ata0: FAILURE - zero length DMA transfer attempted

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
ata0: FAILURE - zero length DMA transfer attempted Jimmy Kelley 9/26/13 6:26 PM
Just finishing build/install world/kernel on what
I guess is 10-APLHA3 (r255900), and after rebooting
I'm seeing a constant stream of
 ata0: FAILURE - zero length DMA transfer attempted
 ata0: setting up DMA failed
on the console.
Everything appears to be working, but I've never
seen this before.

Jimmy
Re: ata0: FAILURE - zero length DMA transfer attempted Jimmy Kelley 9/27/13 5:01 AM
By commenting out all services enabled in /etc/rc.conf
and then uncommenting them one-by-one, I tracked it down
to hald.  Forced a rebuild of that port (sysutils/hal)
and that fixed the problem.

Jimmy