CO2 Laser

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
CO2 Laser edburwell 10/3/12 8:32 PM
Greetings all,
Just wanted to post a quick update on the CO2 laser for the laser cutter. I put a little time into it last night and basically figured out that 1 of the 2 internal supplies has a problem. I bypassed it and used a bench supply in it's place and the laser made it's rated power(20W). I will probably make a stab at component level troubleshooting the supply. The fall back plan is to ditch the internal supplies and use an external brick. It nominally consumes 28V @ 12A(6A per internal supply). I have some supplies that can easily cover that if need be.

Ed