Detecting Processor Pack

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Detecting Processor Pack Ron Natalie 6/26/01 3:02 PM

Rick wrote:

> Is there a way to detect whether the VC++ processor pack
> is installed or not?  Apparently the processor pack does
> not work with the standard edition, only professional.

Are you talking about the Platform SDK?

Detecting Processor Pack Terry Leeper 6/26/01 5:42 PM
Rick,
You can use _MSC_VER to indicate that the Processor Pack compiler has been
used:

The Processor Pack release includes the following directive:

  _MSC_FULL_VER
  Defines the full version number for the compiler (cl.exe). _MSC_FULL_VER
allows you to put in your code conditional statements that are based on
which version of the compiler is being used.
  Version number is in the format MajorMinorBuild.

  major

  The major version of the compiler.

  minor

  The minor (or point release) version of the compiler.

  build

  The Microsoft-specific number of the build.

  If you enter cl /? at the command line, you will see the full version for
the compiler you are using. For example, in Visual C++ 6.0, the version
number is 12.00.8168.

Terry Leeper
Program Manager
Visual C++