|Bug#677964: mediatomb: ignores symbolic links||Jona Schuman||6/18/12 2:20 AM|
Tags: upstream patch
Mediatomb does not recognize symbolics links to media files.
* What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
1. Add directory to Mediatomb's index through web interface.
2. Select inotify-based autoscanning.
3. Add appropriate media file to said directory.
( cp supportedMedia.avi /indexedMediaDirectory/ )
4. Create a symlink to said media file within said directory.
( cd /indexedMediaDirectory ; ln -s supportedMedia.avi linkedMedia.avi )
5. Browse directory, play content on client device.
* What was the outcome of this action?
Regular file is indexed and streamable, symlink is not.
* What outcome did you expect instead?
Symlink should be indexed and streamable.
Suggested patch attached.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
APT prefers testing
APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-2-686-pae (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=en_CA.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_CA.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Versions of packages mediatomb depends on:
ii chromium [www-browser] 18.0.1025.151~r130497-1
ii epiphany-browser [www-browser] 3.4.2-1
ii iceweasel [www-browser] 10.0.5esr-1
ii lynx-cur [www-browser] 2.8.8dev.12-2
ii mediatomb-daemon 0.12.1-4
mediatomb recommends no packages.
mediatomb suggests no packages.
-- debconf-show failed