SpaceGAMBIT mentioned in NYTimes article

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
SpaceGAMBIT mentioned in NYTimes article Jerry Isdale 10/6/12 2:16 AM
SpaceGAMBIT as well as the MENTOR Makerspace are covered in this NYTimes article that comes out on saturday
(ok substitute past tense, for most readers.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/06/us/worries-over-defense-dept-money-for-hackerspaces.html?smid=tw-share

Fairly well balanced treatment.

I like Matt Joyce's comment at the end ...
“You never know when you build something where it might end up,” he said. “I think there’s a lot of folks getting the Darpa funding, and a lot of people watching on the sidelines to see what happens.”

my comment on that:

When you build something Open Source, you really don't know where it might end up.
Sometimes its with people who will enhance it and give back
Sometimes its with people who will clone it and undercut your sales
Sometimes its with people who will use it for cool art projects
and sometimes it might be with people who make it into a weapon.
And you really don't have any control over any of that.

Jerry Isdale