ID : Physalis minima L. from Guwahati

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
ID : Physalis minima L. from Guwahati kd_...@rediffmail.com 10/8/12 9:47 AM
Dear All,
Is it Physalis minima L. ? Please confirm the ID.

Time of collection: 01/10/2012
Location : Maligaon, 1 No. Gate. Guwahati 11
Habit : Herb
Habitat : Grows on the road side.

With regards
Karuna Kanta Das
Guwahati 781012

Follow Rediff Deal ho jaye! to get exciting offers in your city everyday.
Re: [efloraofindia:134312] ID : Physalis minima L. from Guwahati Gurcharan Singh 10/8/12 10:07 AM
I hope Physalis angulata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

--

Re: [efloraofindia:134313] ID : Physalis minima L. from Guwahati Ushadi 10/9/12 6:27 AM
Gurcharanji

what really is the diagnostic difference?
the berries of both look similar
and the covering balloon are both ribbed
and angled
acuta seems a bit more acute angled than the minima
is that the difference?

I could not open the link pdf...claims something is missing
do you have a copy on your computer may be that would help.

thanks
usha
-

Usha di
===========

Re: Re: [efloraofindia:134313] ID : Physalis minima L. from Guwahati kd_...@rediffmail.com 10/9/12 7:03 AM
Thank You Sir Ji. But I am a bit confused. When you identified my specimen as Physalis angulata, then I again moved to the collection site today and collected the attached images of specimen (Physalis angulata - 1 and Physalis angulata -2) where there is a difference in leaf morphology(onoes margin is dentate where othere is not). Both the specimen are collected from the same locality.And also I have dissected the flowers of both specimen and found little difference.On the other hand in "The Plant list" Physalis minima is a synonym of P. angulata.(P. angulata var. angulata). But in "Flora of China" the Physalis minima and p. angulata are described as different species.So, please put on light on this matter.

With Regards

Karuna Kanta Das
Guwahati 781012

On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 22:37:10 +0530 wrote

http://file.lw23.com/f/f8/f8f/f8f0b0c8-d717-40a1-aeca-5fdaa7323b45.pdf

--
Dr. Gurcharan SinghRetired  Associate Professor

Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://www.gurcharanfamily.com/
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Fwd: [efloraofindia:134312] ID : Physalis minima L. from Guwahati JM Garg 10/20/12 12:42 AM

Some earlier relevant feedback:

I hope Physalis angulata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh

[...]

 Some of the doubts can be cleared by persual of earlier discussions at efi site link:

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1980 members & 1,33,000 messages on 30/9/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7500 species).

Fwd: [efloraofindia:134312] ID : Physalis minima L. from Guwahati JM Garg 10/28/12 6:29 AM