Duplicate provider authority error when installing K-9 mail

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
Duplicate provider authority error when installing K-9 mail Joseph Aldeguer 12/16/11 6:50 PM
I can't install K-9 mail(from android market) on my HTC sensation XE.
"duplicate provider authority" error always flags.

Re: [k-9-mail] Duplicate provider authority error when installing K-9 mail ashley willis 12/16/11 9:47 PM
Joseph Aldeguer <josephm...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I can't install K-9 mail(from android market) on my HTC sensation XE.
>"duplicate provider authority" error always flags.

from the little info I found online, I'm guessing that another email app on the phone was poorly forked from k9 and didn't change some settings. have you installed other email apps? which ones?
-ashley
--
sent from my modified k-9 mail

Re: Duplicate provider authority error when installing K-9 mail Joseph Aldeguer 12/17/11 10:33 PM

On Dec 17, 1:47 pm, ashley willis <ashleywilli...@gmail.com> wrote:

the email apps on my phone are: Gmail and Mail(app from HTC).

Thanks for your reply! I hope you could help me with this.

Re: Duplicate provider authority error when installing K-9 mail Joseph Aldeguer 1/3/12 5:45 PM

On Dec 18 2011, 2:33 pm, Joseph Aldeguer <josephmaldeg...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Hi guys! Any ideas on how to solve this? thanks!
Re: [k-9-mail] Re: Duplicate provider authority error when installing K-9 mail cketti 1/3/12 5:52 PM

As Ashley wrote before: there has to be an app installed that uses at
least one of the 'provider authorities' used by K-9 Mail:

com.fsck.k9.attachmentprovider
com.fsck.k9.messageprovider

If you have the Android SDK installed on your PC you can try the
following: http://stackoverflow.com/a/4698597