Mapping Party, Hyattsville MD, Saturday 1 Dec

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Mapping Party, Hyattsville MD, Saturday 1 Dec Steven Johnson 11/26/12 11:59 AM
Hi all,

Here's the (loose) agenda for Saturday's mapping party:

10AM - Tag up at Busboys & Poets for coffee, snacks and pre-map briefing
11AM - Hit the streets to gather data, grab lunch while you're out
1PM - Re-convene at a common location (trying for Hyattsville Library; still TBD), upload traces/tag/edit
3PM or 4PM - Head to the Franklin's Brewery for geoglobaldomination.

Brian has set up a Doodle for this event; please tick the box if you're able to make it: http://doodle.com/gngvm4rky62mga39

Can someone help print WalkingPapers?

Thanks,
SEJ

Re: [MappingDC] Mapping Party, Hyattsville MD, Saturday 1 Dec Brian DeRocher 11/28/12 8:33 PM
Steven,

I'll print the walking papers.

Brian

--
Brian DeRocher
http://brian.derocher.org

Re: [MappingDC] Mapping Party, Hyattsville MD, Saturday 1 Dec Jaakko Helleranta 11/28/12 8:28 PM
Use field papers since WP is down.
Cheers,
-Jaakko

Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel
--
Mobile: +509-37-26 91 54, Skype/GoogleTalk: jhelleranta

Re: [MappingDC] Mapping Party, Hyattsville MD, Saturday 1 Dec Brian DeRocher 11/28/12 8:46 PM
You can still print papers from Walking Papers.  I don't think we'll be
needing to trace scanned paper maps for Hyattsville.  Though the Field
Papers UI is pretty slick.

In other related news, i've chatted with Mike M. about setting up
another Walking Papers server.  I started porting code from MySQL to
PostgreSQL.  It's a side -- like way off to the side -- project of mine.
Re: Mapping Party, Hyattsville MD, Saturday 1 Dec Mikel 12/1/12 4:05 AM
Where is the re-convene spot? I'm planning to cycle up a bit later, to catch the sanitation hackathon opening this morning.
Re: [MappingDC] Re: Mapping Party, Hyattsville MD, Saturday 1 Dec Steven Johnson 12/1/12 4:55 AM
Mikel, we're meeting at Busboys&Poets in Hyattsville. Hope we see you later today.

--SEJ

Sent from my electronic tether.
Re: Mapping Party, Hyattsville MD, Saturday 1 Dec Mikel 12/2/12 5:02 AM
That was fun yesterday, thanks for organizing Steven.

I rambled out a few thoughts this morning: http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mikelmaron/diary/18164