Current Viewer List for a Channel

Showing 1-5 of 6 messages
Current Viewer List for a Channel Tony Sunshine 4/14/12 4:36 PM
Hi,

I see you are working on v2 of the API. I'm just wondering if we'll be
able to get a list of the users currently watching a stream.  I know
this could be done via IRC but it seems a bit overkill for something
I'd expect a website with a API to provide. Also, IRC only tells you
whether someone is a mod or not, it would be great if the API could
return all the levels associated with a user (i.e. moderator, pro,
follower, subscriber, all of the above). I know it would be possible
to check all those (except sub but I think I read you are adding that)
via separate API calls but it would be nice to have it all returned in
1.

Cheers
Re: Current Viewer List for a Channel Mike Ossareh 4/26/12 5:50 PM
Hey Tony,

Funnily enough we were just talking about this today. We're working on a new chat infrastructure, it'll do a better job of owning data about chat (right now split across a few different sub systems), chat is usually a good proxy for who is watching; though not a perfect one (i.e. people that do not load chat, etc).

Could you add it to our issues list as a feature request please: https://github.com/justintv/twitchtvapi/issues

Re: Current Viewer List for a Channel Tony Sunshine 4/30/12 12:22 AM
Thanks Mike,

Done: https://github.com/justintv/twitchtvapi/issues/3

A chat list would be fine for me. My reasoning for wanting it is to
make something better and more automatic for streamers than random.org
when they are doing giveaways

On Apr 27, 1:50 am, Mike Ossareh <ossa...@twitch.tv> wrote:
> Hey Tony,
>
> Funnily enough we were just talking about this today. We're working on a
> new chat infrastructure, it'll do a better job of owning data about chat
> (right now split across a few different sub systems), chat is usually a
> good proxy for who is watching; though not a perfect one (i.e. people that
> do not load chat, etc).
>
> Could you add it to our issues list as a feature request please:https://github.com/justintv/twitchtvapi/issues

Re: Current Viewer List for a Channel Mike Ossareh 5/1/12 11:03 AM
Tony, that sounds great!

We'll let you know when we get there.
Re: Current Viewer List for a Channel peteca...@gmail.com 11/16/12 4:36 PM
Any updates on this? Has the issue been added to the API, and if so could you point me to it? I'm looking to do something similar.

Tony,
Any promising updates on your work?

Cheers,
- VR