Changing a user's email address through the API

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
Changing a user's email address through the API Ram Rachum 10/3/12 10:55 AM
Hi,

I'm using Chimpy to control my Mailchimp list.

I want to edit a user's email address on my list. (I want to do that rather than unsubscribe him and then subscribe him under a new email because I don't want to lose any of his data.)

I managed to get the user's ID, and I saw the documentation for `listUpdateMember`, but I don't know how to use `listUpdateMember` to edit the email. Can you please show me?

Thanks for your help,
Ram Rachum.
Re: Changing a user's email address through the API jesse 10/4/12 3:18 AM
The documentation is complete and there is an example which should roughly similar for most wrappers:
http://apidocs.mailchimp.com/api/rtfm/listupdatemember.func.php

What's the actual problem?

jesse
Re: Changing a user's email address through the API Ram Rachum 10/4/12 3:28 AM
The problem: Change a subscriber's email address. I see neither how the documentation explains how to do that nor how the example demonstrates how to do that. Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks,
Ram.

Re: Changing a user's email address through the API jesse 10/4/12 3:33 AM
Yes - the docs say and link to the listSubscribe docs for how to send merge_vars - there it clearly explains what you need to do.

jesse
Re: Changing a user's email address through the API Ram Rachum 10/4/12 3:35 AM
Ah, now that I followed the link to merge_vars I understand. It wasn't clear as it is. Thank you Jesse.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mailchimp-api-discuss/-/-JukANHtOMgJ.