the IRC channel -- freenode.net#mongodb

---