Windows install problem with rmagick

Showing 1-10 of 10 messages
Windows install problem with rmagick mr_robd_lon 5/8/12 2:46 AM
I have followed the windows setup instructions from  http://locomotive.cl0.vanillaforums.com/discussion/3/windows-installation/p1?post#Form_Body

When I run the web server I receive the following error:  `method_missing': undefined method `strip' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError

Has anybody experienced the before?
Re: Windows install problem with rmagick mr_robd_lon 5/8/12 3:28 AM
At least I think that this is related to rmagick... I'm very new to Ruby and RoR, also a bit sick for not setting up a nix vm for my Ruby dev, but no time to do that now...
Re: Windows install problem with rmagick mr_robd_lon 5/9/12 8:28 AM
Never mind - Wrong PATH value for rmagick

On Tuesday, May 8, 2012 10:46:25 AM UTC+1, mr_robd_lon wrote:
Re: Windows install problem with rmagick mr_robd_lon 5/9/12 2:37 PM
PATH Problem was a red herring.

The actual cause was the bash command which in dragonfly.rb doesn't work on windows.

  #convert = `which convert`.strip.presence || "/usr/local/bin/convert"
  convert = "C:\ImageMagick656Q8"

On Tuesday, May 8, 2012 10:46:25 AM UTC+1, mr_robd_lon wrote:
Re: Windows install problem with rmagick did 1/6/14 1:03 AM
hey Mr Rob!

I'm willing to add that officially in Wagon but could we rely on a shell variable for the path to ImageMagick instead of having it hard-coded?
thanks!

  Didier

Le mercredi 9 mai 2012 23:37:27 UTC+2, mr_robd_lon a écrit :
Re: Windows install problem with rmagick mr_robd_lon 1/6/14 1:28 AM

Hi Didier,

That sounds like the best solution.

I've moved to Ubuntu for all my Rails stuff, too much pain to do anything RoR on Windows :-)

Re: Windows install problem with rmagick did 1/6/14 1:31 AM
Glad you moved to Linux! Windows is not a great OS for development (unless, of course, you do Microsoft dev) :-)

About the original issue, could we use $MAGICK_HOME?

--
Didier Lafforgue
Re: Windows install problem with rmagick mr_robd_lon 1/6/14 1:36 AM

I'd be inclined to go for IMG_MAGICK,  a bit more descriptive for new-comers, that way if it's missing, a Google search will put them on the right track.

Re: Windows install problem with rmagick mr_robd_lon 1/6/14 1:37 AM

Sorry I meant : IMG_MAGICK_HOME

On 6 Jan 2014 09:31, "Didier Lafforgue" <didier.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
Re: Windows install problem with rmagick did 1/6/14 2:08 AM
From the official documentation site (http://www.imagemagick.org/www/resources.html), they use $MAGICK_HOME.
Does IMG_MAGICK_HOME work from a fresh installation?

--
Didier Lafforgue