.skp ->.avi

Showing 1-17 of 17 messages
.skp ->.avi Schmandy 9/23/09 2:29 PM
Hey SU people,

I am in need of a quick favor...I have Sketchup 7 Basic. Not Pro, and
No LO. I built a model for a presentation and was hoping I could get
my model to spin in PwrPnt. Turns out I can't unless I buy the Pro
version. I cannot afford Pro, nor do I believe I will be using SU much
in the future. Would some one be willing to take my .skp file and make
it into an .avi file for me???  Its basically a cylinder model and i
would like it to spin 360 degrees laterally (as a globe would, but @ a
90 degree angle).

Please let me know if you can help me out!

Thanks,
AS
Re: None .skp ->.avi Colin Holgate 9/23/09 2:42 PM

On Sep 23, 2009, at 5:29 PM, Schmandy wrote:

> Please let me know if you can help me out!

Do you know that the free version can export animation to AVI, just as
well as the Pro version can?

Re: None .skp ->.avi Schmandy 9/23/09 2:50 PM
No i didn't know that. I am real new to SU. Could you tell me how I
would do that??? Thanks
Re: None Re: .skp ->.avi Colin Holgate 9/23/09 3:03 PM

On Sep 23, 2009, at 5:50 PM, Schmandy wrote:

> No i didn't know that. I am real new to SU. Could you tell me how I
> would do that??? Thanks

It would take a while to explain it all, but the basics are that you
set up a few scenes where the camera has moved in some way, until
you're at the point that you can click on each scene label and you get
the kind of animation you want. Then you go to the File menu, Export,
Animation, AVI. In the options you can set the size and frame rate
that it should be.

There are other complications, but try to get that far, and ask new
questions for things that don't work out for you.

Re: None Re: .skp ->.avi Schmandy 9/23/09 3:19 PM
ok thanks, sounds familiar to what I have been attempting to do... I
must be missing something. I will check it out again however.
Appreciate the help.
Re: None Re: .skp ->.avi Schmandy 9/23/09 3:25 PM
ok, Just looked @ it again. When I go to export, my 'animation' option
is not assessable. Its that light gray color/ unhighlight-able... Did
I DL a weird version where its not an option??

On Sep 23, 3:03 pm, Colin Holgate <co...@verizon.net> wrote:
Re: None Re: .skp ->.avi Colin Holgate 9/23/09 5:23 PM
You would need to have at least two scenes for the Animation option to
be available.
Re: None Re: .skp ->.avi Schmandy 9/23/09 8:34 PM
lol, ok thanks Colin. I think I figured it out. My prob now is, once I
export the file, and insert the .avi into my pres, it won't play.. it
just blanks out/ goes black... any suggestions? Looks like it
automatically exports thru quicktime player.
Re: None Re: .skp ->.avi Colin Holgate 9/23/09 8:39 PM
It happens to use Cinepak, but it's not QuickTime. PowerPoint has
never been too flexible with video types, you may need to recompress
the video through another tool to get a more generic AVI file.
Re: None Re: .skp ->.avi Schmandy 9/23/09 9:13 PM
Ok, thanks, I'll give it a shot.
Re: None Re: .skp ->.avi jimarnold 9/24/09 4:26 AM

I have tried multiple times to unsibscribe to this thread, please help!!!