Mystery white-flowering Impatiens from Uttarakhand

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
Mystery white-flowering Impatiens from Uttarakhand Wojciech 10/5/12 10:50 AM
Dear Indian Flora Lovers,
in last several days I checked Impatiens posts on this forum.
post of Balkar https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topicsearchin/indiantreepix/group:indiantreepix$20AND$20Impatiens/indiantreepix/t_Ug8wrSMDo and Prashant https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topicsearchin/indiantreepix/group:indiantreepix$20AND$20Impatiens$20AND$20devendrae/indiantreepix/T2DHK_IIUh4 looks like the same species, with white flowers, rather short and wide open lower sepal, some yellow markings and red spots inside. Flower seen from mouth is rather high but narrow.
I have no idea, however, which species it is.
Dr. Prashant Pusalkar asked how many Impatiens species are known form Uttarakhand answered that about 30. I was able to track 28 taxa. Eighteen of these are different in important features, like flower color, spur lenght, flower dimensions, etc. I have no access to good enough descriptions of further ten species: I. cothurnoides C. E. C. Fisch., I. duthiei Hook. f., I. glauca Hook. f. & Thomson, I. inayatii Hook. f., I. jaeschkei Hook. f., I. podocarpa Hook. f., I. polysciadia Hook. f., I. reidii Hook. f., I. vexillaria Hook. f. and I. violoides Edgew. ex Hook. f.
At the moment there are at least four possibilities for identity of this mysterious Impatiens: 1) this is one of "data deficient" species; 2) white color form of other species (but which?); 3) new record for Uttarakhand; 4) new, undescribed species.
I think the best idea is to ask Dr. Pusalkar for assistance.
Regards                     Wojciech

Fwd: [efloraofindia:133997] Mystery white-flowering Impatiens from Uttarakhand JM Garg 10/5/12 9:24 PM
Hi, Dr. Pusalkar,
May I request you to assist in the matter pl. ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1980 members & 1,33,000 messages on 30/9/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7500 species).

Fwd: [efloraofindia:133997] Mystery white-flowering Impatiens from Uttarakhand JM Garg 10/14/12 3:44 AM