Global Game Jam at LVL1

Showing 1-21 of 21 messages
Global Game Jam at LVL1 Mike Revel 1/14/14 6:00 PM
Those interested in participating at the Global Game Jam here at LVL1 should either respond in this thread or email me directly at mjr...@gmail.com.

What is Global Game Jam?

http://globalgamejam.org
Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Mike Revel 1/14/14 6:07 PM
Also, you will need to create an account at http://globalgamejam.org. You can also directly join our jam after completing registration at http://globalgamejam.org/2014/jam-sites/lvl1-hackerspace-game-jam
Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Alex Bezuska 1/14/14 10:28 PM
Hey Mike, thanks for creating this, I have also created a small webpage we can use to promote the event and re-route people to the right places to sign-up: http://louisvilleglobalgamejam.github.io/

Let me know if you think I need to add anything/change anything.  And I will change the "i will be there" link to go to http://globalgamejam.org/2014/jam-sites/lvl1-hackerspace-game-jam once their page is working.  Thanks again, this is going to be awesome!

Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Travis 1/15/14 6:44 AM
Is there a place to see the rules of this event? For example are you allowed t use a engine and if so which ones, also say if it was 3d are you allowed to use assets that have been made already or do you need to create everything from scratch during the event?

On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:00:59 PM UTC-5, Mike Revel wrote:
Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Mike Revel 1/15/14 8:04 AM
Meeting with the main coordinator tonight before 6pm. Along with getting approval our location I'll check up on any additional rules. in the mean time here's a list of FAQ's http://globalgamejam.org/faq
Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Mike Revel 1/15/14 9:23 AM
We're approved.

On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 6:28:34 AM UTC, Alex Bezuska wrote:
Hey Mike, thanks for creating this, I have also created a small webpage we can use to promote the event and re-route people to the right places to sign-up: http://louisvilleglobalgamejam.github.io/

Let me know if you think I need to add anything/change anything.  And I will change the "i will be there" link to go to http://globalgamejam.org/2014/jam-sites/lvl1-hackerspace-game-jam once their page is working.  Thanks again, this is going to be awesome!

Re: {LVL1} Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Alex Bezuska 1/15/14 9:43 AM
Awesome Mike!  Can we figure out a time for you and your group, Eric, and I to meet up and see what we need to do to plan/prepare?

I can bring food/snacks/drinks and help facilitate and I am also realty excited to participate.

Thanks again.
-Alex

    Alex Bezuska
    714 423 7411

    Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Eric Lathrop 1/15/14 8:00 PM
    I'm going to be there!

    On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:00:59 PM UTC-5, Mike Revel wrote:
    Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Charles Waddell 1/15/14 8:42 PM
    I'm in! Unless told otherwise :)
    Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 timk 1/18/14 3:51 PM
    Great to see a Louisville jam group!

    Lexington's game developer group, Run Jump Dev, is hosting a GGJ location, too: http://runjumpdev.org/events/ggj2014/

    One week 'til launch; good luck, all.

    -Tim

    On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:00:59 PM UTC-5, Mike Revel wrote:
    Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Bill Merkley 1/20/14 10:32 AM
    FYI, site is down.
    Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Joseph Dukes 1/20/14 11:15 AM
    My time is very limited this weekend, but I'd like to stop by and see what you guys/gals end up working on. I'm guessing I won't need to register on globalgamejam.org to do that.
    Joe

    On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:00:59 PM UTC-5, Mike Revel wrote:
    Re: {LVL1} Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Alexis Tallent 1/20/14 9:08 PM
    For some reason I had been mistaken about which weekend it is. I'll be at Ohayocon for this one, sadly, so I'm going to have to sit this out.

    Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Mike Revel 1/21/14 10:37 AM
    Nope, feel free to stop on by.
    Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Mike Revel 1/21/14 10:38 AM
    It's back up now.
    Re: {LVL1} Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Alex Bezuska 1/21/14 11:13 AM
    It's probably going to be getting hit hard this week.

      Alex Bezuska
      714 423 7411

      Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Joseph Dukes 1/26/14 2:52 PM
      Just finished playing 2 of the 3 games (I can't play Kinectomancer). Harpy Slayer Saga gave me motion sickness within a minute or two, so I had to give up on the maze. I typically can't watch anything in 3D or shot in 1st-person. I spent 90% of Avatar 3D hiding under my hat and I have gotten sick more than once because of shaky camerawork.
      Apartment 213 was fun. I'm still not sure what I was trying to get the cat to do. Was he/she leading the owl to do dishes? Regardless, I laughed several times during the game. I liked the background scenery and changes made on each level. I may have to hang an egg and bacon picture on my living room wall.
      Joe

      On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:00:59 PM UTC-5, Mike Revel wrote:
      Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Joseph Dukes 1/26/14 2:59 PM
      I figured out what the cat is supposed to do. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't played. The whole thing has me cracking up.
      Joe
      Re: {LVL1} Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Brian P. Wagner 1/27/14 5:32 AM
      Where can I play these games?  Was game jam a sucess?

      Re: {LVL1} Re: Global Game Jam at LVL1 Travis 1/27/14 5:34 AM
      --
      Travis Garrison
      http://www.ihdlive.com

        Alex Bezuska