I'm a KML idiot and I need help

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
I'm a KML idiot and I need help bran100 7/13/05 9:04 PM
I want to map the data that is listed on this site....
http://www.lasocpr.lsp.org/Static/Search.htm ( Do a search on my town of Lafayette).

So if I can get a data dump, or copy/paste the data from that site, how do I list street addresses in a KMZ file so they can be mapped?

I tried reading the various documentation, but can't figure out how to list multiple addresses.

Can someone mock up an example of about 3-5 addresses in a KMZ so I can replicate?

I really appreciate your help!

Brandon

Oh, and I want a hyperlink in the description that links to the person's profile page. (such as this..... http://170.145.102.3/SOCPR/default.asp?Category=SOCPR&Service=LASP_SOF_Rec&sid=000930578).

Kind of creepy isn't it.
Re: I'm a KML idiot and I need help MightyPete 7/14/05 12:31 AM
Use the hunt and peck method. Make a new folder in My places, find and mark the different spots with the new placement icons saving every single one separately to that new folder.

Save that folder when they all have checkmarks to a new kmz file.

I think I'd double click on it then and check it. It will import to temporary places.
Re: I'm a KML idiot and I need help ink_polaroid 7/14/05 9:20 AM
Code:
<Folder>
<Placemark>
<address>1234 Main St, Anytown, ST</address>
</Placemark>
<Placemark>
<address>2345 Main St, Anytown, ST</address>
</Placemark>
<Placemark>
<address>3456 Main St, Anytown, ST</address>
</Placemark>
</Folder>

Google Earth will do the hard stuff for you.