error when running "./mineos_console.py crontab archive daily"

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
error when running "./mineos_console.py crontab archive daily" solivagu...@gmail.com 9/18/12 2:06 PM
At some point I noticed my mineos Crux install seemed to no longer be running scripts in cron.daily

After fiddling with a bunch of stuff I think I found the issue but I'm not sure what to do at this point. Below is the output I get when I try to run "./mineos_console.py crontab archive daily" (everything else in the cron.daily folder seems to work just fine when executed manually).

mc:minecraft/ $ ./mineos_console.py crontab archive daily
tar: ./world_nether/DIM-1/region/r.0.0.mca: file changed as we read it
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mineos_console.py", line 109, in <module>
    mineos.mc(server).archive()
  File "/usr/games/minecraft/mineos.py", line 571, in archive
    output = subprocess.check_output(shlex.split(execute_command))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 537, in check_output
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd, output=output)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['nice', '-n', '10', 'tar', 'czf', '/home/mc/archive/pandora2/server-pandora2_2012-09-18_13:58:57.tar.gz', '.']' returned non-zero exit status 1

Re: error when running "./mineos_console.py crontab archive daily" Will 9/18/12 4:27 PM
Try emulating the command the script is running:  '['nice', '-n', '10', 'tar', 'czf', '/home/mc/archive/pandora2/server-pandora2_2012-09-18_13:58:57.tar.gz', '.']'

Translates to (as 'mc')

nice -n 10 tar czf  /home/mc/archive/pandora2/server-pandora2_2012-09-18_13:58:57.tar.gz .
(theres a period at the end).

It should tell you why the archive is failing to be created.  Full HDD? Ownership of the directory issues?  Should become evident.
Re: error when running "./mineos_console.py crontab archive daily" solivagu...@gmail.com 9/18/12 4:47 PM
The only thing I see is
"tar: ./world: file changed as we read it"
And the archive seems to be made correctly.

I was previously seeing 2 archives made per day, for some days. At this point I'm tempted to do a clean install, import the server, archives and backups manually.
The only thing I really would want to re-add to my cron.daily is the command to trim the backups to the last 24 (I do hourly diff backup as setup in the gui). Perhaps I could request a feature to allow you to set a max number of backup diffs in the gui :)

The server itself seems to be stable and running fine otherwise :)
Re: error when running "./mineos_console.py crontab archive daily" ad...@reviews.wox.org 9/23/12 11:03 PM
Will,
I am also getting some odd errors too off console.py in my minecraft server.
I tested same thing on a fresh install of mineos after updating all the scripts and it works ok on the fresh one oddly.

I copied the py files off the fresh install to the main server and still get the error.  (of course now my diskspace check and zoomlevels are reset so my web interface is sloooow again :o(  )

see below:

mc:~/ $ /usr/games/minecraft/mineos_console.py command testserver broadcast test

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/games/minecraft/mineos_console.py", line 62, in <module>
    mineos.mc(argv[2]).command(' '.join(argv[3:]))
  File "/usr/games/minecraft/mineos.py", line 41, in __init__
    raise ConfigNotFoundException
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
mc:~/ $

MineOS Scripts:
server.py          0.4.11e
mineos_console.py  0.4.11e
mineos.py          0.4.11e

At first I thought the changes I made (ie removing the disk space check and increase pigmap zoomlevel) somehow broke something else, but it appears other commands such and start/stop etc still work - and reverting my script (as i said above) made no difference.

Near as I can tell, it is somehow incorrectly handling my command line arguments from the error above.

Any thoughts?   I can't simply move my worlds to the fresh server, as I have some issues with migrating the SQL anti-grief database. (i hate SQL - makes upgrades painful)
Re: error when running "./mineos_console.py crontab archive daily" Will 9/24/12 8:37 AM

On Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:03:31 PM UTC-7, ad...@reviews.wox.org wrote:
[...]

Your error references line 62, config not found.  That line:
self.server_config = mc.config_import(os.path.join(self.cwd, 'server.config'))

shows that mineos.py cannot find the "server.config" file that is supposed to be located in your live directory (/home/mc/servers/testserver). Is that file present?
Re: error when running "./mineos_console.py crontab archive daily" ad...@reviews.wox.org 9/24/12 7:30 PM
Note: My actual server name has lower and upper-case in the name - which i substituted for "testserver"  in the email - but i am using exact case when i launch the actual command - and the previous email had the actual output of it.

Case doesn't get altered in the script so shouldn't be the issue?

As for server.config, Yup it is there -
-rw-r--r-- 1 mc games 547 Sep 11 16:38 server.config

Am i perhaps missing a section?

Contents:
[minecraft]
port = 25565