Is Intype will always be free?

Showing 1-14 of 14 messages
Is Intype will always be free? Yossi Zach 1/23/12 8:50 AM
I'm sure that developers behind it spend lots of time and efforts to create such a great product.

What is your business model?
Re: Is Intype will always be free? Martin Cohen 1/23/12 3:53 PM
Intype will follow a classic commercial business model when we reach 1.0.

--
Martin "Cohen" Balážik
Re: Is Intype will always be free? Sreejith K 2/3/12 9:00 PM

On 22 February 2012 17:07, Eric Jackson <eric...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just joined this group to say I won't be using inType once 1.0 is released. Considering how light weight this is in comparison to Notepad++, but will cost, I can't in my right mind use it.

--
Martin "Cohen" Balážik
Re: Is Intype will always be free? submorphic 2/23/12 7:11 AM
Just joined this group to say I've been following you guys for about a year now and am excited for your v1.0 release! Time is money and money enables you to consistently come through for your community. Keep up the good work guys!
(Shut up and take my money)
Re: Is Intype will always be free? Martin Cohen 2/23/12 9:03 AM
@submorphic: I see what you did there! :)

On 23 February 2012 16:11, submorphic <pol...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just joined this group to say I've been following you guys for about a year now and am excited for your v1.0 release! Time is money and money enables you to consistently come through for your community. Keep up the good work guys!
(Shut up and take my money)

--
Martin "Cohen" Balážik
Re: Is Intype will always be free? serfe61 2/23/12 9:04 PM
I loves Intype since i saw it in a Prado's tuto.
For 3rd world's people is always expensive and difficult to buy software. Please differentiated prices by geo area...
Re: Is Intype will always be free? Fuad Saud 2/25/12 4:07 PM
¬¬

Is this the 9gag army spreading? :D

Seriously. I'm supporter of free software and I think it's a good way to build strong software, 'cause you can easily distribute your product and get help from community. But business is business and I think Intype can get a strong community, since IMHO there's no "reference" implementation of a text editor for Windows (I'm not very fan of e-text editor). I just wish a good luck for you guy.

And waiting form 1.0 (it's gonna be expensive, but I think it woth!) :)
Re: Is Intype will always be free? Martin Cohen 2/26/12 12:29 AM
Thank you Fuad!--
Martin "Cohen" Balážik
Re: Is Intype will always be free? Thiago Carvalho 2/29/12 10:47 AM
Can you give us an idea of the price range you guys will follow?
Re: Is Intype will always be free? Honza Sterba (Intype Team) 2/29/12 1:43 PM
Hi,

Let me clarify few things. Intype will follow the good old shareware model. Past 1.0 anyone will be able to download Intype and use it without restrictions for a limited period of time (we're thinking month). After that a license key will be required to use Intype to its fullest potential, however Intype will continue to function in a somehow limited fashion even after the trial period expires. We do not want to disclose our pricing information just yet. All I can say that finding the right price is a big task for us and we are trying really hard to make everyone happy.

Thank you for your continued support, we really appreciate it.

Honza

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:47:22 PM UTC+1, Thiago Carvalho wrote:
Can you give us an idea of the price range you guys will follow?

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:47:22 PM UTC+1, Thiago Carvalho wrote:
Can you give us an idea of the price range you guys will follow?

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:47:22 PM UTC+1, Thiago Carvalho wrote:
Can you give us an idea of the price range you guys will follow?

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:47:22 PM UTC+1, Thiago Carvalho wrote:
Can you give us an idea of the price range you guys will follow?

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:47:22 PM UTC+1, Thiago Carvalho wrote:
Can you give us an idea of the price range you guys will follow?

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:47:22 PM UTC+1, Thiago Carvalho wrote:
Can you give us an idea of the price range you guys will follow?

Re: Is Intype will always be free? Gahan 3/7/12 2:44 AM
Hi,

Just found this app from alternativeto.net (Alternative to Aptana Studio). From a glance, it looks to be exactly what I'm looking for! I know you guys are reluctant to giving away your pricing details (understandable) and I hate to pry but... just one question about the price - What are we looking at? 2 figures / 3 figures? Personally, I would be happy to pay a 2 figure price... Not so sure about anything over 100 though. :)

Regards,
Gahan
Re: Is Intype will always be free? Martin Cohen 3/7/12 3:26 AM
2 figures. :)--
Martin "Cohen" Balážik