New low-cost embedded Cortex-A8 board: Cubieboard

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
New low-cost embedded Cortex-A8 board: Cubieboard Corwin Harris 9/9/12 12:16 AM
Re: [makersalliance] New low-cost embedded Cortex-A8 board: Cubieboard Joe Gorse 9/10/12 9:50 AM
"How much will it cost?

An ARM and a leg?!"

And thus began the Pun War of 2012.

Sent from my mobile phone

On Sep 9, 2012, at 3:16, Corwin Harris <corwin...@gmail.com> wrote:

Re: [makersalliance] New low-cost embedded Cortex-A8 board: Cubieboard Joe ODonnell 9/10/12 10:26 AM
 I found it listed somewhere for $50. It's specs are about double the $25 Raspberry pi. When the 80 Mhz Stellaris is released, it may be capable of running a stripped down Linux with the addition of an sdcard and/or fram chip, for about $10 or less in parts.

 If any one knows how to connect usb devices to android phones, it would be most fortuitous if you showed up tomorrow, because I am working on connecting a droid phone to a usb motor controller. You will be rewarded with beer, a wonderful sense of having aided society and the priceless company of hackers.



--- On Mon, 9/10/12, Joe Gorse <jhg...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Joe Gorse <jhg...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [makersalliance] New low-cost embedded Cortex-A8 board: Cubieboard
To: "makersa...@googlegroups.com" <makersa...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: "makersa...@googlegroups.com" <makersa...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, September 10, 2012, 12:51 PM

"How much will it cost?

An ARM and a leg?!"

And thus began the Pun War of 2012.

Sent from my mobile phone

On Sep 9, 2012, at 3:16, Corwin Harris <corwin.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

--
 
 
Re: [makersalliance] New low-cost embedded Cortex-A8 board: Cubieboard Joe Gorse 9/10/12 10:52 AM
Re: [makersalliance] New low-cost embedded Cortex-A8 board: Cubieboard Joe ODonnell 9/11/12 8:04 AM
 Thanks for the info, this board appears to be the only way to connect pre 3.1 Android devices to io using usb. Has any one gotten the Android 3.1+ usb java libraries to work with a device like a keyboard? Or ideally a usb to serial terminal connection? Has any one tried skype on a droid tablet and been happy with it? I'm working on a telepresence robot.

Joe



--- On Mon, 9/10/12, Joe Gorse <jhg...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Joe Gorse <jhg...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [makersalliance] New low-cost embedded Cortex-A8 board: Cubieboard
To: makersa...@googlegroups.com
Date: Monday, September 10, 2012, 1:51 PM

Joe O.,

The IOIO is a good place to start that quest.

Cheers,
Joe G.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Joe O'Donnell <joseph.odonnell@yahoo.com> wrote:
 I found it listed somewhere for $50. It's specs are about double the $25 Raspberry pi. When the 80 Mhz Stellaris is released, it may be capable of running a stripped down Linux with the addition of an sdcard and/or fram chip, for about $10 or less in parts.

 If any one knows how to connect usb devices to android phones, it would be most fortuitous if you showed up tomorrow, because I am working on connecting a droid phone to a usb motor controller. You will be rewarded with beer, a wonderful sense of having aided society and the priceless company of hackers.



--- On Mon, 9/10/12, Joe Gorse <jhgorse@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Joe Gorse <jhgorse@gmail.com>

Subject: Re: [makersalliance] New low-cost embedded Cortex-A8 board: Cubieboard
To: "makersalliance@googlegroups.com" <makersalliance@googlegroups.com>
Cc: "makersalliance@googlegroups.com" <makersalliance@googlegroups.com>

Date: Monday, September 10, 2012, 12:51 PM

"How much will it cost?

An ARM and a leg?!"

And thus began the Pun War of 2012.

Sent from my mobile phone

On Sep 9, 2012, at 3:16, Corwin Harris <corwin.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

--
 
 

--
 
 



--
Joe Gorse


--
 
 
Google hangout Joe ODonnell 9/12/12 4:50 PM
 Does anyone know how to access the google hangout displaying the camera feed? I can see the post listing it, but I haven't found any links to the camera display.

https://plus.google.com/110969992689983003263/posts

Re: Google hangout Corwin Harris 9/13/12 9:48 AM
I think it went offline due to inactivity. It was kinda a hack and needs to be rewired, reconfigured. I think there's also some additional config options for feeds versus hangouts. Anyhow, I'll fix it when I get in this afternoon.