Islandora 6 or 7?

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
Islandora 6 or 7? Jeremy Echols 7/27/12 1:39 PM
If we're looking to put together a new system, would it be better to start with 7 so we aren't having to face an upgrade later, or is it still too early in the 7.x lifecycle?  Is there any timeline for when the Drupal 7 version of Islandora will be considered stable?

I'm doing some module work based on the basic image solution pack, and I'm getting the impression that 7 is still in the very early stages.  But I'm also finding that my lack of Drupal and Islandora knowledge is getting in the way a lot, so it's very possible that I'm just misinterpreting what I'm seeing here.

Thoughts?
Re: [islandora] Islandora 6 or 7? Jeremy Echols 8/1/12 9:19 AM
This helps a great deal, thanks!
Re: [islandora] Islandora 6 or 7? Rosemary Le Faive 8/27/12 2:19 PM
How's I7 coming?

I've installed the 7.x Release branch from islandora/islandora, and the most recent commit was over 2 months ago. I'm wondering if I've got the right version, or if there's another public branch that the Drupal 7 commits are going to?

Thanks!

-Rosemary Le Faive