morse code blinker

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
morse code blinker Joe ODonnell 8/23/12 6:58 PM
Thanks to Kandra and Joe for testing out the morse code blinker to android connection. And welcome to the club Kandra, Jonas and Daniel. Here is the msp430 source code:

https://github.com/galabad/mspmorse

 This led device blinks the users twitter url in morse code, for about $1 in parts. The morse coded url will hopefully be capturable by some smart phone app that can decode morse code flashes. The one we tested out didn't work well enough for a led. The idea is that ingenuity fest attendees will solder or wire wrap these 5 component devices, and wear them as either badges or on top of their hats. Than passersby will use the smart phone app to get a link to the wearer's twitter feed, from a greater distance than with a qr code, and also at night. All the cool kids at Ingenuity fest will have a morse code blinking light on top of their heads.

 It may be possible to make the phone app by filtering out only blinks of a certain color, in a steady part of the camera frame, with a certain blink speed.

 If you missed the demo of the working water cannon/h2o laser like device, you could probably see it this Saturday or Tuesday.

 Today I am one year older than 'the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.'

Mint? Dave Walton 8/24/12 6:51 AM
I was thinking about making some tabouli for Saturday. Does anyone have some fresh mint they can bring? Maybe a cup or two when chopped? I'll bring a knife and cutting board.

Thanks

--Dave Walton

Re: [makersalliance] Mint? bobmct 8/24/12 7:47 AM
thanks dave a favorite of mine.
wish i had some mint for you

Re: [makersalliance] Mint? Damon D Ramsey 8/24/12 9:12 AM

Dave,
There is fresh, sweet mint growing and flowering in the LaunchHouse garden. I don't know who to ask, but I'm sure something could be arranged. :)

:Damon