Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers.

Showing 1-63 of 63 messages
Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Anjin Meili 6/11/14 1:38 PM

These are reputed to be the best vibration isolation available.  They do add 6mm to the front of each motor, and will require some adjustments, but have been proven thru multiple builders in Delta designs.

Another user provided these sources:

"Here are two sources for Astrosyn dampeners:

For $23/set of 3, including shipping:

For $22.50/set of 3, plus shipping:

What price can you offer them for with air mail shipping in the USA?"

If we buy these direct, in qty 10, the price per unit is 4.62USD each (exchange rate depending).  A significant savings over just buying 3 from the above sources.

The next major price break is most likely at 100 units, and I have inquired for the break at 300 units.  The question is how many folks would want to join forces so we can obtain this upgrade as inexpensive as possible?

If we can get enough folks together, I will make the order and handle the logistics.  Costs will be based on actual costs, divided by requests, plus shipping.  I will update this thread as I get information from the vendor.  This purchase is provisional on the deal we can cut with the vendor, and how many folks participate.

Cheers
Anjin Meili
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Doug Fletcher 6/11/14 5:37 PM
You can put me down for two sets (6 total)

Doug Fletcher
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Anjin Meili 6/12/14 9:39 AM
Got the quote back from Astrosyn.  100 @ 2.65 per, and 200 @ 2.35 per.  That's pounds, so 4.46 a unit if 33 sets are obtained, dropping down to 3.95 a unit if 66 sets are sourced.

So... 13.38 to 11.85, at todays exchange rate.  Compared to 10 @ 4.62 USD per, or 13.86.  Price for logistics on 200 units will probably be less per unit then at 10.  But this is still an unknown.  Will update as information is discovered.

Cheers
Anjin
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Michael Carter 6/12/14 11:23 AM
I am in for a single set or 3 as well.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Steffen 6/12/14 11:27 AM
I'd be interested in a single set of 3, too.

    Steffen

Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Haydn Huntley 6/12/14 1:55 PM
Count me in for three sets.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Noel Clarke 6/12/14 2:47 PM
2 sets (6 for me)
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Anjin Meili 6/13/14 10:56 AM
Looks like there is enough interest to get started.  I will monitor this thread and track requests, and when/if we hit 100 units, or after 4 weeks time... will setup the order.  I work for one of those big global multinationals with a 3 letter name, and can get a box shipped from England to the US for free by including it with a normal weekly shipment.  So costs will be based on actual per unit price plus shipping to final destination.

As this is a courtesy to the group, I want to be clear I will not be acting as a vendor.  Only a organizer.  While I expect to have extras at the end of this, and may be able to provide replacements if needed, I wish to stress now that I am not charging a markup, or taking a fee.  So please do not expect me to supply service and support.  Read the reviews and notes from others before committing.  And please, for the good of the group, if you commit, follow thru.  I will ask to collect funds just before I order via Paypal, at cost per plus estimated shipping (typically just 4 to 5 bucks via USPS priority, but adjust as required if you live out of the US)

To review, order will be made when we hit 100 requested OR 4 weeks.  Shipping to the US will take approx 1 week, and fulfillment to buyers will take another week.  And again, do not view me as a vendor, only an organizer who wants a few of the same... and will be paying the same for them.

Cheers
Anjin
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. david....@gmail.com 6/18/14 6:17 AM
I'm interested in at least two sets. I'm curious, too, if anyone has found it useful to have dampeners on the extruder. I think I'm going to be leaning that direction.

Also, it's worth posting a thread in the deltabot google groups (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/deltabot). There's a good chance that everyone who wants them has already bought them, but the reduced price might pull some people out of the woodwork (e.g. me).
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Haydn Huntley 6/18/14 10:42 AM
I created a spreadsheet to keep track of the interest.  It is at:

Anyone can view it.
Send corrections (or additional information) to me and I'll be happy to update it ASAP.

Currently we're at 46 units.  Anjin said he'll make the purchase when we reach 100 units or 4 weeks (Friday, July 11th).

I hope this helps us be better organized.  :-)
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. bkha...@gmail.com 6/18/14 11:20 AM
Haydn,

Please put me down for 4 (four) sets.  That 12 (twelve) total.

Thanks,
Brian
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Haydn Huntley 6/18/14 12:18 PM
I just added Brian, we're currently at 58% of our goal of 100 pieces.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. ixopos 6/18/14 12:19 PM
In for a set.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Haydn Huntley 6/18/14 12:24 PM
@ixopos, You're also added for a set.  Now we're at 61%.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Frank Rodriguez 6/18/14 12:45 PM
Put me down for 1 set of 3.
Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. chri...@live.ca 6/18/14 12:53 PM
Put me down for one set (3 total)

Thanks,
  Chris

Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. grlim...@gmail.com 6/18/14 1:03 PM
I would like 2 sets, total of 6.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Haydn Huntley 6/18/14 1:07 PM
I've added Frank Rodriguez for one set, Chris Karg for one set, and grlim...@gmail.com for 2 sets.

Now we're at 73%.

From now on, I'll probably update this only a few times per day.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. grlim...@gmail.com 6/18/14 1:13 PM
Is the final price known at this time?  I wasn't sure from the above, so just to be clear, what would 2 sets of 6 with US shipping be?  This is to be sent via paypal to who?
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Haydn Huntley 6/18/14 1:18 PM
The final price is not known at this time -- it will depend on how many sets are purchased.
It should be under $14 per set of 3.  Air mail is pretty reasonable, so 3 sets with US shipping should be something like $30 to $35.
I expect we'll be paying Anjin.

I just thought I'd maintain a spreadsheet to help keep us organized -- I'm looking forward to getting to 100 and placing the order -- I've got printers to build!  :-)
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Wing Wong 6/18/14 1:33 PM
@Haydn, thanks for giving me a heads up on this cool buy-in.

Please put me down for 4 sets.

Wing.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. grlim...@gmail.com 6/18/14 1:38 PM

 "Air mail is pretty reasonable, so 3 sets with US shipping should be something like $30 to $35."

I think you meant 2 sets of three would be 30-35, right? Anyway, after re-reading the above, I guess it depends somewhat on the exchange rate when the order is placed.

Thanks much to Anjin and you for doing all this!
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Haydn Huntley 6/18/14 1:45 PM
Oops!  You're right!  Thank you for correcting me on that!  :-)
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Anjin Meili 6/18/14 2:44 PM
Wowser.. Thanks for the help Haydn.

My management is going to allow us to slip the box of dampers into another shipment coming to Seattle from the UK.  So that covers the costs of getting them to the US.  Thank IBM for letting us piggy back.  Figure 10 days to get the units from the UK to the US.

Hayden, I will be getting extras as well have needs for a few... So put my line in the sheet at 10 sets, or 30 units.  So kind of you setting the tracking sheet up, and huge thank you.  Based on the response, I am gonna go out on a limb and do the honor system and just order them and let folks pay after.  Once I have the box on hand, will send an email to all reserves with a paypal bill.  Bill will be based on the actual cost per unit, plus postage to get it to you.  Once paid via PayPal (buyer pays all fees), will ship them to you.   Thankfully packing is free (USPS Priority boxes)... so it all works out easy enough.

And again, this is a group purchase with no profit taken.  Lowest price possible for the group, but no support or warranty from anyone save the manufacturer.

Cheers
Anjin
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Anjin Meili 6/18/14 2:47 PM
Best guess right now is 13.00 per set, not counting postage to get them to you.  But it will end up being

Cost =  (( the invoice price / total units ) * units you ordered ) + postage to your door

And that is looking to be around 13 bucks + postage to you.

Cheers
Anjin
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. BH 6/18/14 4:00 PM
Anjin & Haydn,  Please put me down for 10 sets of NEMA 17 Dampers for a total of 30 dampers.

Best, Bill Hearn
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. thor...@gmail.com 6/18/14 4:56 PM
Anjin & Haydn,  Please also put me down for 10 sets of NEMA 17 Dampers for a total of 30 dampers. Thanks for handling the group buy!

Does anyone have a CAD model of these dampers? I would like to play with them before they show up at the door!
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. ray....@gmail.com 6/18/14 6:19 PM
Please put me down for 2 sets of NEMA 17 dampers

I've attached a quick model I made from the Astrosyn diagrams:

Thanks!
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Anjin Meili 6/18/14 10:03 PM
I have added to Haydn's great tracking spreadsheet a new sheet with the Astrosyn quote broke down.  Added a dynamic GBP to USD converter and priced the lots for folks on the orders sheet.

I asked for a qty 500+ price as well, and will insert that as I get it.  Nearly at the 200 mark already.

Cheers
Anjin
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. brent sagnotti 6/18/14 10:09 PM
Thanks guys! Hope these do what they say even though I don't think my kossel is that loud. Add me for 2 sets (6) total. :-)
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Eugene Lee 6/18/14 11:13 PM
Anyone from Australia want to piggyback this group buy?

I'm looking to put myself down for 3 sets (9 pieces) but a little worried about international shipping to AUS.I do however have a subscription with Shipito, a mail forwarding company in the US and they have great rates for shipping to Australia.

In the mean time, Anjin please put me down for 3 sets, thanks! Anyone who wants to share the cost of shipping to Australia is welcome to contact me.

Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Haydn Huntley 6/19/14 12:37 AM
We're currently at 205!

This sure shows something about price elasticity!  :-)
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Nota Pipsqueak 6/19/14 7:09 AM
Put me down for 4 sets(12 dampers). I would appreciate it if you could let me know what the shipping for that would be. :)
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Danilo Napalan 6/19/14 7:50 AM
I would be interested in a set of 3, at least one of us would be making a redesign of our existing mounts to work with the clear
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Mynasru 6/19/14 8:55 AM
I'm interested in 1 set of 4 (if it is possible). Shipping to EU.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. center...@gmail.com 6/19/14 9:36 AM
Please include me for one set (to US) -- and thanks for coordinating this!
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. BH 6/19/14 10:10 AM
Anjin & Haydn,

Is it possible to add some NEMA 23 Dampers from Astrosyn?

Best, Bill Hearn
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. andre...@gmail.com 6/19/14 11:19 AM
Thanks so much for organizing the group buy!

Please sign me up for 4 pieces. Or, if it's easier to deal exclusively with sets of 3, I'll take two sets.

Many thanks!

unk...@googlegroups.com 6/19/14 11:45 AM <This message has been deleted.>
unk...@googlegroups.com 6/19/14 11:46 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. armstro...@gmail.com 6/19/14 11:47 AM
Ok. I will take 2 sets (6 total dampeners).

- James Armstrong

Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. punkassbob 6/19/14 9:03 PM
Sign me up for 1 set of 3 please.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. luke%l...@gtempaccount.com 6/19/14 9:32 PM
I'm in for 2 sets of 6 please
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Haydn Huntley 6/19/14 10:21 PM
Currently we have 28 participants for 242 pieces, but the torrid pace is finally cooling off.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. cic...@gmail.com 6/19/14 11:48 PM
Haydn,

Thanks for leading the charge on this. Please sign me up for 1 set of 3.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. zendesigner 6/20/14 12:40 AM
please also for me a set of 3 pieces.  Shipping to Belgium !

bart -at- adinternet.com
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. nickel...@gmail.com 6/20/14 12:53 PM
Please put me down for one set of three.  bizman1001 [at] yahoo [dot] com.  Thank you
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. redfo...@gmail.com 6/22/14 11:27 PM
If it is not too late, I would like to be put down for one set of three pieces.

Thanks for doing this!
Vincent
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Haydn Huntley 6/23/14 12:47 PM
At this point we're at 284 pieces in our collective order.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. John McNabb 6/24/14 10:45 AM
Count me in for two sets.  Thanks for organizing this.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Anjin Meili 6/24/14 4:02 PM
Sorry, have been away from keys a couple days.  And will be away for a few more coming.

I can ask, but I am sure they will hold us to qty of a model number for the person asking about NEMA23.

We have enough to get a good advantage now.  Will not be much better without hitting tens of thousands of units.

Please confirm an order with an email to an...@skyhighatry.com, and a subject with 'astrosyn' in the string.  Quanity + destination address.  I will process these end of week with a confirmed count and reply with cost + shipping to you.  Need confirmation by Sunday night, as I plan on ordering Monday morning.  Interest seems high enough perhaps BEL or others can stock it without a double the price fee..

Please note that any email with "astrosyn" in the subject is going to get filtered for procmail, so avoid the string if your trying to reach me direct.

Cheers
Anjin
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. armstro...@gmail.com 6/30/14 1:56 PM
Are we at the point of ordering yet or still waiting. I was just reminded of this group buy after I sent $$ for the balls on another thread.

- James
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Pezgarden now 7/2/14 1:50 AM
I would like one set, I'm in CA.  Thank you.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. BH 7/2/14 5:36 PM
Any news on the status of the order and method of payment?
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Haydn Huntley 7/14/14 2:11 PM
I have emailed Anjin twice regarding this project, but he hasn't replied to either message.
The last communication I've seen from Anjin was the one above on 6/24.

For the projects I'm working on, I'll need to get the dampers in the next few weeks, in order for them to be useful.

I'm not sure what to do...

I contacted Astrosyn to get a quote on 100 dampers *including* shipping to the USA, and the price was 310 GBP, which is about $527.
If I allow $4 for a padded envelope and US air mail postage, and $0.90 for PayPal's fees, my cost for a set of three would be: $20.71.

In the past, I've purchased a set of these from Thomas S for $23/set, including US shipping:  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/deltabot/conus/deltabot/pwESzDy0AYA/i2mX7OnutCgJ

Honestly, I don't think I mind paying $2.29 a set (or $0.76 each) and letting someone else handle all of the details.

TriDPrinting.com also sells them for $22.50, plus shipping, in case there is something else you'd like to order along with your dampeners.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Wing Wong 7/14/14 2:22 PM
@haydn, once again, thanks for handling all of this.

Though, I'm in a similar situation, been holding off installing my stepper motors pending this, thinking it was going to be a shorter timeframe than it is turning out to be. :)

I was down for 4 sets, please take me off the buy-list. I'm going to focus on completing my MK with the silicone sheeting I had on hand.

Thanks!

Wing.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. grlim...@gmail.com 7/16/14 8:59 AM
please remove grlim...@gmail.com from the list, order of 2 sets or 6 pieces.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Nota Pipsqueak 7/16/14 9:06 AM
This seems to be taking far longer than I'd anticipated so please remove me from the group buy as well. I will purchase elsewhere.

Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. brent sagnotti 7/16/14 12:28 PM
Please remove my 2 sets. I have a friend in town with some for sale.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Haydn Huntley 7/16/14 1:01 PM
Hi Wing, Grimlin, Nota, and Brent,

I've removed your lines from the spreadsheet, and mine as well.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Nota Pipsqueak 7/16/14 1:06 PM
Thanks Haydn. Appreciate it.

Shame this looks like it's gonna fall through :(
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. Wing Wong 7/16/14 1:31 PM
Thanks Haydyn!

W.
Re: Group purchase of Astrosyn NEMA 17 Stepper Motor Vibration Dampers. cng...@gmail.com 8/7/14 6:11 AM
I this still going on?

If it is, I'd be interested in two sets in the UK
More topics »