Croton bonplandianum from Hooghly

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
Croton bonplandianum from Hooghly surajitkoley 5/4/12 10:06 AM
Sir / Madam,

This is a common wild herb found along roadside hedges. I remember that we used to apply its faintly milky white latex on our minor wounds & bruises while playing in our childhood. Much later i heard / read (?) that like our own saliva plant sap also contains lysozyme that helps fight bacteria and thereby quicken healing of wounds.

Species : Croton bonplandianum Baill.
Habit & Habitat : wild herb, roadside, uncultivated area
Date : 15-03-12, 10.15 a.m.
Place : Hooghly, WB

Thank you & Regards,

Surajit Koley
Re: [efloraofindia:115600] Croton bonplandianum from Hooghly Satish Phadke 5/4/12 10:13 AM
Yes very good capture.--
Dr Satish Phadke
Re: [efloraofindia:115600] Croton bonplandianum from Hooghly surajitkoley 5/4/12 10:24 AM
Thank you Satish Sir for confirming the ID as well as info on lysozymes.

Regards,

surajit
Re: [efloraofindia:115605] Croton bonplandianum from Hooghly Gurcharan Singh 5/4/12 8:32 PM
Yes Croton bonplandianum

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor